Sign in to follow this  
edmcgon

Kearse signs with Eagles

From SI.com:

Desperate for a pass rusher, the Philadelphia Eagles signed three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jevon Kearse to a $66 million, eight-year deal on Wednesday, the first day of the NFL's free agency period.

After we get VBG off the ceiling, maybe he might have a comment for us. ;)

That's a great move for the Eagles, I had hoped they would go for him but I assumed he'd be tagged by the Titans. That gives us a strong Devensive End, now we need a strong Wide Out. I might like to see T.O. in Midnight Green...

VBG,

Are you sure you want the T.O. headaches? :wow:

No, in fact 2 months ago I'd have threatened physical violence against anyone that even joked at him wearing Midnight Green. But after losing 3 NFC Championships in a row I think the WR's might need a little attitude.

I am 99% sure Andy Reid wouldn't even think about TO though, he just doesn't fit the mold of what A.R. likes in players. Still we need a WR that can be physical and get the job done. I believe that was the difference in not getting to the Super Bowl 3 years in a row. If we had had a TO kind of Wide Out for the past 3 years then we'd be talking about an Eagles Dynasty of a 3 Super Bowl victories back to back to back.

Another possibility out there, which is another "problem child" is Randy Moss. The Eagles just need that Deep Threat to go with DMac's running ability. Add to that a good pass rush, and the 2 RBs we have and the Eagles could be dangerous for some time to come.

I Still like the wanabes a lions fan

Edited by tokar