Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room - ST-Trivia Session 11

Chat Room - ST-Trivia Session 11

12/27/03

3:00 PM (ET)

Another exciting session of StarTrekFans.net's Offical Star Trek Trivia will be held in the chat room on Saturday, December 27, 2003! Hosted by the one and only Master Q! ;) The ever exciting Master Q chat room sessions (as talked about by several members in the last session) with regular doses will increase your IQ the fast and easy way!

What Time?

Vote Here

:biggrin:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q

The session will be tomorrow at 3:00 pm (et). I hope to see you then.

During this trivia session we are going to do something different. I'm still planning it out, but I hope you enjoy it.

Side Note: Everyone can come to this chat room session. It is not part of the "newbie week."

Master Q

Edited by master_q

Star-Trek-Chain

--Trivia Session Rules/Guidelines--

As you will learn this game will kind of be like The Weakest Link, but there will be no voting off people or anything to that nature. The team will work together throughout the game.

*Star-Trivia-Chain will require team work!

*Each participant will be asked one question at a time

**As I (Master Q) ask "person 1" a question that person will respond w/ the answer.

**Then "person 2" will be asked if he or she agrees w/ person 1’s answer. If person 2 does not agree, then that person can change the answer and then I (Master Q) will give the real answer. If person 2 agrees, then I will give the real answer and will give the new question to person 2. . . . and so on

***Simply stated: you want to create a chain of correct answers

****During your turn get your question wrong and if the person after you does not correct you then the chain is broken

****If you say the word BANK before I ask your question then the points are saved in the bank

****If the team gets five questions correct in a row, then the team will automatically get those points put into the bank and start a brand new chain

****DO NOT FORGET – make sure you bank when you need to . . . If you do not bank then you risk losing the team’s points

The Chain of Command . . . .

Super 5 ~ 10 points

Pre-Super 4 ~ 7 points

Mean 3 ~ 5 points

Cool 2 ~ 3 points

Average 1 ~ 1 point

(When I say Super 5 that means that 5 questions were correctly answered in a row ...)

-Spelling usually do not count but I must be able to determine what you are referring to

Questions / Answers:

[You might notice some of these questions might sound familiar, but let’s see if you learned anything. Let’s Start ...]

Q1: TOS started in the - 1950s? 60s? 70s? 80s?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: 60s

Q2: What was Chekov’s job aboard the Enterprise?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Navigator

Q3: The first ship Picard commanded was the ___________.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Stargazer

Q4: What was Data’s rank?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Lieutenant Commander

Q5: What game did O’Brien often play with Bashir in Quark’s bar?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Darts

Q6: Bashir graduated ________ in his class from Starfleet Medical.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: second

Q7: In "Blood Fever" who wanted Tores to become his mate?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Vorik

Q8: What is Kim’s job on Voyager?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Operations Officer

Q9: Who is Skybok’s father?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Sarek

Q10: True or False: In Star Trek IV Kirk was demoted.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: True

Q11: True or False: To penetrate the Great Barrier the Enterprise-B was equipped with transwarp drive.

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: False

Q12: "Duet" - This is a ST episode. What *series* does it come from?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: DS9

Q13: "Ethics" - This is a ST episode. What *series* does it come from?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: TNG

Q14: Who was Picard’s nephew? [FULL NAME]

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: René Picard

Q15: Who is Picard’s brother? [FULL NAME]

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Robert Picard

Q16: What is the name of Tasha’s daughter (alternate history)?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Sela

Q17: Random ~ Which state in the U.S. is completely surrounded by the ocean?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Hawaii

Q18: Random ~ Where is the highest point on earth?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Mount Everest (in the Himalayas; 29,029 feel)

Q19: Random ~ What star is the closest to the earth?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: the sun (it is about 93 million miles or 149,600,000 km away from earth)

Q20: Random ~ What three lands make up Great Britain?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: England, Scotland, and Wales

Q21: Who was the only main character to cross over from “The Cage” to the regular series?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Spock

Q22: What is the 2,500 light-year across starless region of the Delta Quadrant called by the Voyager crew?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: The Void

Q23: What pre-industrial species believed for a time that Picard was a god?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Mintakans

Q24: What was Garak’s first name?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: Elim

Q25: What sounded "Swedish" to Lily in First Contact?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: The name of the Borg

Q26: Random ~ Out of the 55 most wanted men/women of Iraq how many are left?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: 13

Q27: Random ~ What day (month/day/year) in Iraq was Saddam Hussein captured?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: 12/13/03 (We found out 12/14/03, but he was captured on the 13th)

Q28: What Star Trek gift did Master_Q get for Christmas?

Click for Spoiler:

Answer: DS9 DVD Season Set

Master Q

Question 28.  I look at it with bitter memories.  Just Kidding!  Thanks for nominating me Derro!  lol.  No thanks for stumping me Master Q. Just Kidding... it was a good time MQ! 

I cannot let another person take the blame for something that I did! I was the one that nominated you..lol..It was Derro who answered the question correctly afterwards..

It was a fun session MQ...

Scores:

Captain_Bolivar +32

Derro +32

Mrs.Picard +32

Spacetigger +32

Stardreamer +32

Wonderful Job Everyone!

Master Q

I cannot let another person take the blame for something that I did! I was the one that nominated you..lol..It was Derro who answered the question correctly afterwards..

Oh, I thought it was Derro. I'm sorry B) Secondly, I'm just joking around... it was all in good fun and I'm honoured that you nominated me. However, next time I think we should vote Derro cause he got it right this time... so he deserves the chance next time, if there is a next time. I don't know if we will be playing that type of trivia again. Will we Master Q?

Oh, I thought it was Derro.  I'm sorry B) Secondly, I'm just joking around... it was all in good fun and I'm honoured that you nominated me.  However, next time I think we should vote Derro cause he got it right this time... so he deserves the chance next time, if there is a next time.  I don't know if we will be playing that type of trivia again.  Will we Master Q?

I don't think we will play it for a while, but I'm sure we will play it again in the future. The next session will be a regular trivia session.

I believe the trivia sessions are more enjoyable if the session have more conversations throughout the game. It is more difficult to have a conversation in the middle of the game that we played last time.

But do you think last session was more enjoyable then a regular session (even though there was less conversation during the game)? Or not?

Master Q

I don't think we will play it for a while, but I'm sure we will play it again in the future. The next session will be a regular trivia session.

I believe the trivia sessions are more enjoyable if the session have more conversations throughout the game. It is more difficult to have a conversation in the middle of the game that we played last time.

But do you think last session was more enjoyable then a regular session (even though there was less conversation during the game)? Or not?

Master Q

I wouldn't want to have that type of session every time but I did like it. It was kinda good for a change for us who can't type fast! Asking a question to 1 person at a time was a good break for a trivia chat session..

I wouldn't want to have that type of session every time but I did like it. It was kinda good for a change for us who can't type fast! Asking a question to 1 person at a time was a good break for a trivia chat session..

I agree

It is a good break

Master Q

Like I told MQ, I wanted to join in, but was out of town. B) I guess this would've been the session for me since I type reeeeeaaallly slowly. Does that mean I'd have a hard time in future sessions? Guess I'll just wait til then. B)

To bad you couldn't make it Ace, you would of had fun I should know because I type realy slooooooooowly, I hope you can make it to the next one.

As for Q.28 my excuse is that "I'm the new Guy" just kidding, I do apologize for that and it wont happen again.

I't was a fun session MQ, I hope to see another one soon.

I thought the last session was really interesting but I wouldn't say I like it more or less than other sessions. Whatever we play is fine with me! So long as it isn't always the same. And ya, I like it when there is a bit more conversation. Maybe the next time we play one with that style you could, after a question is done, give us a moment to talk. Once we're done you move on the next question. Do you think that would work?

Maybe the next time we play one with that style you could, after a question is done, give us a moment to talk.  Once we're done you move on the next question.  Do you think that would work?

That's what I usually do

Master Q