Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Character addition/departure episodes

TOS - "Catspaw" - Pavel Chekov joins the cast.

TNG - "Skin of Evil" - Natasha Yar dies.

"The Child" - It's established that Beverly Crusher left the Enterprise.

"Evolution" - Beverly Crusher has returned to the Enterprise.

"Final Mission" - Wesley leaves the Enterprise.

DS9 - "The Way of the Warrior" - Worf is assigned to DS9.

"Tears of the Prophets" - Jadzia dies.

"Image in the Sand" - Ezri becomes the new host of Dax.

VOY - "Scorpion, Part II" - Seven joins the cast.

"The Gift" - Kes evolves.

These are all the episodes where a series regular joins or departs the series. Which episode did you find most exciting/emotional?

Most exciting - "Scorpion, Part II"

Most emotional - "The Gift"

Most exciting - The Gift

Most emotional - Tears of the Prophets

I'm only familiar with the TNG episodes in your list so I'll only comment on them. I don't think I can classify either as most emotional or most exciting but I do think Final Mission was a phenomenal episode. It featured superb acting by Patrick Stewart (as usual) and Wil Wheaton. I know that many fans disliked Wes intensely however I think the writers had finally started to write his character much better (no more Wes saves the day stuff) in season 3 and certainly in season 4.

These are all the episodes where a series regular joins or departs the series.  Which episode did you find most exciting/emotional?

Most emotional - "The Gift"[/color]

TOS - "Catspaw" - Pavel Chekov joins the cast

Interesting episode, more of a "Halloween special" that was aired a few days before Halloween 1967. This wasn't the first time we see Chekov's, Chekov was first seen in episode 1 of season 2 (Amok Time). Catspaw was episode 7. It was filmed first but not aired first.

Didn't like this episode, didn't really care for Tasha. I believe TNG was better off when she left. I think Worf's character development was able to take a much more interesting path once she left then it otherwise would have.

It's established that she left here but her last episode from season 1 would be "The Neutral Zone" so I'll comment on both that one and this one. "The Child" was an interesting story and I would consider it an more of an "introduction" to Dr. Pulaski then the departure of Dr. Crusher. It was a "watchable" episode but not really a "re-watchable" episode.

"The Neutral Zone", which was Dr. Crusher's final episode until season 3 was very "re-watchable" however. This episode was very exciting both in drama and action. Seeing 20th century people "transported" into the 24th century the way they were was a great storyline.

"Evolution" was another interesting story, well written and acted. Interesting to see a mother returing to her son after a year and how she reacts to his new independence. Semi "re-watchable" episode.

By this time of the series I was pretty put off on Wesley's character, like most other fans. This was a pretty good episode though.

Great 2 part episode, lots of drama and action. It further developes Worf's character. I love the scene where Jadzia and Kira are coming out of the holosuite wearing princess costumes and meet worf for the first time. Worf looks at Kira with the tall pointy hat and says "nice nat", which completely embarrased Kira lol.

I didn't like the fact that Terry Farrel was leaving the show. I wanted her to finish out the series. I also didn't like the fact that they killed her off, though I can understand why since they wanted to continue the Dax character and the Dax-Sisko relationship.

The episode itself was very well written, a lot of drama and good action. I'd have liked it better if Jadzia had died in battle more then the way they killed her off though.

Ezri actually became the new host before this episode during the off season, this is however when we learn of it and meet her. This was a very interesting 2 part story, while we meet Ezri in "Image in the Sand" it's only at the very end and only for about 10 seconds.

It was in "Shadows and Symbols", the second part where we really start to get to know her. This is also the second time we get to see Benny Russell, in a vision that Sisko has. I also thought it interesting to see Casey Biggs as Benny's doctor in the vision.

I've only seen this episode twice, once when it was originally on and a second time a few months back. Interesting episode and good introduction to Seven of Nine.

I never really had any attachment to the Kes character, I always thought it to be short sighted to have a character on a show that had such a limited lifespan. I saw "The Gift" when it first aired, it was another "watchable" episode but not one I would call "re-watchable".

For most emotional I'd have to pick "Tears Of The Profits"

For most exciting, "The Way of the Warrior"

TOS - "Catspaw" - Pavel Chekov joins the cast

Interesting episode, more of a "Halloween special" that was aired a few days before Halloween 1967. This wasn't the first time we see Chekov's, Chekov was first seen in episode 1 of season 2 (Amok Time). Catspaw was episode 7. It was filmed first but not aired first.

Well, some of the TOS episodes were aired out of order, with the "pilot" being the 5th or so aired episode, so I just assumed that TOS was ment to be aired in production order.

Stardate:213767.9

Most Exciting-Way of the Warrior

Most Emotional-Tears of the Prophets and The Skin(the scene at the end with Tasha telling everybody goodbye was cool)

I didn't like the fact that Terry Farrel was leaving the show. I wanted her to finish out the series. I also didn't like the fact that they killed her off, though I can understand why since they wanted to continue the Dax character and the Dax-Sisko relationship.

The episode itself was very well written, a lot of drama and good action. I'd have liked it better if Jadzia had died in battle more then the way they killed her off though.

I agree.I think Jadzia deserved a more honorable death

TOS - "Catspaw" - Pavel Chekov joins the cast.

These are all the episodes where a series regular joins or departs the series.  Which episode did you find most exciting/emotional?

Most emotional - "The Gift"

Most Emotional:Tears of the prophets-Jadzia dies :drool:

Most Exciting:Scorpian Part 2-Seven joins the cast :lol: