Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Next On Enterprise - The Crossing

I have a major nit to pick with this episode. This was probably addressed in a previous thread, but I missed it.

Supposedly these non-corporeal beings live in sub-space, and can not live in "normal" space. They also can not live in a "dead" host (similar to living in space).

If no biosigns were detected on their ship, how could the non-corporeal beings operate the huge ship they were in? How is it that they could float, through space, from their ship to the Enterprise, before inhabiting members of the crew? If they could not survive in a "dead" host, they would have to survive long enough to leave the "dead" host, and travel back through space to their ship. How could they do that?

Any thoughts, answers?

I have a major nit to pick with this episode. This was probably addressed in a previous thread, but I missed it.

Supposedly these non-corporeal beings live in sub-space, and can not live in "normal" space. They also can not live in a "dead" host (similar to living in space).

If no biosigns were detected on their ship, how could the non-corporeal beings operate the huge ship they were in? How is it that they could float, through space, from their ship to the Enterprise,  before inhabiting members of the crew? If they could not survive in a "dead" host, they would have to survive long enough to leave the "dead" host, and travel back through space to their ship. How could they do that?

Any thoughts, answers?

I have also thought a bit about these questions..

They could probably operate the ship with some sort of telepathy, that can be explained. What is more interesting, however, is how they built the ship..

Perhaps they entered other compatible species and used them as hosts when they constructed the ship..

But why would they even need a ship? hmmm.. many questions.. :look:

NOTE: this is one serious ramble!

Yeah the episode didn't make sense. But for some reason I didn't nitpik it like I ususally do... I ended up enjoying it regardless. Seriously tho, Enterprise needs a self destruct system.. if it was activated the non coproreal beings would have left their bodies and would have returned to their ship. They wouldn't bother coming back cause all Archer would have to do is reactivate it. Self Destruct is that answer to most solutions! So is the deflector dish in TNG. Ever notice that in the last 4 movies Picard has tried to activate the self destruct system! Fortunately, it was inoperable in Nemesis, or Date would be the only one dead. As for the deflector dish, even the borg realize the usefulness of a dish... they tried to use it in insurrection...

Here's another nit to pick:

What happened to Porthos? Did the poor little pup get taken also, or were the beings incompatible with canine quadrupeds? (Not to mention all of Phlox's critters.) So many times the writers seem to forget little Porthos is on the ship, too.