You know it's 2009 when
Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:48 PM
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it. - Nietzsche
***************** Tea, Earl Grey, HOT! *****************
Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:32 PM
I resemble that remark.
How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, "This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant!" Instead they say, "No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way!" - Carl Sagan, author and astronomer
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenbery, creator of Star Trek
Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:17 PM
Aw man, my mum just used to do that sometimes. Not anymore though.
This post has been edited by Cara: 16 January 2009 - 09:19 PM