Sign in to follow this  
Sara_Paris

NASA, Google unveil Mars

NASA and Google, Inc., have teamed up to build the ultimate atlas for Mars fans eager to explore the red planet in three-dimensional detail while keeping their feet firmly on Earth.

Google Mars 3D, a new mode included in Google's latest version of Google Earth software, allows users to tap into high-resolution and three-dimensional views of Martian terrain from the comfort of their own personal computer.

The mode, which relies on NASA data and imagery from the agency's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and other spacecraft, is designed so users can "fly" through Martian canyons in a virtual mode and see the red planet's surface through the camera eyes of those long-lived NASA rovers Spirit and Opportunity, as well as other Mars missions.

"They can fly to the top of Olympus Mons, the tallest volcano in our solar system, read geo-located excerpts about different locations on the planet from 'A Traveler's Guide to Mars,' observe where various Mars rovers and landers have touched down and much more," Google officials said in an announcement.

The new Mars mode also includes a sharing feature so users can add their own 3D content to the Mars map for all to see.

NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif., collaborated with Google to build the new Google Mars 3D mode. In addition to NASA data, the software includes data produced by researchers at the Carnegie Mellon University, SETI Institute and other organizations.

New Video - Spirit on Mars: NASA's Little Rover That Could

Video - Five Years on Mars for NASA Rovers

The 10 Best Mars Images Ever

Cool!

I once had Google Earth/Sky but I never used it so I eventually uninstalled it to save disk space.

Besides, I have no faith in the honesty of those Mars pics. I've learned how JPL/NASA tampers with the imgs to hide evidence of anomalies on it, IMO.

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evidenc...r-directory.htm

In regard to the link you posted-

Ok admittedly when I read the “disclaimer” at the top of the page my first thoughts were “crackpot, conspiracy theorist, nut job.” However I like to think of myself as someone who forms an opinion only after having garnered all the information available on the subject. So I mentally scolded myself, decided to reserve judgment, and did some browsing. There is so much information on there! I mean I really need to sit down and devote some time to it because it’s not really something you can just browse through. I’ll revisit the site soon and then maybe we can have a discussion about it when I’m more informed. Until then could you answer me one thing? What is he saying? Is he saying that we can’t trust any of the images or reports?

You are correct, it does take time to sort through but it's worth it if you have time and inclination to check it out.

I had doubts about him at first as well. I mean, I always suspected something fishy was going on but not to the level of deceptiveness he eventuality [conditionally*] convinced me was actually happening.

He's not just saying it, he's backing it up with visual and scientific proof. He's an expert in digital IMGs, he knows when something ain't right. He understands perfectly what the latest cameras we've sent to Mars are capable of and when he sees released IMGs which do not equal the resolution which should be present, that represents a red flag which he then investigates further until a clearer picture of what might be hiding under the tampering, ("smudging and blurring on transparent layers" for one example,) is launched, usually with startling results.

I still sometimes find myself reeling at the implications of what he's found in the Official IMGs of Mars. It can be difficult to believe, (*especially the 'current humanoid life present' category) despite the evidence.

To be fair, not "every" IMG released has been tampered with, only ones which reveal forbidden items. Also, not all of the anomalies reported on were discovered by him, many were brought to his attention and he then simply applied his sleuthing skills to the case.

Example report: IMAGE TAMPERING: WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

1. I don't know. The paper trail ends at JPL/NASA. Beyond that... Section 31? lol

2. Could it be the idea that Truth reveled wholesale before the proper conditioning has been applied could have detrimental effects to Society, perhaps? How long was the truth about Earth not being the center of the Universe or that the Earth was not really flat hidden from mainstream society?