Sign in to follow this  
Danny

How does the startdate work?

Yep it is rather neat. I think so because I'm working on one of my own. I'm not sure how this individual created his formula's but I created mine by using the time between Star Trek Generations and Nemesis to determine what one unit of Stardate is equal to in stardard time units. While I believe this is an accurate way to calculate Stardate it does have one fall back. It requires the user to work from a relative reference point. Your probably confused by now, but that's because it takes me more than 6 pages to fully explain my process. Once it is fully worked out I suppose I shall post it here. I also have to get my self a Javascript or Visual Basic editor and learn how to use it so I can make an easy to use program. At any rate, I checked out this converter and compared a calculation to mine and I found that both answers were quite similar. The difference in calculation as I have determined is that the one given in the above post makes 1000 units of Stardate equal to one year. According to what I have found in the Star Trek universe is that the real value is more like 1015. I may further do comparisons between relative stardates in Star Trek and fine tune that number even more. Anywho, pretty good calculator!

Actually VBG can put a script up that gives the current stardate, as I write this 57523.4., its on the top of my site it changes every twenty five minutes.

Edited by Kiearn