Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Online petition for TOS season sets

Good luck although I have heard that Paramount won't accept online petitions.

It figures that Paramount would not accept online petitions.

Just like they don’t accept fan scripts anymore (something that I have a big objection to)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Just like they don’t accept fan scripts anymore (something that I have a big objection to)

Master Q

It's not just Paramount that won't accept unsolicited scripts. All studio won't now because of the number of law suits filed by people alleging theft of ideas. I think the first one I heard of was a guy in Calgary, Alberta sued George Lucas claiming he sent Lucas a script and that Lucas had stolen the concept of Ewoks from this script.

I just signed it.

Thanks Master Q for the link.

(Hey, this is my 501st post. I just made Captain!)

Ok just signed the petition hopefully someone will listen to what the fans want. But then again to Paramount it's all about the benjamin's and if they don't think it will make money they won't do it, but hey it never hurt to try.

Master Q

It's not just Paramount that won't accept unsolicited scripts. All studio won't now because of the number of law suits filed by people alleging theft of ideas. I think the first one I heard of was a guy in Calgary, Alberta sued George Lucas claiming he sent Lucas a script and that Lucas had stolen the concept of Ewoks from this script.

Well, as far as online petitions are concerned I’ll still do them and I find it somewhat hard to believe that Paramount does not look at them unofficially. (If I was a manger of a company I would look at the petitions unofficially, then I could rate the possible profit I might make. I would see them as a variable - maybe a small variable, but a variable . . . . if you know what I mean).

For scripts . . .

As you know on TNG they use to accept them. All you had to do was sign a release form. I’m no legal expert, but maybe they could be very exact (in saying “we own this script unequivocally”) in the terms . . .?

Master Q