Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Frame of Mind

Frame of Mind

Aired: May 3, 1993

Stardate: 46778.1

This is a relatively new episode the first time I saw it was on DVD (I think the only episode that I have not seen till I saw this one) for me I really liked it or that’s what I personally think. The show keeps you on your seat! The most important factor of the show and what makes it good is the frame of reference. The frame of reference is first person from the protagonist point of view. If it was not for that and if it was third person then the show would be in no way as good as this.

Of course there are episodes that are better then this, but this goes on my ‘like list’. The show as I said gives you this point of view from the protagonist and tries to make you as confused as he is.

What do you think of this episode?

What are your opinions on this episode?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

It certainly is a powerful episode. I have always thought of it as one of Jonathan Frakes' best performances. The torment and uncertainty, the slipping closer and closer to madness - he was brilliant.

It certainly is a powerful episode. I have always thought of it as one of Jonathan Frakes' best performances. The torment and uncertainty, the slipping closer and closer to madness - he was brilliant.

I most definitely agree!

I think it is his best episode in acting (for TNG).

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

What do you think of this episode?

What are your opinions on this episode?

I thought that this episode was a very brillent episode.. it kinda tells of things that the militart would do to get informations out of people.. Jonathan Frakes is a VERY talented Actor and this just proves it..

*plus is was cute cuz when he yells he has lil monkey lips its so cute.. hehe*

~Lauren

Another Riker episode I liked from that season was Schisms. The idea of alien abductions on Star Trek is fascinating. And of course it gave us that poetic masterpiece "Ode to Spot" too.

Yes. I think the crew were very rude to Data.

I think I need to watch Frame of Mind again, though. I only saw it once and I was working so I didn't pay too much attention, but the plot made NO sense to me what-so-ever.

Yes. I think the crew were very rude to Data.

I think I need to watch Frame of Mind again, though. I only saw it once and I was working so I didn't pay too much attention, but the plot made NO sense to me what-so-ever.

Definitely watch Frame of Mind again. You really need to give it your full attention when watching it or it can seem very confusing.

As to Schisms, we only heard the end of one poem and then Ode to Spot. The audience at the poetry reading had already listened to many, many more poems. I'll forgive them this time.

Another Riker episode I liked from that season was Schisms. The idea of alien abductions on Star Trek is fascinating. And of course it gave us that poetic masterpiece "Ode to Spot" too.

Yeah, and then his poem revisits everyone again in "Fistful of Datas", I still love that. . . I mean that Riker had to say several lines of the poem.

As for the listeners being rude to Data, I guess it would get tiresome to hear so many poems. . .but, there was NOTHING wrong with his poem (OK, so maybe that is just me there). I thought it was good, vastly better than any of MY attempts at poetry :unsure: !

This is Mostly for the Soong Sisters:

Ode to Spot by Data

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature,

an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?

Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses

contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.

"I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,

a singular development of cat communications

that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection

for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.

"A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;

you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.

And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion,

it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

"O Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display

connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.

And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,

I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend

~~just because it was Mentioned~~

This is Mostly for the Soong Sisters:

Ode to Spot by Data

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature,

an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?

Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses

contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.

"I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,

a singular development of cat communications

that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection

for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.

"A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;

you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.

And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion,

it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

"O Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display

connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.

And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,

I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend

~~just because it was Mentioned~~

EEEEEKKK!!! Thank you Celtic Swimmer!!! :unsure: :)

That is REALLY a good poem!!! :)

Soong_girl, you changed your picture!

If it's in season 6 I'll see it soon. I'm watching all the episodes in order and I just saw Fistfull of Datas.

If it's in season 6 I'll see it soon. I'm watching all the episodes in order and I just saw Fistfull of Datas.

actually, in the short period of time I have been on the boards tonight, I think she has changed picture two or three times. . . .hee hee not that I'M complaining, when you think WHO the pictures are of!!!

When Frame of Mind first aired I thought it was one of the best episodes I had ever seen. I've always loved Riker and he was so good in this one. It also reminded me of Total Recall which I also have always loved.

Fistful of Datas will be on tomorrow on TNN as well in the bonus Treks as one of the holodeck episodes. The other will be Ship in a Bottle - the other Moriarity episode.

Yes, I changed the picture. I wish I could get it a little clearer though.

actually, in the short period of time I have been on the boards tonight, I think she has changed picture two or three times. . . .hee hee not that I'M complaining, when you think WHO the pictures are of!!!

Ya, I just noticed too. Soong_girl, where'd you get the picture? (it's a really good one)

Fistful of Datas will be on tomorrow on TNN as well in the bonus Treks as one of the holodeck episodes. The other will be Ship in a Bottle - the other Moriarity episode.

Yes, I changed the picture. I wish I could get it a little clearer though.

Oh, good I want to record that episode, since I can't get the DVDs yet.

Love the pictures I have seen as your avatars, getting picture clarity is a big problem, since we are alloted such a small space!

Season 6 is one of the best season. Not only the episodes mentioned in this thread but also Chain of Command, Quality of Life, Relics, Birthright, Face of the Enemy and so on and so on. All excellent episodes.

I got the picture from the Nemesis slide show on startrek.com and saved it to my hard drive and then cut some edges off.

Season 6 is amazing (and Data in the special features!!)

Quality of Life is one of my favourite episodes of all Trek.

We have not watched any of the special features yet twitch.gif We are waiting until we finish watching the whole series first, we are up to, Reunification. Soon!

Frame of mind was such a good episode!! :lol: :D:D:D:D :lol: :D I loved how it was hard for even the viewers to tell what was real and what wasn't. It gave my little sister nightmears though.

lol...spooky.

Where do you get these alternate smilies anyway??

I've been wondering that too. Maybe it's a privilege of rank. :lol:

I stole em from spammers at spammers paradise!bow.gif

Go ahead and feel free to make copies of any you see me use for your own use. Also, I found a site with over 1500 free gifs but if you copy the link they will disappear when the owner changes servers or something like that.

I have not yet learned how to copy them to my hard drive.