Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

A quick eye exam

Read the following paragraph carefully and count how many "F"'s are present; The answer is below but DONT CHEAT! ok?

FINISHED FILES ARE THE

RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC

STUDY COMBINED WITH THE

EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

So what do you think? 3? 4 maybe?

Go back and read it again, CAREFULLY!;

Answer below

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

Suspenseful huh?

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

There are six.

The brain cannot easily process the word "OF."

Incredible or what?

Anyone who counts all six F's on the first go is a genius

Three is normal.

How did you do?

I went over it once, got 3, then scanned it over again and noticed I missed the "OF"'s!!! Tricky! I like it!

6, of course. But, people can easily make mistakes because people tend not to look at the smaller words. Of is a very easy word for people to miss!

OK, so my IQ is 147. . .but come on this was a fun little test.

Am I the only honest person here?!?!?

What, about my IQ? Nope, sorry, I AM being honest! My IQ was tested a total of 4 times in my life and I am only 22 now!

Or was it about getting the right answer without cheating and scrolling down? Nope, didn't do that either. I love those games, you can easily find similar ones in Mensa books!

Mensa was founded in England in 1946 by Roland Berrill, a barrister, and Dr. Lance Ware, a scientist and lawyer. They had the idea of forming a society for bright people, the only qualification for membership of which was a high IQ. The original aims were, as they are today, to create a society that is non-political and free from all racial or religious distinctions. The society welcomes people from every walk of life whose IQ is in the top 2% of the population, with the objective of enjoying each other's company and participating in a wide range of social and cultural activities. ---- This was from the Mensa International web page.

And there are several books out there that are filled with different types of games, ones like the one here on this thread are commonly seen.

They do not specifically give a minimum IQ score number but rather a percentile that qualify you. I am not a "member" of Mensa but, I have often thought about it, just for fun! But you can usually find these books at your local bookstore, in the games section. My sister found hers at Barnes and Nobles. Someone once said the minimum score to "get in" is 130, but if you look they say that that is not accurate.

Don't sell yourself short Alterego, if you were to take the test you might qualify, who knows?

I only brought up my IQ cause I thought that I should. I mean the thread did say no geniuses allowed (not that I THINK I am a genius). But, I also wanted to admit I bent the rules a little. I hate the idea of breaking rules without telling the rule maker first(if that makes sense).

I got all six, but I've seen these things before as well.

I have the quiz-a-day mensa book. It's so much fun! I got in December and I'm only about half-way done, but it really makes you think. It's weird - I'll look at a question one day and have NO clue what the answer is, but the next day it will come to me in a snap. I never took an IQ test, but we did a percentile test - I was 99.5 and in the gifted program at school. Some of the questions are really difficult though. And I must admit I save the math questions until last (they're just so long and can't bring myself to read them, lol)

I guess birds of a feather really DO flock together! Like I had said before I had an IQ test done several times. And two times were in the case that the administration wished to place me in a class 2 grade levels ahead of my graduating class, and to put me in the gifted program as well. But, at my schools the way the gifted teachers worked was..."my students today we are having a test....No, don't worry about the fact that you never studied because here is the answer key. . .If you need an answer, use it! And I will go and mark your grades down before you hand in your tests!" This seems really far fetched, but this is what at least 8 of my classmates in H.S. told me(there was no gifted program in high school, they were placed automatically in the honors and AP programs and were floundering severely in the first 4 1/2 weeks of school, and 85-90% of them were out of the honors program by first report card!!)

The reason why I wasn't placed in the gifted program and advanced a total of 4 grades was that my mom wanted me to remain with children close to my own age (I was one of the youngest in my graduating class), and for me to get the social skills down. . . .This is sorta starting to sound like I am like Lal in The Offspring, doesn't it?? That and my mom didn't like how the school ran its Gifted Program, and after what I found out, who could ever blame her?? After all I graduated from H.S 22nd out of my class of 408 with highest honors, and graduated from Community College with high honors. Got on the Who's Who's Of American High School Students three of my four years(freshmen usually aren't in it) and The Dean's List two or three times in (Comm. College), plus I was in the National Honors Society and Phi Theta Kappa (the International Honors Society for Comm. College students). So I guess everything worked out well for me, in the end. True, the way I was in school merited a couple of rather pleasant nicknames...."The Walking Computer" or "Android", can't complain about either :bow: !

hehe, android.

Ya, my parents (well, my mom) didn't want me or my brother to be skipping grades. My grandfather did, and he's, apparently, "anti-social". I wouldn't go that far, but he never speaks a word. And he skipped two grades, so naturally my mom blames it on that (are people not allowed to be shy because they ARE shy? Why does it always have to be for a reason?)

And this is seems ill-advised, but I'm gonna come out and say it and get it over with. You soong_girls wont hate me will you? K, here goes:

I'm still in high school, so I can't say anything about university, yet, and I guess I'm the youngest of all of us.

(that might come as a bit of an anti-climax to you, but to me, I just feel very young, and small.)

No, I won't hate you! And I don't think that the other girls will hate you either! There is nothing wrong with you or your age! I am not much older than you remember, dsbs. So if they don't like you because of your age then there is a good chance they wouldn't like me! I just don't think they are like that!

Lol. thanks  :bow:  I guess I was embarassed beacuse Brent's SO much older than me...

true, Brent is 54 and Data IS 42 (I am NOT saying was, he just CANNOT be gone!!). So we are in the same boat, there!

As for the eye exam, I noticed that someone didn't believe that SO many people got 6 so easily. It really is an easy question, if you take the time. The answer is very simple, if you are merely a little more observant.

I know. i agree (about everything). But, about the f's, I guess if people just scan it quickly and answer straight away, they'll PROBABLY (not definitely) get it wrong. But I just thought, the first time I saw this question, that if it was that easy, it wouldn't be a question, so I paid extra attention, and got it right.

I'm going for now, see you all later!

hehe, android.

Ya, my parents (well, my mom) didn't want me or my brother to be skipping grades. My grandfather did, and he's, apparently, "anti-social". I wouldn't go that far, but he never speaks a word. And he skipped two grades, so naturally my mom blames it on that (are people not allowed to be shy because they ARE shy? Why does it always have to be for a reason?)

And this is seems ill-advised, but I'm gonna come out and say it and get it over with. You soong_girls wont hate me will you? K, here goes:

I'm still in high school, so I can't say anything about university, yet, and I guess I'm the youngest of all of us.

(that might come as a bit of an anti-climax to you, but to me, I just feel very young, and small.)

To paraphrase a very old saying "Star Trek makes strange bedfellows". :bow: I'm sure it is true that you probably wouldn't go out seeking friends the age of Lessa or I in person but I think if we had all met "in real life" we would have become friends because of our mutual love of TNG and the age difference certainly wouldn't have been a factor. Sometimes I feel a little self-conscience because I am the eldest Soong sister but as you guys have said you are only as old as you feel.

I was quite an underachiever. I had always performed in the top 10 percentile in knowledge tests, etc. but my school marks did not follow that pattern. I did an IQ test on line once (that's real reliable ain't it) and scored quite high (genius level) which was a chuckle. When I was around 20 I did some testing when I was trying to figure out what type of career I wanted to get into. I had no clue and I had hope the testing would rule out a bunch of areas. It didn't help at all. The tester said my results indicated that I would have to study very hard to become a brain surgeon but nothing was ruled out. That helped a bunch. :)

Ya, these things are really useless when you think about them. If you want to do it, go for it (I mean, lets face it, if you're not good at something, you wouldn't want to do it anyways, so what does it matter what a piece of paper says? (on the other hand, we need SOMETHING to brag about :bow: )

as for age, well, i'm always worried someone will say "what does she know, she's only a teenager", and laugh at my stupidity.

Yes I can see where there is a fine line on what good an IQ or percentile test is. I mean you can be an absolute genius, but stink on tests. Plus, if you have dyslexia, and I know a few people who do, you usually have high IQ's but can have average to below average grades.

Ok, so what is up with me? I found 4! LOL

I really am crazy!

I don't think ill of you because you are young, DSBS. Some of my best friends are so young, i could be their mother.

Do you think Soong girl and i are old fuddy duddies?

There is nothing wrong with you, Lessa. It is common to miss words of less than 4 letters. "Of" is one of the most difficult words for the brain to process. So it is extremely NORMAL to only get 3 or 4 f's....

Fuddy duddy :lol: , I haven't heard that phrase in awhile. But, then I haven't heard from my mom's (& my) friend in a while!

Ok, so what is up with me? I found 4! LOL

I really am crazy!

I don't think ill of you because you are young, DSBS. Some of my best friends are so young, i could be their mother.

Do you think Soong girl and i are old fuddy duddies?

Lol, of course not! It's great fun to talk to you all (I hope I'm that fun when I'm your age...evil laughter. Ok, sorry).

Anyways, my brother would like you to know that he found 6 as well (but I think he's lying).

How many posts do you need to be a captain?