Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

New Movie News!

I don't know how many of you get/read Star Trek Communicator (the magazine of the official fan club, whoo!). But there's always a little section called the "Star Trek Update" where they interview Rick Berman on upcoming episodes and... movies. Well, I just got the August/September issue, and there's some news to tell.

(Bold is the magazine, regular is Berman)

Rick, in closing, what is happening with the movie franchise?

There is a project in the works, which involves myself and two other producers. It is in a very early stage right now. It is an idea that takes place prior to Kirk, but is in no way related or connected to Enterprise. It is in a very infant stage right now.

What would be the timing for the release of this film?

I really don't know if this is something that we're looking at in a year or two years. It is too early to discuss that yet.

There has been some buzz on the Internet about it being a mixed-cast movie.

There is always lots of talk, but the real facts will be found out here when you and I talk.

From Star Trek Communicator, issue 151, "Star Trek Update", pg 14.

So, what do you think? I know he didn't say much, but he said enough. I'm already feeling that excitement. I've thought if there's going to be another movie, it should either be Enterprise or a totally new cast. So... does this just give you little tingles near your heart or what?

Edited by ensign_beedrill

Oh yeah I feel the tingle of excitement growing. *buys advance tickets* It will almost certainly be an all new cast, I know some don't like that idea but I say bring it on!

Yeah, I just read the Berman interview yesterday and I'm all excited about it! Finally some concrete news that there will be a Star Trek XI. I never believe until Berman says so. :laugh: ...I'm fine with having a new cast movie..It'll be fun and who knows ? It might re-energize the franchise..I'm hopeful for a great Trek movie anyway.. :laugh:

YES!! New movie!! :laugh::look:

But I hope they abandon the prequal idea...I think they're trying to make the show more apealling to new people, but they seem to be losing a bit of the magic that made TOS and TNG so powerful. They found a wonderful mix with DS9 and VOY, but they were doing too much at the same time. Now they're kind of losing it... :laugh:

OMGOMGOMG! Me want movie! *buys advance tickets for me and all my friends*

If I get a lead role in it *theatrical mode on* then I'll invite you all to the premere and we can sip champange *theatrical mode off* lol jk

But really, this is phenominal! *dances* movie movie movie!

New movie yeah. But i dont really want it turning into star wars. Make so many movies then go to the begining didnt like that. But hopefully this will be good anyway.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:P

Oh my gosh. Unbelievable. *wishes that they get Star Trek Communicator in Singapore* But I'll have to wait for it to come out of VCD or VHS because they don't release Star Trek movies here! How unfair can that get? Never mind, must be patient :clap:

*Eeeeeeeeexcellent....* *does Burns version*

I hope it does have a new cast. But you never know, they might reuse some actors. At least we know the movie is going to be there. :clap: