Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Name That Principle

It's not a ' Fly in the ointment'

It's not 'The straw that broke the camel's back'

It's not 'Murphy's Law'

So what is it?

Let me explain. How many times have you been in this predicament?

Your trying to move something, a very large something, physically. It's taking every bit of your strength just to lift it. Now holding onto , this large massive thing, you have put it somewhere else. You strain, just to hold onto it, now you have to walk with too. You get to where your going to put it down and now here's where the principle comes into play, you can't place it where you planned to BECAUSE there is some little thing preventing anymore forward action. You can't kick this little something out of the way. Your hands and arms are straining just to hold onto this large object, so you have use this large object to coax whatever is blocking you, out of the way. I guess at this point you figure " I should have planned ahead better", but you didn't.

There must be a name for this little dilemma. The moving of a tiny object with something massive and totally inappropriate.

I know what you're talking about ( :naughty: ) I had such encounters this past weekend while packing a U-Haul for my folks. I think what you're looking for is more of an (unofficial) Law than a Principle; Murphy's Law: Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Remember now?

Nope. I think I listed that one. This one is very specific, not a general, catch-all term like that. I think I stated it.......a very small object being moved by a very large, inappropriate one. Totally inefficient. We need a NEW name for this.

Hence the Name of this thread, NAME THAT PRINCIPLE.

Massive Displacement of Micro Objects by Overwelming Force-also know as Homeowner's Insurance claim

Edited by headborg

Jean's Law, Hmm, I don't like that one. But I guess it'll do til something better comes along ;) No offense T'mir

yep had that happen plenty of times, mostly when its something like a tv in hand. how about OBJECT OF OBSTRUCTION PRINCIPAL? pretty much describes that particular problem.

And we have a Winner folks!!!

Suggested by the Great CaptWright himself:

The Object of Obstruction Principle or

The O.O.P., good job!!!!

:biggrin:

I will remember that next time it happens

glad to be of service, anything else i can help with? :biggrin:

btw im not that great but i do try

Edited by cptwright

What were you doing, lying in wait to see my response? You knew you had it

IN THE BAG, you devil you.

:devil:

I'd call it the " angryatyourselflaw " because you're usually angry at yourself for not thinking ahead it the 1st place