Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Who Is The Most Talented Tng Actor?

It has to be Patrick Stewart, he's had so may great roles and played them all excellently. Both Colm Meaney and Brent Spiner are great too though.

Yet another vote for Data here, he was in my opinion the heart of TNG as mush as Spock was for TOS, Odo for DS9 and to a somewhat lesser degree, The Dr. for VOY.

Partick Stewart is mind-blowingly, world-rockingly excellent in Chain of Command and Inner Light. Brent Spiner is jaw-droppingly magical in Brothers and Data's Day. I can't choose between the two really.

When it comes to a series like this, the favorite actor or actress is tough to decide.

In my order, here's my list.

1. Patrick Stewart

2. Brent Spiner

3. Marina Sirtis

4. Jonathan Frakes

5. Michael Dorn

6. LeVar Burton

7. Gates McFadden

All are tight from 1st to 7th, it's so close between all of them.

Overall I'll go with Patrick Stewart.

Although I'd give Michael Dorn special mention because he's Worf first of all but also because he was on CHiPs. :flowers: I wonder how many other CHiPs alumni would make good Klingons? :flowers:

Me too, I mean when I was little I didn't remember this but I used to watch "Star trek the next generation." I remember he also did a "Reading Rainbow" episode of star trek the next generation,

I remember that! What I remember most was Michael Dorn coming out of his trailor in full make-up saying, "Move aside, I take large steps." Those were the good ole days. Well, those were MY good ole days!

As for best actor, I'll go with Patrick Stewart, though Brent Spiner comes in a very close second. All in all, I think everyone who played main characters were excellent actors, and even many of the secondary characters were wonderful. Like Whoopi Goldberg. To have a name like Whoopi and still be respected actor, you MUST be good!

Edited by wishfire

Overall I'll go with Patrick Stewart.

Although I'd give Michael Dorn special mention because he's Worf first of all but also because he was on CHiPs.  :laugh: I wonder how many other CHiPs alumni would make good Klingons?  :biggrin:

269897[/snapback]

I don't know - what do you think of these Klingons?

Click For Spoiler

Here's my latest ranking of TNG actors

as of 11/04/04

Name Points pts behind

1. Patrick Stewart 54,293 ------

2. Brent Spiner 53,995 298

3. LeVar Burton 53,774 519

4. Michael Dorn 53,699 594

5. Gates McFadden 52,883 1410

6. Wil Wheaton 52,553 1740

7. Diane ??? 51,684 2609

8. Marina Sirtis 23,112 31181

Just about everybody did well except for Liberal Ms.Sirtis. Just recently heard from a member of her boards that she opposes what President Bush really fought for as leader of our great nation. I'm still very disappointed in Marina. Hence a low ranking :rolleyes:

as of 11/04/04

Name                                  Points                pts behind

1. Patrick Stewart              54,293                  ------

2. Brent Spiner                  53,995                  298

3. LeVar Burton                  53,774                    519

4. Michael Dorn                  53,699                    594

5. Gates McFadden            52,883                  1410

6. Wil Wheaton                  52,553                  1740

7. Diane ???                      51,684                  2609

8. Marina Sirtis                  23,112                  31181

Just about everybody did well except for Liberal Ms.Sirtis. Just recently heard from a member of her boards that she opposes what President Bush really fought for as leader of our great nation.  I'm still very disappointed in Marina. Hence a low ranking  :rolleyes:

277912[/snapback]

If you ranking was based on talent only her political view shouldn't matter. If you are going to hold her political views against her you should hold it against everyone one the list. Patrick Stewart is liberal and I notice you didn't hold that against him.

dewit schults (not shure of the spelling) -barkly

143777[/snapback]

It is Dwight Schultz. I have to agree. I loved him in the A-Team and I think he was a great guest on TNG from time to time. I also liked him in Voyager.

Edited by Data

If I had to choose a TNG actor, I would have to say Brent Spiner is the better actor. Patrick Stewart ties with him for first place. :rolleyes:

as of 11/04/04

1. Patrick Stewart               54,293                  ------

2. Brent Spiner                   53,995                   298

5. Gates McFadden             52,883                   1410

6. Wil Wheaton                   52,553                   1740

7. Diane ???                       51,684                   2609

8. Marina Sirtis                   23,112                  31181

Just about everybody did well except for Liberal Ms.Sirtis. Just recently heard from a member of her boards that she opposes what President Bush really fought for as leader of our great nation.  I'm still very disappointed in Marina. Hence a low ranking  :)

277912[/snapback]

If you ranking was based on talent only her political view shouldn't matter. If you are going to hold her political views against her you should hold it against everyone one the list. Patrick Stewart is liberal and I notice you didn't hold that against him.

278011[/snapback]

I agree with Odie. Who cares what Marina Sirtis' political views are if we are supposedly rating her as an actor?

Isn't she British? I don't even think she is a U.S. citizen. I imagine there are people all over the world who disagree with President Bush ... I don't happen to be one of those people, but I try to respect everyone's opinion. (Except maybe Michael Moore's :) ... someone needs to take that guy to the woodshed and open up a can of whoop butt!)

as of 11/04/04

1. Patrick Stewart               54,293                  ------

2. Brent Spiner                   53,995                   298

5. Gates McFadden             52,883                   1410

6. Wil Wheaton                   52,553                   1740

7. Diane ???                       51,684                   2609

8. Marina Sirtis                   23,112                  31181

Just about everybody did well except for Liberal Ms.Sirtis. Just recently heard from a member of her boards that she opposes what President Bush really fought for as leader of our great nation.  I'm still very disappointed in Marina. Hence a low ranking  :dude:

277912[/snapback]

I saw pictures of Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis attending the Environmental Media Awards. I don't know if that is an indication as to his politics or not. I couldn't find anything else.

278011[/snapback]

I agree with Odie. Who cares what Marina Sirtis' political views are if we are supposedly rating her as an actor?

Isn't she British? I don't even think she is a U.S. citizen.

289482[/snapback]

Actually she took out American citizenship a few years ago. There are pictures at her website from when she got it.

Odie is certainly correct about Patrick Stewart. His father was involved in the trade union movement in Britain.

LaVar Burton spent part of this past summer riding a bus the Democrats had going from city to town to city to encourage minority voters to vote.

Wil Wheaton has made no secret of his political beliefs at his website and they ain't right wing.

I'm surprised Gates McFadden made the list at all - doesn't she live in France now. lol

The others on the list I couldn't find any information on political views in web searches.

Now to get this back on topic, I watched The Offspring on Space Channel today and it is further reinforcement to my vote for Brent Spiner (as if that would ever change).

hhmm... i'd say Brent Spiner because he gave so much character to Data but I also think Captain Picard was good too so it will have to be...

Brent and Patrick B) :P :( :o