Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

U.s.s. Challenger

These are the voyages of the Starship Challenger, it's continuing mission, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and to defend the Federation from outside dangers. And to Boldly go where no one has gone before.

Ship Name: USS CHALLENGER

Class: Defiant

Registry: NCC - 103178

Ship Specification:

4 forward Pulse Phasers

2 aft Pulse Phasers

2 forward Torpedo tubes

2 aft torpedo tubes

two dorsal type X phasers inboard of nacelles and outboard of Deck 1 Superstructure

Shields capable of taking 12 Type X phaser hits

Hull armor capable of taking 2 Type X phaser hits before buckling

Maximum Warp 9.975

Maximum Impulse. .27c

capable of a 180 degree turn in 2 lenths

capable of 360 degree roll in 2.2 seconds

Current Assignment: Space Dock

Under Direction of Admiral Dillard, Starfleet Command

Crew Manifest:

Captain: Jim Phaserman

First Officer: Commander K`tal

Second Officer:

Chief Engineer:

Chief Medical Officer:

Science Officer/Cronologist: Lt. Daniel Balton

Chief of Security/Tactical: Lt. Commander K'hetara

Helmsman: Aelim Toral

Operations: Jason Edward Kylen

Tactical Officer: Ens. Shri Keban

Cook: NCO Nor Driv

Auxiillary crew members still to be assigned.

*Admiral Dillard, Starfleet Command*

*via coded communication to Captain Phaserman*

"Captain Phaserman,

I understand that the Challenger has not had to opportunity to complete it's shakedown cruise and that you currently do not have a full crew compliment, but you are the only ship within range to deal with this problem.

Earlier today we picked up a distress call from Starbase 210. Much of message was lost, but we were able to retrieve part of the message which I believe you should see before I continue.

*Starbase 210 Distress call*

Starfleet Command, this is Starbase 210, requesting immediate assistance. We are under .............(static).............. borg...............(static)....................Please help us

*End of Distress Call*

So as you can see Jim it appears that the station is under attack by the Borg. We have been unable to contact them since the distress call was recieved.

You are to take the Challenger to starbase 210 and investigate. After you have assessed the situation you are to transmit your findings to starfleet before making any engagements.

Good Luck Jim, Starfleet Out"

Aye Admiral.

All hands, Departure stations. looks like we have a date with some borg. I want a full weapons check. all phasers should be operating at maximum, and I want torpedo tubes on stand by. Let's get underway as soon as possible. the longer we wait, the more people those Cybernetic Nitwits assimilate.

"Aye Sir!"

Aelim looked wildly around at his console. He took a deep breath, and then slowly punched in commands at the Conn, concentrating to make sure he didn't make a mistake. This was it.

The Cardassian looked back to the Captain.

"Our heading is set and we're ready to jump to maximum warp at your orders Sir" He relayed back to the Cpatain earnestly.

Red Alert is saved for when Contact is made. Psychological studies show that when Red Alert is sounded, adrenelin production increases, and the longer you are at battlestations with no action, the lower the levels go. so, I figure I wait till we make contact, then the adrenal glands are pumping full blast for the battle.

OFF: We'll see about that.

I've been thinking about how to make your challenge here, and will soon come up with it. And if anyone's wonders who I play in the first mission; I'm the Borg Queen! :borgqueen:

:naughty:

Edited by 3 of 7

Lieutenant Commander Zachary Yeung reporting as Chief Medical Officer.....

BTW I was liberated from the Borg collective...

I need an assisstant please...

Chief Medical officer's launch medical report:

all bio beds are ready

sickbay at 100% capacity

Medical Teams Alpha and Beta standing by....

Review of crew medical records are complete...

emergency medical supplies are ready on all decks....

treatments for assimilation are ready....

full medical stock...

Medical team is ready in engineering

We are ready for battle.

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

Lieutenant Commander -Harry Kim- reporting for duty as ordered, sir.

Engineering needs a few more people. If anything goes wrong right now, we will have a warp core breach, and we would all die.

Edited by -Harry Kim-

Thanks for the extra people. Engineering reports ready. Thrusters online. Bringing the warp core online. We can go whenever we want, captain... Acknolage, Captain...First officer, please acknolage!!! Computer, locate Captain Phaserman and first officer K'tal.

"They are not onboard the U.S.S. Challenger."

*Hails Admiral Dillard*

Sir, this is HarryKim, Chief Engineer of the U.S.S. Challenger. The Captain and first officer are missing!!!

Thanks for the extra people.  Engineering reports ready.  Thrusters online. Bringing the warp core online.  We can go whenever we want, captain... Acknolage, Captain...First officer, please acknolage!!! Computer, locate Captain Phaserman and first officer K'tal.

"They are not onboard the U.S.S. Challenger."

*Hails Admiral Dillard*

Sir, this is HarryKim, Chief Engineer of the U.S.S. Challenger. The Captain and first officer are missing!!!

*Admiral Dillard, Starfleet Command*

Your first officer has not joined your crew as of yet, as for the Captain I recommend that you assign a security detail to search for him, but in the mean time I am placing you in temporary command of the Challenger. You must overcome these obstacles and complete your mission.

Aye sir. You wish for us to still engage the borg as scheduled? Ok.

-----End Transmission-----

We've got some borg butt to kick. We are nearing the coordinates. Transmit our findings to Starfleet. On screen. The borg are still there??? Red Alert! Shields up! Fire phasers!!! If we have a chance at winning, we must... *BOOM*

Edited by -Harry Kim-

You are to take the Challenger to starbase 210 and investigate.  After you have assessed the situation you are to transmit your findings to starfleet before making any engagements.

OFF: I thought you should investigate first, but...

ON: < Borg Queen>

Cube BX-9331129 had partially assimilated the base. They had managed to knock out the base's weapons and communication systems, but in the process the Cube had been about 35% damaged. There was still some people left on the base that resisted the Borg.

"UNIDENTIFIED VESSEL ARE APPROCHING THE SECTOR. INITIATING SCAN. SCAN COMPLETE. VESSEL IDENTIFIED AS USS CHALLENGER, DEFIANT CLASS."

"So, the base managed to send out a distress call. Assimilate the vessel." Replied the Borg Queen.

"WE ARE THE BORG. LOWER YOUR SHIELDS, AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIP. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE OURS. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." Did the Borg then said to Challenger, and at the same time Challenger opened fire.

The Cube fired back with it's disruptors.

Edited by 3 of 7

"Ok, we surrender, beam over when you are ready."

-----Comm link closed-----

"You know what to do..."

As the cube lowers its sheilds to beam over, the U.S.S. Challenger immediately raises sheilds and fires!!!

Chief Medical Officer to temp captain....

All medical personnel are on standby...

I can hear the collective...

They have no idea of you plot...

go on as planned....

All I can say is prepare for a remodulation of shield frquency and nutation every 2 seconds...

They will adapt to our shields and beam.....

CMO out

"UNIDENTIFIED VESSEL ARE APPROCHING THE SECTOR. INITIATING SCAN. SCAN COMPLETE. VESSEL IDENTIFIED AS USS CHALLENGER, DEFIANT CLASS."

OFF: Who said it was Defiant class???

Edited by -Harry Kim-

Borg use the term grid not sector...

Don't mess with us.... (the borg as I am the borg....)

OFF: Who said it was Defiant class???

OFF: That was said in the thread NEW RPG. Ddillard there said that the Challenger was Defiant class.

PS.: I've sometimes have heard that the Borg use the term sector, but I'll change.

PPS.: The Borg are not stupid, -Harry Kim- .

<_<

Edited by 3 of 7

CMO to the bridge, I will take over the position of first officer at this moment until he returns...

<Borg Queen>

The Cube regenerated from the damage that the Challenger gave it. And then the Cube locked it's tractor beam on the ship.

The Borg Queen also does noticed that the Borg does now have control over the starbase's weapons, but they do as yet not have fully control over the base since there still are starfleet personnel there working against the Borg.

CMO: Computer, activate the EMH.

*goes to turbolift*

"Computer, bridge"

*goes to operations console*

" Lieutenant Khetara, please magnify the right side of the viewscreen please...."

"Kylen reroute all file pathways to EMH program and lock out the main computer, use fractal encryption code and further encrypt the EMH program"

"That pathway loop will double encrypt the computer"

"CMO to Engineering lock down warp core with force fields and containment fields"

" Kylen reroute all power to life support, tactical, and impulse engines...."

"tactical, please send back an antimatter surge in the tractor beam and fire a full spread of photon torpedoes and full phaser bursts..."

" Send a distress call to all federation ships within range and inform starfleet command of the current situation"

CMO: CMO to engineering, warp field must be as small as possible around this ship only...

Tactical, engage a tractor beam on the cube, reroute power all available to the deflector dish....

Mr. Toral, please to maximum warp

ENGAGE!!!!!

*Borg ship disentegrates*

<Borg Queen>

Borg Queen looked with anger at the viewscreen then Challenger destroyed the Cube. She was at the starbase looking over how the progress of assimilating the base went.

She walked around and thought about the situation. Not only is there still people on the base that resists the Borg, but also has an enemy ship managed to destroy one of the Collective's Cubes.

"USS CHALLENGER IS APPROACHING THE STARBASE. AWAITING NEW DIRECTIVE."

"Destroy them!" Did Borg Queen replied.

"CONFIRMED."

Then the Borg powered up the weapons on the base and starting firing.

Captain Phaserman crawls out of the Jeffries tube onto the bridge just in time to realise that they were being fired upon by the borg.

"Helm, Evasive pattern Phaserman Epsilon!"

the Challenger begins a series of wildly complex evasive meneuvers, normally used for shows to exhibit the Defiant Class' meneueverability.

Jim looks at his acting first officer. "Starfleet protocals dictate CALLING the Captain before reporting him MIA to his senior officers. now, let's kick some behind."

His senior staff, including everyone he forgot to acknowledge since his job has been keeping him busy in real life, acknowledges.

"Alright, then. Tactical, simple orders: Make that big ugly thing blow up!"

as the Challenger executes it's meneuvers, phasers and torpedoes hammer the Borg vessel, seemingly fired from impossible angles.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman