Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

If You Found A Money Packed Wallet?

I would probably return it with all the money, depending actually on the amount, if it have like a toonie and was tossed about I'd take the toonie and toss away the wallet.

i would look for a drivers ID and return it to the person on there. if there was none i would take it to the RCMP.ALL MONEY INSIDE

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

well i had an enevlope delivered to me without a way to trace it back to me with 1500.00 in it and i spent a day tracking down the owner of the cash. so i guess i would return it as well.

Return it with all money inside, reward or not. It's what I'd want them to do if the situations were reversed. If there were no forms of identification inside, I'd probably leave it with the PD or the owner of the nearest establishment (in case the owner came back to that area to look). I probably wouldn't even keep a $20 bill if I found it in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart ( <--- has happened).

^

^

^ SOUNDS KIND OF HARD TO BELIEVE

Why?? From what I've seen of cptwright on the board I would believe him to be a very honest man.

^

^

now why is that so hard to beleive. i do have the letter of apprecation that they sent to my employer, and the letter that i received from my employer commondating me for my actions. its just a common decency thing to do. i know ive lost money, and had it stolen and that is such a crapful feeling, so i try to be accomodating to that notion. just hoping that someday someone would do the same for me. i know its hard in todays world to not be so cynical but occasionaly people do still do good things.

^

^

Why?? From what I've seen of cptwright on the board I would believe him to be a very honest man.

THANKS RC I APPRECIATE THAT. :laugh:

SORRY, CPTWRIGHT, I DON'T KNOW YOU AND HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN TIL 10 MINUTES AGO. I'VE HAD MONEY AND PROPERTY STOLEN FROM ME BY PEOPLE I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST WITH MY LIFE, I WAS WRONG. JUST AS NOW I COULD BE AND PROBABLY AM WRONG ABOUT WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOUR RESPONSE. PLEASE ACCEPT MY MOST HUMBLE APOLOGY KIND SIR. I SHALL PROCEDE TO THE BASEMENT AND FLOG MYSELF FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE EVENING AS PUNISHMENT FOR MY RASH JUDGEMNT OF YOU. O.K.? K EVERYBODY ELSE?

Stardate:214161.9

Honestly if it were someone i reconized i would return it with all the money inside.If not id take the money and throw the wallet away.I imagine someone will ask "Well how would you like it if it happened to you?" well this will sound mean but its the persons fault for not keeping better track of thier wallet the way i see it.Finders keepers.

:braces self for barrage of comments:

3 months ago i lost my wallet in there was my driverslicense, ID-card and a lot money(500 euro,s) :laugh: last week i got my wallet returnd with everyting in it, only(of course) the money was gone. :wow:

so if i would finnd a wallet i would return it, but i would kepp the money :lol:

..............................................................................................

enalsikooitdegenevindtdiemijngeldheeftsnijikdetongafzodathijofzijnooitmeerkanbeffen!

SORRY, CPTWRIGHT, I DON'T KNOW YOU AND HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN TIL 10 MINUTES AGO.  I'VE HAD MONEY AND PROPERTY STOLEN FROM ME BY PEOPLE I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST WITH MY LIFE, I WAS WRONG.  JUST AS NOW I COULD BE AND PROBABLY AM WRONG ABOUT WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOUR RESPONSE.  PLEASE ACCEPT MY MOST HUMBLE APOLOGY KIND SIR.  I SHALL PROCEDE TO THE BASEMENT AND FLOG MYSELF FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE EVENING AS PUNISHMENT FOR MY RASH JUDGEMNT OF YOU.  O.K.?  K EVERYBODY ELSE?

:naughty: not a problem, just remember not everyones a horses butt. its all good. :laugh:

I have found two wallets full of cash. One I turned in to the lost and found near the facility where I found it. The other, I knew the individual that it belonged to. So I gave it back to her.

Return it with the money but steal their health card and social insurance card and sell them on the black market. Just kidding... I would return everything in the wallet in FULL... no finders keepers for me.

I would keep all the money and the wallet, if it was a nice wallet. If it wasn't I'd keep the money and sell the wallet. I would have no qualms whatsoever at doing this.

:devil:

Edited by Sasooni

I would check the walllet for ID so i could give it back, with the money intact.. all of it... but if there was no ID or anything and it was just money and lying on the street or something i probably wood take the money

The money belongs to the owner of the wallet. When you keep it you are keeping something that belongs to someone else.

I had a wallet stolen from me some time ago, and eventually got it back with only the money missing. I considered that robbery and it was reported to the police. By the time I got it back I had already changed all my id and credit cards. So the theft was also incovenient.

I recently found a loaded wallet in a women's restroom at a convention. I turned it in to the convention organizers who had a chance of locating the individual with all its contents.

I don't consider someone else's error, misfortune, or mistake to be my golden opportunity if I can respond in such a way as to correct the situation, and prevent the other person's continued misfortune.

If I see someone drop money unawares, I tell them. I don't wait for them to turn around and then pick it up for myself. Clumsy does not mean "worthy of being cheated or robbed." I had an embarrassing situation in a line at an airport when I dropped my wallet trying to pull out a credit car. The change purse section burst open. I was gratified by the assistance I recieved collecting most of the change--and the fact that most people did not see it as an opportunity to take advatage of me.

Hmmm idont know guess it depends on how much money it was,but

if it was someones wallet i guess i would hand it in,but if it was a bag

of cash say from a bank then i will send you a postcard from jamica :grin:

Also don't consider the person who returned your wallet the person who took your money. Someone else could've gotten to it first took the money and tossed it away.