Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

My third video for 2004

:) :) :)

Cowboys, Bon Jovi and Star Trek *swoon* Excuse me while I melt.

I LOVE this VBG!!! Love, love, love, love, love!!!! :)

:)  :)  :)

Cowboys, Bon Jovi and Star Trek *swoon* Excuse me while I melt.

I LOVE this VBG!!! Love, love, love, love, love!!!! :)

That was GREAT :laugh:

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun making that one. I love the way the TOS bad guys are marching forward to the beat of the music.

Very nice, VBG. I've always loved that scene from Spectre of the Gun.

Very nice, VBG.  I've always loved that scene from Spectre of the Gun.

Thanks, it took me about a week to get that episode of TOS (I never did get the whole thing but I got enough to make the video.) I knew there were shots in Spectre if the Gun that would be perfect for this song, then I knew A Fistful of Data's had to be in it too and North Star had some perfect shots in it too.

I was watching the video again and realized something I hadn't perviously. The only people using their firearms are the bad guys. In every case our good guys don't fire a shot.

I was watching the video again and realized something I hadn't perviously. The only people using their firearms are the bad guys. In every case our good guys don't fire a shot.

I hadn't noticed that, but that's awesome. :)

I hadn't noticed that, but that's awesome. :)

Yeah, that worked out nicely I think with the theme of the video. It always shows the bad guys as the ones shooting without provocation and the good guys defending the innocent.

I'm real happy with this video.

I love that video, VBG. It's so great! I've always liked those "Wild Wild West" episodes. :)

VBG you keep creating new best ever videos! You're also giving me new appreciation for BonJovi.  :)

LOL I have used a couple of his songs this year haven't I? It's all a matter of what inspires me though. If I hear it and there's a Star Trek theme in there I'll find it lol.

Once again you out did yourself excelent. :lol: :)

This one rocks...i didn't care much for the Mag. 7..the video footage was great..i just couldn't get-into the music..just a matter of taste i guess..but this one really rocks.

Music doesn't fit with the videoclip. When I hear the music I don't think of Star Trek. There is no chemistry in the clip. Keep Practising.

Music doesn't fit with the videoclip. When I hear the music I don't think of Star Trek. There is no chemistry in the clip. Keep Practising.

305472[/snapback]

Obviously I disagree since I made it but that's ok. Basically the music itself inspired those images in my mind.

You just have to shut off your knowledge of the episodes and let the music tell you a story. Don't watch the video and expect the music to match the original story of the actual episodes. The video clips were selected to help tell the story of the music, just from a Star Trek frame of mind.

305472[/snapback]

Obviously I disagree since I made it but that's ok. Basically the music itself inspired those images in my mind.

You just have to shut off your knowledge of the episodes and let the music tell you a story. Don't watch the video and expect the music to match the original story of the actual episodes. The video clips were selected to help tell the story of the music, just from a Star Trek frame of mind.

305946[/snapback]

Well, the TOS and ENT episode i've never seen. The beginning is good I think with the thunder and the four men walking. What I mean with chemistry, is that you change from series. One way, very cool. other way, how it happens is not very good. The music fit's the subject, but the video not always fit the music. But.. If you want to, I'll add your video on my website with your credits. And correct me if I'm wrong, you're one of the owners of this website, I'll also place a Link to this website.

let me know.

Well, the TOS and ENT episode i've never seen. The beginning is good I think with the thunder and the four men walking. What I mean with chemistry, is that you change from series. One way, very cool. other way, how it happens is not very good. The music fit's the subject, but the video not always fit the music. But.. If you want to, I'll add your video on my website with your credits. And correct me if I'm wrong, you're one of the owners of this website, I'll also place a Link to this website.

let me know.

305966[/snapback]

Yes, I'm the owner of the site. You can feel free to place links to any of the videos if you'd like to.

In that particular video, near the middle I ran out of good Star Trek cowboy footage so I left a large segment of "A Fistfull of Datas" there. Mainly because I liked the way the timing fell into place in several spots.

There were a few spots there where the music and the video weren't really matching in terms of the words telling the story of what's happening on screen but I liked the overall flow anyway.

I also like to take songs that are completely unrelated to Star Trek and try to connect them in some way. To me, that song just sparked all of those images in my mind when I listened to it back when I made it.

I also like to take songs that are completely unrelated to Star Trek and try to connect them in some way. To me, that song just sparked all of those images in my mind when I listened to it back when I made it.

I don't know any related star trek songs. I think the music of Enya is good music for "Slow trek". For "fast trek" more songs are approtiate. It's difficult to find one, sometimes you do need luck.