Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

The United Federation Of Planets

The U.F.P is apparently made up of one hundred and fifty alien races... can anyone list them all? I certainly can't. I was thinking about major races like Bajorans and Klingons but I realised their independant. These are only ones I can think off... can someone give me the full list?

1. Humans

2. Vulcans

3. Trill

4. Andorians

5. Bolians

6. Saurians

7. Betazoids

8. Tiburons

Edited by Lt. Evans

I can't give you any names but there are always the scenes from ST4 where you can see alot of different races.

Also, I wonder if a planet can secede from the Federation and how they would go about doing it.

I don't think anyone's ever tried. Let's be honest, if you're not a self sufficient union of planets or an empire then you kind of need some ot look after you... so you ally yourself with one of the major players.

Federation

Romulan star empire

Cardassian union

Dominion alliance

Borg collective

Klingon empire

At first the federation tried to get Bajor to join them, but as you may remember Sisko told them not to join the federation, because of what the Prophets told him. This later proved to be a wise move because if Bajor had been part of the federation it would have been attacked by the Cardassians, but since it was independant the Dominion offered them a truce, and took them under there protection. The federation wasn't going to attack Bajor, so Bajor was safe and stayed out of the war.

Edited by Lt. Evans

I have a question. Does the 150 planet count for the UFP include each planet's colonies or just the home worlds and species? If so the UFP could be larger than 150 planet count.

I don't think anyone's ever tried. Let's be honest, if you're not a self sufficient union of planets or an empire then you kind of need some ot look after you... so you ally yourself with one of the major players.

I think the closest we have seen to a succession is the Maquiis, and they didn't last long. The only way a succession could work is if you got a whole mess of planets in the same area to succeed at once.

There are alot but you have to stick with the major players:

1.)Roumans

2.)Klingon

3.)Federation

4.)Cardassian

5.)Borg

and of course the dominion

Federation

Romulan star empire

Cardassian union

Dominion alliance

Borg collective

Klingon empire

161069[/snapback]

There's also:

The Gorns

The Tholians

The First Federation

-all from ST:TOS and all having formidable space capabilities.