Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

The Ferengi And War

"Rule of acquisition number #34: War is good for business."

Does anybody know if the Ferengi have ever been at war with another race? Nobody particularly likes them... but have they ever fought the Klingons, Romulans, Dominion, Cardassians or Federation in an all out full fledged war?

:laugh:

Edited by Lt. Evans

There was the Battle of Maxia. But I don't know about a full fledged war.

I don't think the Ferengi have the balls to fight a war. in the TNG Episode where the Enterprise was to fight the Stargazer (The name escapes me), the Ferengi had no problem engaging one Federation starship, but seem to think that, dispite the fact that they carry powerful weapons, they can't go 2 on 1, Whereas Federation ships could go 2 on 1 and most captains would enjoy the challenge, I am sure. so the Ferengi may go to war, but only if the profit is TREMENDOUS

EJP.

With the Ferengi, War is not about balls, it is about Latinum. If they were to incite a war, it would be over trade route blockades (or something of the sort). They are a race who value Material Possessions over all other.

The Ferengi were designed to be a super threat for TNG, however the writers decided to create the Borg. The Ferengi were then developed further in DS9, but were developed as more a trade/profit species.

While I believe Ferengi weaponry to be more ruthless than that of the Federation (because they would have no problem using what the Federation considers "banned" weapons) I don’t think that they would attack a target, unless the profit were substantial enough.

Rule Of Acquisition 41: Profit Is It's Own Reward.

I think the Ferengi would find no profit in war. Sure they could conquer a rich species, but that would be a waste of resources. I'd say the Ferengi stay neutral in any conflict (they didn't get involved in the Dominion War on a large scale)

I think they don't take sides but supply both, more profit that way.