removed

Classical Music

Do you like classical music  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like classical music

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I love it!!! And by classical I am including everything from Vivaldi to John Williams.

Right now I am even listening to Pachelbel's "Canon". Good stuff.

The reason I bring this up is that I was going to buy a bunch of classical CD's but I found a lot in my house, so I am listening to them non-stop. I listen to orchestral music a lot but it has usually been movie scores. A really good one is the "Last Samurai" score. Yum. And now I have found this and it is exquisite.

So what about everyone else? Do you like classical and orchestral music?

I voted for "sometimes". I'm not much into that kind of music, but when it comes to things like the Star Trek or X Men soundtracks, I'm very much willing to buy and listen to classical music. <_<

Mrs. Captain Picard

I LOVE CLASSICAL MUSIC

it is intergrated into a lot of oure startrek movies

Guest Ktrek

I love classical music. I have a collection of about 500 classical CDs. I'm not a big fan of modern classical but I do like some. My favorite composers are Beethoven, Mozart, Dvorak, Sebelius, Mahler, and Grieg. I enjoy listening to most classical music though. I especially like looking out for obscure composers from the "Romantic" period or "Classical" period. Mostly because I have heard all the famous works so many times it's nice to hear little known composers.

Ktrek

I wont be buying any classical cd's, and I've never chosen to have it on my radio, but if it's in something else, such as a movie, I like it. It can be pretty interesting and soothing to listen to. <_< My vote is "sometimes".

Mozart's concerto in C for flute and harp is one of my favorites. In general I prefer classical music to all else. Although I have found some New Age that I like, James Galway is great.

At work I usually listen to classic rock.

Mozart's concerto in C for flute and harp is one of my favorites.  In general I prefer classical music to all else.  Although I have found some New Age that I like, James Galway is great. 

At work I usually listen to classic rock.

"Classic rock". <_<

My favorite piece of music of all-time is Holst's "Mars, the Bringer of War". While I enjoy classical, "Mars" was the only piece that speaks to me.

My favorite classicals are Star Trek themes [a good cd is Symphonic Star Trek by Cincinnati Pops Orchestra] also classical movie themes.Free Enterprise

Edited by livlonganprospe

I've always loved classical music. I love Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor along with his other works, all of Tchaikovsky's works, Mozart and Engelbert Humperdinck. And some of Wagner's works also.

My favorite classicals are Star Trek themes [a good cd is Symphonic Star Trek by Cincinnati Pops Orchestra] also classical movie themes.Free Enterprise

That is an awesome CD. My brother gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago. He was in college at the time, and he said almost every room on his hall had it. They all coordinated one day, put their speakers in the doorways, and synchronized it all down the hall. Twenty different rooms playing Star Trek at full volume - Wow...

I voted "sometimes" because I only like some classical music. I've been a flautist for almost twenty years, so I enjoy flute music. Do any of you remember the CD "Classical Thunder" that they advertised on tv a few years ago? That's my kind of classical. "Ride of the Valkyries," "William Tell Overture," "In the Hall of the Mountain King," etc. (I LOVE Grieg's "Piano Concerto.") I HAD to buy that CD. When I write, it's what I listen to.

Guest Ktrek

I have been impressed with how many fans like Classical music. I personally think that people who do not like Classical either do not undertand it or have never really given it a fair shot. There are so many different aspects of Classical to consider, such as time periods, composers, conductors, performance, etc. that I think the average person does not, or will not "invest" the necessary time to understand the music or appreciate it. Classical composers have had some of the most pure minds ever in the human race and they have chosen to express their thoughts and feelings through the medium of sound. I feel sorry for those who will not at least give it a try and be a little more "objective" about what they like or dislike. I have at least tried to listen to most modern music and know most modern musicians and bands but I find most younger persons will not do the same but just write off Classical music like it belongs to old fogeys. Well, Classical music belongs to us all and without it we would not even have had the Beatles or any of your modern day boy bands!

Ktrek

I personally think that people who do not like Classical either do not undertand it or have never really given it a fair shot.Ktrek

Not always. For me I've just listened to it waaaaaay to much. I just got sick of it.

I could never get sick of it. There is so much out there and such a variety that one is always listening to something new. I love it.

Guest Ktrek
I could never get sick of it. There is so much out there and such a variety that one is always listening to something new. I love it.

I agree! There is just so much variety in classical music I do not understand how anyone could get tired of it. For instance...

there are time periods i.e Classical, Baroque, Romantic, neo-romantic, modern etc. Then there are different conductors who bring their own interpretation to the music even though the same piece may be played. Then there are the orchestras who each have their own different sound and style. Different solo artists who each have their own unique style and sound. Then there are the different genre's such as chamber, orchestral, solo etc.....

The list can go on. I think that most people have never really taken it seriously and try to "understand" what Classical music is "really" about. It is about the celebration of the human spirit. No matter what race, faith, sex, or political background you may be from, Classical music is the one form of music where everything that divides humanity breaks down and where there can only be one objective...perfect harmony! Each individual contributing his unique role and function to the whole so that what comes forth is nothing but pure beauty!!!

Ktrek

The list can go on. I think that most people have never really taken it seriously and try to "understand" what Classical music is "really" about. It is about the celebration of the human spirit. No matter what race, faith, sex, or political background you may be from, Classical music is the one form of music where everything that divides humanity breaks down and where there can only be one objective...perfect harmony! Each individual contributing his unique role and function to the whole so that what comes forth is nothing but pure beauty!!!

Wow. That is the perfect definiton of classical music! Very profound. Maybe that will change your mind, RC. Lol. :flowers:

:flowers: Sorry. I really have nothing against classical music, I just don't enjoy listening to it personally.

Yes I like it (well some of it) but like anything (except Trek) too much of it may cause it to become tiring. I listen to it occasionally just as I do all my favorite music genres in rotation. Classical imo, is good Monday music.

tHE BEST CLASSIC ARTIST FOR ME IS

TOM JONES[/size]

:quark:

I love most of it. There are a few French pieces that get on my nerves, though. Too many harpsichords!

MOST CLASSICAL MUSIC WAS WRITTEN BEFORE TELEVISON OR RADIO WAS INVENTED . PEOPLE HAD TO RELY ON THEMSELVES FOR THEIR ENTERTAINMENT OR EACH OTHER. NO MTV. NO MOVIES, MAN THAT HAD TO SUCK, HUH? SO THE OPERA WAS VERY IMPORTANT. ONLY REAL ENTERTAINMENT THEY HAD. BESIDES THE MUDPIT OR KILLING EACH OTHER. I THINK IT'S WONDERFUL, PLAY IT ALL THE TIME. IT'S PURE, RICH, WISH I COULD EAT IT, OR TAKE A BATH IN IT.

:laugh: