Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Personalized Banners

VBG is the only one who can add them and he just recently suffered a death in the family. They'll all be up soon.

- - - - -

:laugh:

Heron

Does anyone know how often they're updated? I still haven't seen mine in the rotation.

286797[/snapback]

I haven't seen mine either.... :(

:assimilated:

287061[/snapback]

I think I saw yours :)

VBG...could you take mine down please? Cause I might be getting a new one from the loverly RC :waaaa:

287154[/snapback]

Here's your new banner hun, hope you like. :waaaa:

160566.jpg

Do all banners have to feature images from a Star Trek show or movie?

Or do they just need to have the name of this site in them?

If so, does the site name have to be in the same font as the other banners.

Because I've made my own personalised banner. It looks absolutely nothing like the others. It does have the name of the site in it, but no images from Trek.

:)

Do all banners have to feature images from a Star Trek show or movie?

Or do they just need to have the name of this site in them?

If so, does the site name have to be in the same font as the other banners.

Because I've made my own personalised banner. It looks absolutely nothing like the others. It does have the name of the site in it, but no images from Trek.

:)

288984[/snapback]

Here are the requirements for the banners. VBG has supplied a blank form (starfield background and STF name). The site name is mandatory and must be in the font provided. You can resize the STF layer if necessary (not too much though). Trek pics don't necessarily have to be included. You may have noticed quite a few banners that have a mix of Trek and other favourites of that particular member.

Spacetigger asked me to make a new banner for him in my Hailing Frequencies thread featuring Kira Nerys so here it is:

spacetigger.jpg

I'm sure you can figure out which image he liked best. LOL

I don't think I posted the new one I did for myself. Here it is:

TakaraSoong.jpg

I just redid my banner. Not that image-y, but I'm proud of it :)

ineedatitleforthiscopy.jpg

I just realised I didn't put in the starfield. Is it mandatory, or just a guideline?

Edited by ragingtarg

Hey, those are great banners, everyone; very individualized!! :)

Takara, you are so sweet to help so many with them:)

HRH, your's is a hoot!! lol Very well done !

I have an idea for a new one. One of these days , when I get some more time, I will do it as intended; until then, what I have will suffice :)

Riker Chick....how do you put up those personalized cursive sigs?

Very creative! :)

Heron

Edited by Heron

Hey, those are great banners, everyone; very individualized!! :)

Takara, you are so sweet to help so many with them:)

HRH, your's is a hoot!! lol Very well done !

I have an idea for a new one. One of these days , when I get some more time, I will do it as intended; until then, what I have will suffice :)

Very creative!  :) 

Heron

289376[/snapback]

:blush 2: aaaww shucks! Thanks Heron. This may sound sappy but I feel so lucky to be part of such a great community that it is a pleasure to give back by helping our members and, truth be told, I love working in Photoshop too.

I can answer your question to RC as well. Both RC and I have a very extensive collection of fonts that we have found from searching the net. I'm not sure how many RC has but I have 392 different fonts on my computer ( :) I didn't realize I had that many until now) ranging from the standard fonts found on computers to holiday fonts and, of course, Star Trek fonts (I've used a number of the Trek fonts on the alien series of banners I've done. They are in my thread in the Fan Art Gallery).

:blush 2: aaaww shucks! Thanks Heron. This may sound sappy but I feel so lucky to be part of such a great community that it is a pleasure to give back by helping our members and, truth be told, I love working in Photoshop too.

I can answer your question to RC as well. Both RC and I have a very extensive collection of fonts that we have found from searching the net. I'm not sure how many RC has but I have 392 different fonts on my computer ( :)  I didn't realize I had that many until now) ranging from the standard fonts found on computers to holiday fonts and, of course, Star Trek fonts (I've used a number of the Trek fonts on the alien series of banners I've done. They are in my thread in the Fan Art Gallery).

289408[/snapback]

- - - -- -

Sweet; whatever the motivation :)

Aha! , I will check out the *fan art* gallery, then.

Thanks very much for that! :)

Heron

289376[/snapback]

I can answer your question to RC as well. Both RC and I have a very extensive collection of fonts that we have found from searching the net. I'm not sure how many RC has but I have 392 different fonts on my computer (  I didn't realize I had that many until now) ranging from the standard fonts found on computers to holiday fonts and, of course, Star Trek fonts (I've used a number of the Trek fonts on the alien series of banners I've done. They are in my thread in the Fan Art Gallery).

Actually that's not quite right, it's just a picture I made in Paint Shop Pro. The font isn't typed into my sig it's part of the picture and posted in tags. The font I used is Scrpitina. :dude:

PSP, I have!! :dude: I will look into that one.

Wasn't able to find the fan art gallery in here but I will look when there's a little more time to do so.

I tried to download some fonts through AOL but everytime I tried, it said that the files had been corrupted and they had all sorts of virus warnings. Seems my comp will need a hasmet suit before acquiring anything through one of those programs..lol

Anyway, thanks you two!! :dude: I'll see if I can make my posts a little more visually interesting through one of those avenues in the near future!

Heron

Wasn't able to find the fan art gallery in here but I will look when there's a little more time to do so.

I tried to download some fonts through AOL but everytime I tried, it said that the files had been corrupted and they had all sorts of virus warnings. Seems my comp will need a hasmet suit before acquiring anything through one of those programs..lol

Heron

289933[/snapback]

The fan art gallery is a subforum in Ten Forward. RC and I both have banner threads in there.

Depending on what type of fonts you want, I can suggest a site or two that has some good ones.

For Trek fonts: MJ's Star Trek Portal They are located in the multimedia section. MJ's has every Trek font ever done from what I can tell. You can download them individual or all of them at once.

Simply the Best and Absolutely Fonts have a wide selection of fonts. I know RC is the one who told me about Simply the Best but I can't remember if she also recommended Absolutely Fonts to me or if I found it by searching Google. Both are really good.

You might have to temporarily shut off or override some of the firewall protections you get from AOL to download them. I always scan everything after I download it with Norton Anti-Virus and I haven't had any viruses detected when I've downloaded from the above mentioned sites (not that it couldn't happen of course).

Talking about fonts, how do some people do the glowing font?

289936[/snapback]

There are a few functions that the board has that don't seem to be visible for use anymore but still work. One of them is glow. If you want to make text glow in a post you use the following code:

[glow=blue]type text, insert image, whatever[/glow]

and it will appear like this: type text, insert image, whatever

Here is the new banner for She_Wolf:

she_wolf.jpg

For those who have asked, VBG has said he is going to try to get the new banners into the rotation within the next few days.

Looks fantastic! :dude: :yes:

291490[/snapback]

Thanks. I wonder if Mrs. Picard will be jealous at all when she sees who is kissing She_Wolf though. lol

Everybody's is so great. I gave it a try on mine. It's pretty crude.

STFANS.gif

Edited by Data

Since I don't have photoshop or any photoediting programs, can someone make a banner for me?

Here are some pics...

jeri03.jpg

locutus.jpg

borgqueen.gif

voglerdeni...TERPRISE-EA.JPG

mov08-35.jpg

251019[/snapback]

DSC00024.jpg

Can someone make me a banner please? :hug:

If the above didn't show, here are the urls.

http://www.myportalofhell.de/fiction/treck/seven/jeri03.jpg

http://members.aol.com/marverel2/images/locutus.jpg

http://www.othervoices.org/1.3/skunkle/borgqueen.gif

http://unterhaltung.freepage.de/voglerdeni...TERPRISE-EA.JPG

http://www.startrek.nl/videocaps/mov/mov08-35.jpg

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

Can someone make me a banner please?  :hug:

292441[/snapback]

I'd be happy to make one for you. One of the links didn't work but I'm assuming that was the Enterprise E you had a pic of. I'm sure I have one I can use instead. I'll send you a draft as soon as I can.

Its my first try, I think I did ok, what do you think?

292469[/snapback]

Great job. It looks wonderful.

Can someone make me a banner please?  :hug:

292441[/snapback]

I'd be happy to make one for you. One of the links didn't work but I'm assuming that was the Enterprise E you had a pic of. I'm sure I have one I can use instead. I'll send you a draft as soon as I can.

Its my first try, I think I did ok, what do you think?

292469[/snapback]

Great job. It looks wonderful.

292489[/snapback]

THANK YOU SO MUCH TAKARA!!!! :bow: