Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

A Deep Space Nine inconsistancy.

I was watching a The Nagus, and as you probably have heard, Starfleet antigravs don't work on DS9. But when Jake and Nog are sitting on the promenade, I could clearly see a Starfleet antigrav floating about in the background. ? I guess the producers missed that one, unless I'm mistaken. Has anyone else noticed that?

Edited by Captain Holland

MELORA - Episode #426, Season 2

Bashire explains that the anti-gravs don't work, and that is why she needs the wheel chair.

Cheers!! :laugh:

EDIT: Closed tags

Edited by ddillard

The non-fuctional anti-graves is strange. Did they say why the antigraves didn't work? Which is strange because they have to have gravity generators in order to stay standing on the deck. The station wasn't spinning fast enough for it to create its own gravity well

Yes it was discussed in "Melora" in reference to why an "old fashioned" wheel chair had to be created for her and ramps installed in sections that she would be entering, since Federation Antigrav units were not compatible with Cardassian technology.

Seems really strange that the anti-gravs wouldn't work just because it was a Cardassian station.. I guess they just had to have a reason for her to be in a wheel chair, wouldn't be much of an episode otherwise :laugh:

A possible solution for that inconsistency, Prometheus - suppose it was just part of the role she played? After all, she's not to be trusted; it could be a trick.