Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

How do you cure DS9 Addiction?

During the last few weekends, I have watched a ton of DS9. Last weekend starting on Friday night and going to Monday night, I saw Our Man Bashir to The Ship and last night I saw from looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places to The Ascent. 2 years ago, I would not see any DS9, but now that I have the DVD's and going through the season sets for a second time, I can't get away from it. This is such a great show, but I think I'm addicted. Whats the cure to this addiction. ;)

Edited by gdog243

During the last few weekends, I have watched a ton of DS9.  Last weekend starting on Friday night and going to Monday night, I saw Our Man Bashir to The Ship and last night I saw from looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places to The Ascent.  2 years ago, I would not see any DS9, but now that I have the DVD's and going through the season sets for a second time, I can't get away from it.  This is such a great show, but I think I'm addicted.  Whats the cure to this addiction. ;)

I've been known to watch that many episodes in one day lol There is no way to cure it, just give into it and walk toward the light...

I like doing marathons. In another thread I coined the phrase "Nog-A-Thon" and "Quark-A-Thon". I like watching related episodes back to back to back (to back) at times.

^I know what you mean. I bet you watch the Occupation arc and the Final Chapter in one sitting. I know I will try to watch the Occupation arc in one sitting when I get to it.

No cure is needed..Just go with it..It is a fantastic show..I watch my season sets a lot too..I can't get enough of them..Keep on watching..

:lol: ;) :) ;) :)

I've been trying to get cured from my Trek addiction for years. Even getting married and having babies didn't do it. After further analysis, I finally decided that I didn't really wanna be cured.

Cure my addiction? Why would I want to do that? I'm actually trying to get my 4 year old son a healthy Star Trek DS9 habit going. His desktop is a DS9/wormhole pic and his screensaver is a DS9 character slide show.

DS9 is the best Star Trek show ... I can barely tolerate any of the others anymore.

the only way to cure this addiction is if you are forced away from it and dont get to ever see it again.. then after a month or 2 you will stop humming the theam song and will actually start to not think about it so much.. but if you ever see another ep again you will fall into a relapse.. this is coming from a "recovered" ds9 addict.. *whimpers.. its on right now.. meep! must resist! but now im addicted to tng.. *sneaks over to tc and watches the last half of ds9* so basicly im a hopeless cause.. but thats all the advice i can give you. so take it or leave it.. :wow: noo!! my brother has the remote! now ill never get to watch it.. gah! now im stuck here with you people..

Edited by ensign_ro

If DS9 is an addiction, may I never be cured.

Hopelessly, fatally, eternally addicted...

You're right about that. Like I said, with the DVD's at my disposal, I can actually watch any and all of DS9 whenever I want. That didn't happen two years ago. As for my addiction, I decided to let it play out and see where it goes. Who knows, buy the end of the year, I will be through the series at least 7 times. Hopfully more. :wow:

When I read your post, I thought it was something I had written. I read it out to my flatmate and she said "I would say that you wrote that". Everything that you wrote is exactly what I thought about DS9 when I first started watching it. Now I can't get enough of it!! It is such a great series and I have watched the same amount of episodes as you in one sitting too!!!

Madam Captain out!!

Guest Ktrek

I have learned to balance my DS9 addiction by viewing equal parts TOS, TNG, ENT. It should be more tempered when VOY starts to be released tomorrow on DVD. I also throw in a movie at least once a month. So I guess I don't any longer have a DS9 addiction but I sure am showing signs of a full blown Star Trek addiction! Can anyone help? ;);):bow:

Ktrek

FEED THE ADDICTION!!!

It's the only way. I am up to season four and didn't buy my first DS9 Box set until boxing day this year past. Had some coupons, was gonna buy one or two, then the guy said "Why don't you use the buy three get one free coupon?". I stared blankly for a moment. Then realizing that freed up my other coupons ended up with seven seasons. Gotta have-em. :laugh:

Why would you want to cure your Star Trek addiction?? I would say the only way to cure your DS9 addiction would be to watch more DS9!!! I'm addicted now too, especially to DS9 and Voyager. I would rather be addicted to Star Trek than some other things. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Madam Captain out!!!

Guest Guest
Going into a wall also helps

<_<

Going into a wall also helps?? Please explain, I'm not sure what you mean.

Madam Captain out!!!

there is no cure for a DS9 addiction.....its to good :huh:

but whats funnie is that you either love it or hate it.......and I love it

i watched all of DS9 season 6-7 on DVD with 4 (sometimes 5 or 6) episodes a day.... i was soo adicted... the best cure is motza ball soup and some bedrest lol :wow:

Hi there :garak:

Matzah ball soup??? You wouldn't be Jewish by any chance would you?? I'm not Jewish but I know a few Jewish people. I'm a non practising Catholic but I like Judaism and I have been to a few services at the synagogue. I also attented the Seder dinner here last year and I plan to go again this year (in a few weeks too!!)

Madam Captain out!!

I also love DS9, I think the show never gets enough respect. I like it almost as much as TNG and TOS.

DS9 is just as good as Voyager. Its probably also up there with TOS and TNG, although I haven't seen much of those series yet. I didn't like DS9 when I first started watching it but it grew on me and now I can't get enough!!! I think it would be safe to say that I'm addicted to DS9 because I love it so much.

Madam Captain out!!

I also love DS9, I think the show never gets enough respect. I like it almost as much as TNG and TOS.

DS9 is just as good as Voyager. Its probably also up there with TOS and TNG, although I haven't seen much of those series yet. I didn't like DS9 when I first started watching it but it grew on me and now I can't get enough!!! I think it would be safe to say that I'm addicted to DS9 because I love it so much.

Madam Captain out!!

in order of fav's: 1.DS9,2.TOS and TNG,3.VOY

cant stand ENTERPRISE,dont even think its Star Trek........ :garak: