Sign in to follow this  
t'mir

Where do you live?

Which best describes where you live?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes where you live?

• Major city
    • Small town
    • City
    • Town
    • Suburbs
    • Farm
    • Other?

i live in a town so small, we didnt even get cell phone servce till this year... and thats still iffy.

my town has;

3 churches,3 liquour stores,3 restaurants,3 hotels,1 OUTDOOR pool, 1 library, 2 laundromats,2 movie stores, 1 general store,1 town hall,1 hardware store, 1 B&B(Bed&Breakfest),1 school(public),1 art centre,1 arena(ice skating), 2 arenas(rodeos,horse riding...etc.etc{One's inside, the other, outside}). and thats about it :force: see, my town is pitiful, i think i'm the only trek one!

Other?

Where I live is a cross between nowhere and the suburbs. Think of a country road with gravel driveways, lots of woods, and old houses spread apart with the occasional "new" house. That's the kind of setting I live in. Oh, and my town is about 3 years old, while I've lived here for 15 years. ;)

Small town - approx 10,000, we are the county seat for the county, which is mostly rural /agricultural. We have two liquor stores, one hospital and 99 to 115 churches depending on which directory you use. I'm thinking that might include the entire county.

Other.

I live on a US Army Reserve Center, and commute every day 10-15 minutes to US Naval Station Great Lakes. however, the USARC is in the Suburbs....

OK, brace yourselves.

My university dorm (where I am at the moment) is in the middle of a campus of 30,000 in the middle of a city of 300,000. My actual home is a 2.5 acre "mini-farm" (that's what Mom calls it anyway) in a small residential neighborhood surrounded by farmland. It's not the middle of nowhere, but the closest "recognized" town is 2 miles down the road - 2 gas stations, 2 stoplights, no liquor stores (dry county ;) ), an elementary school, about 6 churches, and a bunch of houses. However, even though it's closer, that town isn't in our address. Technically, our town is 7 miles in the other direction and has a population of about 20,000. I guess that makes it a small town, but it's a great size if you ask me.

So, when I'm not living in a medium-sized city, I live next to farmland outside of a small town. ;)

I grew up on a hundred-something acre family farm, but had to vote "small town," 'cause that's where I am now.

No stoplights (not even one of those blinking yellow ones), no liquor stores, one bar, two what I would call diners, two gas stations, one real restaurant, four churches that I can think of off the top of my head, three old-folks residences, about eight B&B's, bunches of hole-in-the-wall "antique" stores, one small regular store, a few shops, two banks - all in about one city block - this is large compared to the town where I grew up that DOES have two cautionary yellow lights, but less than half of the stuff I just listed.

Population about 3,000 here, and 2,500 in the town where I grew up (Now over 3,000 there, too.) Population - SA-LUTE!

Edited by LadyNarana

okey, i live in a town called RUINEN

thats a town in the provence of DRENTHE

and that provence is in a very small country called THE NETHERLANDS

(and no copenhagen is not the Capitol)

;) :) ;)

........................................................................................................

zelfseendrentskutjeissomslekkeromtebeffen

By Canadian standards I would say I live in a major city. By US population standards it would be a small city. I live in Winnipeg which has a population of just under 686,000 people and we are the 9th largest city in Canada. Heck all of Manitoba has a population of under 1.2 million.

By Canadian standards I would say I live in a major city. By US population standards it would be a small city. I live in Winnipeg which has a population of just under 686,000 people and we are the 9th largest city in Canada. Heck all of Manitoba has a population of under 1.2 million.

did you know that 90% of Canada live in urban centers?

I'm on an acreage 10 minutes outside a big city. It's nice. Completely treed and natural, and yet still close enough to hang with friends often.

I live in a small city. It only takes at least 10 minutes to get from Point A to Point B no more than 30 minutes to arrive at other destinations. :bag:

The ever growing population makes it a chore at times just to go to the mall or the movies. There are more cars now in my city than there were five years ago.

I live in a small city.  It only takes at least 10 minutes to get from Point A to Point B no more than 30 minutes to arrive at other destinations. :bag:

The ever growing population makes it a chore at times just to go to the mall or the movies.  There are more cars now in my city than there were five years ago.

I live 10 minutes from Kay Troi.