Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

Your most humiliating stories

ok so did you ever fing yourself being laught at or did you ever laugh at yourself when it comes to trek any thing well here's one of my true stories.........

I was about 10 when I got into trek I had a best friend who knew everything about anything trek. we would role play during school recess every day. he was always picard and I was crusher. any way trek was new to me so I didn't know anything about transporters, warp speed, hipos etc......worse yet I did not know what a (or the rather) bridge was!!!!!

my friend would tell me to go to the bridge and I thought that I was a bridge, you know the kind were cars go over and water runs under!!! :bow: :oops: :o :) anyway I never told him that I thought it weird that the tng crew was sitting on a bridge ( thinking I never saw them do this before) it was not till a month later that I understood what a st bridge was. the sad thing was that some one had to tell me!!!! after that my st friends treated me like the db of trek and they still do !!!

any one eles have moments like this and want to share!!!!?????

please tell me I am not alone~~ :) :laugh:

Ok, this was a long time ago, but a younger friend of my wrote this story about trek and wanted me to read it. It was realllllly bad. I did not say anything like that but i did tell him that this of that could not happen and that it was

Turbo lifts not turDo lifts.

ehehehehe...the other day i was sitting in japanese class, and we had to write about inventions...so i decided to write a paragraph advising the development of transporters...what i didnt realize was that my teacher was going to read it aloud in front of the class....and since she had no idea what transporters or star trek is, i had to try to explain it (in front of everyone) in japanese! not the easiest thing in the world....

My most embarrassing Trek moment was in middle school. We were assigned to write a short story, of about ten to twenty pages long. I wrote a short TNG story that was about seventeen pages. Well, a week later my teacher told me that he had found the story to be so good that he had entered it into a writing contest. Well, it ended up winning so the teacher decided to recognize me by reading the story to the entire school at an assembly. Understand that in my school Trek was kind of Taboo...... It took me years to live that one down with my peers.............

When I was in second grade...1979 or 80...I got into a little fight with a classmate. I tried to apply the Vulcan Death Grip to the kid. lol

Sorry, but you're all a tad too young to understand a 27 y.o.'s most embarassing moments. But otherwise, I was a Trek geek myself. I used an old Atari-like version of a Trek tactical sim a buddy of mine owned. You had to plot courses around planets, dock with starbases, hit klingon cruisers in direct line-of-sight (or get automated responses if you phaser/torpedo a planet or starbase between you & the Klingon cruiser,) etc. :devil: I was a vicious little twit. I'd hit them intentionally, just to see how many hits it would take to destroy them.

When I was in second grade...1979 or 80...I got into a little fight with a classmate. I tried to apply the Vulcan Death Grip to the kid. lol

LOL!! EXCELLENT.

The only humiliating moment i had was on this board. I was replying to the " have you ever refused to watch a star trek series" post. I said that i refused to watch DS9 'cos i was so indignant and annoyed that they'd stopped making TNG, and that it was a good couple of seasons at least before i watched it on VHS. Someone( yes Sam the Smuggler you know who you are :look: ) pointed out that TNG was still running when DS9 first aired. I felt sooooo stupid. But it is true. TNG had stopped airing a long time before i watched DS9.

:laugh: Tried that trick myself on my little sister. My Father found out and did it to me. Guess what folks it don't knock you out but if you pinch hard ehough it will bring you to your knee's. :laugh: That Hurts! :laugh: