Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Cardassian Vessels

Guest Mike_Hines01

I'm not sure if they have one, but on the game Star Trek Deep: Space Nine Dominion Wars they have the prefix CUS.

Why do Cardassian ships look like fish?

Ha ha!

Actually, the Cardassian ship design is based on the Egyptian ankh symbol.

What does that mean? Beats the heck outta me! This is an answer to a post with a question embedded in it

The ankh is also the symbol for vampires... Go figure....

Some cardassian ships for us to look at:-

Warship AKA 'Galor'

Click for Spoiler:

warship_galor.jpg

Warship AKA 'Keldon'

warship_keldon.jpg

Freighter AKA 'Groumall'

freighter_groumall.jpg

Scout AKA 'Hideki'

scout_hideki.jpg

Shuttle AKA 'Lakat'

shuttlepod_class1.3.jpg

Station AKA 'Nor'

station_nor.jpg

Missile AKA 'Dreadnaught'

missile_dreadnaught.jpg

My Keldon = Morag

You insult Cardassian Design!

Cardassians have one of the best starship designs in the alpha quadrant!

:wow: :o :o :clap::clap::clap::clap::wow:

(my crew)

:)

(prisoner)

:blink:

(civilian)

Why do Cardassian ships look like fish?

Ha ha!

Actually, the Cardassian ship design is based on the Egyptian ankh symbol.

What does that mean? Beats the heck outta me! This is an answer to a post with a question embedded in it

131538[/snapback]

I've always thought that the Cardassian ships looks like snakes ( cobras )!

;)

Edited by 3 of 7

Well, Klingon and Romulan ships were meant to represent swooping birds of prey, so perhaps the Cardassian ships were meant to equal either the fish, goes with the hot fish juice, or snake, goes with their appearance, no offense intended. If I really wanted to be crass, I'd say something like "Well, at least they don't look like spoons..." ;)

Cardassians ships are designed to look like the "Galor",a mythological Cardassian beast.

:jaw:

How does a Galor class ship stack up against a Galaxy class starship? Do they have similiar speed or weapons?

Like Acclaim pointed out earlier, it was indeed designed with the Egyptian ankh in mind. Whether it actually looks like that or not is up to interpretation, but the ship definitely has Egyptian design cues to it, imo.

Galor vs Galaxy?

It's generally accepted that it would take 2 Galors to even challenge a Galaxy... or at least the Enterprise-D. I'm going specifically by what's in TNG's "The Wounded" and "The Chase".

A single Galor-Class warship is no match for a Galaxy-Class starship.

During the Cardassian Wars it was a common Cardassian tactic to engage a large Starfleet vessel,like a Galaxy-Class or an Ambassador-Class starship with several Galor's.

The Keldon-Class was a slight improvement over the Galor in that it carried more weapons systems.Even so, the Keldon,I believe,was not a match for a Starfleet heavy cruiser in a one-against-one battle.

I'm guessing that Galor's are relatively easy to construct, so they can match the Federation when they were at war with them both times.

The Cardassians also stole the blueprints to the Defiant-Class and constructed some of their own fast-attack light spacecraft on the design (I've seen them in the DS9 Technical Manual).

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><font style='width=80%; filter:glow(color=green)'>I've always thought that the Cardassian ships looks like snakes ( cobras )!

:unsure:

Ditto.

I though Keldon class ships was a kind that the Obsidian order built, and that it was never used by anyone else.

Cardassian ships doesn't seem to have a design lineage the way Federation ships do. Although they share colour and usually have broad fronts and thins tails, they range from boxy and blocky like the Galor ships to round and smooth like the smaller kind. And if you take into account their stations and cities with grey colour and long piers or tiers or pylons or whatever then it gets even more confusing.