Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

The Soongs

i was looking around, and i was surprised to see about 3 soongs! i mean, how many do their have to be??? the ones i seen are...

lessa_soong

takara_soong

Yillara_soong

not that i have anything against them, i just want to know why there are so many! :lol: if anyone tells me why they get :)

Actually there are 6 Soongs on STF. EmilSoong, Lessa_Soong, NoonienSoong, Takara_Soong, Tasha_Soong & Yillara_Soong. The "Soong Sisters" are Takara & Lessa. I believe that Yillara and Emil are related however I could be wrong about that. As for why they're Soong, I'm sure each has their own reason but I always just figured that it's because they all love one or more of the Soong characters. Same as my name is RikerChick because I love the character of Will Riker.

Actually there are 6 Soongs on STF. EmilSoong, Lessa_Soong, NoonienSoong, Takara_Soong, Tasha_Soong & Yillara_Soong. The "Soong Sisters" are Takara & Lessa. I believe that Yillara and Emil are related however I could be wrong about that. As for why they're Soong, I'm sure each has their own reason but I always just figured that it's because they all love one or more of the Soong characters. Same as my name is RikerChick because I love the character of Will Riker.

Don't forget dsbs:

Mines dsbs b/c Data Soong Brent Spiner (then AFTER I realised that DS was also my initials. Well I knew my initials already, lol, but it didn't click till later...but had D...S...Brent Spiner works too!!:lol:)

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=1119&st=20

Don't forget dsbs:

Mines dsbs b/c Data Soong Brent Spiner (then AFTER I realised that DS was also my initials. Well I knew my initials already, lol, but it didn't click till later...but had D...S...Brent Spiner works too!!:lol:)

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=1119&st=20

Oh duh, I can't believe I forgot her. 11doh.gif She was the first Soong I ever met on the board. Please forgive me dsbs. And thank you VBG. :)

Live and let live. WE all are the same. soong er or later. we all meet the same fate. hopefully later than soong er. just joking. live long

There you go LOTB, a little Soong history lesson that even I learned something. I only knew lessa, takara and yillara myself. And only one have I ever even talked to. Oh, well shutting up now.

I believe that Yillara and Emil are related however I could be wrong about that.

You are 100% correct RikerChick. EmilSoong is my little sister.

In my case my screen name is a character from a story I once had in the works, but once again it has fallen by the wayside.

Similarly, EmilSoong's name has to do with a character in her story(that I believe she might have finally finished, and has nothing to do with Trek.) Emil is the character's first name, and Soong was because my sister likes the character of Lore (Data is my favorite. :hand: )

The "Soong Sisters" are Takara & Lessa.

Aren't the Soong sister Lessa, Takara, and DSBS?

Where's this quote from? I don't recall saying that.

The "Soong Sisters" were made up of 4 people. Takara_Soong (aka soong_girl ... see her first promotion here: soong_girl's first promotion ), Lessa_Soong, Yillara_Soong and dsbs.

What the? It was RC who said it. :lol:

Oh I must have quoted your quote with RC's quote inside it. Whoops. Lol.

(Wow that's alot of quotes)

What the? It was RC who said it. :lol:

Oh I must have quoted your quote with RC's quote inside it. Whoops. Lol.

(Wow that's alot of quotes)

Oh ok, I see it now. Now I can say "I was misquoted" lol

TO add to the mess, since Ensign Jim Phaserman mentioned family into Trek, My husband EdMcgon is a member of the board too, but not a Soong, LOL.

Greetings everyone! Originally Lessa, DSBS, Yillara and myself migrated from startrek.com's message board to STF around the same time and we were referred to as the Soong Sisters. There has been a bit of a parting of the ways between the sisters. DSBS' busy schedule has kept her from the boards for quite a while however she is still in contact with Lessa. Yillara migrated to her friend Data and they have a board together I believe.

Lessa and I still consider ourselves sisters. We spend hours on AIM with each other every day. We write stories together for our website (www.datalorefiction.net - shameless plug - must be over 18 to check it out) and have much in common.

As for the other Soongs, Yillara explained her sister. Tasha_Soong hasn't been to the boards for a long time. She is a friend of the former TNG forum mod Celtic_Swimmer. I don't know anything about the member named NoonienSoong though.

Greetings everyone!  Originally Lessa, DSBS, Yillara and myself migrated from startrek.com's message board to STF around the same time and we were referred to as the Soong Sisters. There has been a bit of a parting of the ways between the sisters. DSBS' busy schedule has kept her from the boards for quite a while however she is still in contact with Lessa. Yillara migrated to her friend Data and they have a board together I believe.

Lessa and I still consider ourselves sisters. We spend hours on AIM with each other every day. We write stories together for our website (www.datalorefiction.net - shameless plug - must be over 18 to check it out) and have much in common.

As for the other Soongs, Yillara explained her sister. Tasha_Soong hasn't been to the boards for a long time. She is a friend of the former TNG forum mod Celtic_Swimmer. I don't know anything about the member named NoonienSoong though.

Yeah, I only remember seeing Tasha_Soong any more then a couple of times. We also have another member that could be a distant relative of the Soongs... Spinner_Femme but she hasn't been on in almost a year I believe.

Wow. lotsa family business here. good to know this place is conducive to families chatting together.

We have many family members that are members here. Grandmothers and grandchildren, brothers and sisters. Mother's and Daughters. Even one of my nephews and one of my nieces are members.

I don't know if we have any fathers and sons.

My wife, my brother, and...well, I guess he's my brother in law (his sister is married to my brother) all come here. shouldn't take long to figure out who they are.

Wow. lotsa family business here. good to know this place is conducive to families chatting together.

We have many family members that are members here. Grandmothers and grandchildren, brothers and sisters. Mother's and Daughters. Even one of my nephews and one of my nieces are members.

I don't know if we have any fathers and sons.

VBG, would that be a reference to BevFanK - her whole family are members of the boards - it's great!

TO add to the mess, since Ensign Jim Phaserman mentioned family into Trek, My husband EdMcgon is a member of the board too, but not a Soong, LOL.

Ed is your husband?? I did not know that! That is sooo cool! :blink:

Ed is your husband?? I did not know that! That is sooo cool! ;)

She usually tries to keep it a secret, Bysty.

Click for Spoiler:

Just kidding, Ed. I know Lessa has decided to keep you...well at least until Brent is available anyway. :blink:

Takara, that was....nice. I am so glad that Julie likes Big guys. otherwise, She'd be with you guys, going after Brent.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman