Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Funniest TNG episode

They have a funniest TOS episode thread on the other board and I thought it was a great topic for TNG too.

So what do you think is the funniest TNG episode?

I have such a hard choosing because there were so many really funny instances in most episodes but I wouldn't judge them to be "funny" episodes, if that makes sense. For example, I love Data's Day. That look on Data's face when he is dancing with the holographic partner is hilarious but the overall episode I wouldn't call funny. So that's my dilemma.

I think I would have to vote for The Naked Now. Data drunk - hilarious! :o

"Fistful of Datas", come on Takara you KNEW I would say this one!!

OK, and the scene in "The Naked Now" when Data is drunk, that is hilarious.

oh this is a hard one! TNG has so many funny ones!

i agree with yillara_soong on "A fistfull of datas"

also the Q ones are funny, esp. deja Q and Qpid

there are just so many i can't begin to list them!

IMHO it has to be Genesis. It's the Spock's Brain of TNG. So bad it's funny.

You're right! There is not ONE part of that episode that actually made any sense whatsoever! But I love all Q and Barclay episodes, they're all hilarious. If I remember correctly, Deja Q and and Realm of Fear had me laughing hardest (Look there's stellar cartography! I always thought that was on deck 11!).

Oh, and Lwaxanna's always good for a few laughs.

Edited by dsbs

I always enjoyed the Q episodes because they took a break and put some more humor in the show. So I would say in general the Q episodes, but episodes like “A fistful of datas” are also very funny and of course deserve mentioning as with other episodes

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I was just going to make a topic like this, but then saw it was already here, hehe.

Anyway, Naked Now had two really good scenes but as entire episode Deja Q and Qpid were hilarious, though Qpid is my favorite. That has so many laugh out loud scenes in it and it was a great episode as well.

Favorite scene from Qpid: When Troi shoots Data with an arrow, that was priceless.

Close runner-ups are when Worf smashes Geordi's mandolin and the scene where Q starts putting hats and props on the crew during Picard's speech; when Data puts up his hand to say something and notices he has a wooden eagle in his hand is classic due to his look... gotta love it.

Q and 1 season eps.. :laugh: I think Q is very funny.. "Is there a JEan Luck Picerd here." lol the first season is just funny in the sense that they were still finding there footing and to watch 7th season eps and then go straight to 1st season can be quit funny.. :)

all hail Bev!! :)

"Captain, i must protest! I am not a merry man!"

"Data, are you alright?" (something like that)_ Troi

Data pulls arrow out of his body. "Yes, counselor. I believe that your aim is improving."

A great episode. But Guinan stabing Q to prove that he is human...ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Another scene in QPid: Picard is sleeping in his bed and Q appears, looks under the sheets, Picard turns around, and Q says, "sleeping alone are we?"

that was great when Worf smashed the Mandolin "sorry"! And Troi shooting Data was pretty darn funny too, but i stick with what I said b4 - Deja Q was hilarious (But I have only half of it taped - thank goodness for box sets!)

This was indeed very, very hard..

There are too many to choose from.. I guess the Q episodes are the funniest, not certain wich one, have to think about it...

"Captain, I must protest! I am not a merry man!"

That’s the one of the best quotes that’s out that and on the most funniest . . . hard to beat it

LOL

Master Q

I always enjoyed the Q episodes because they took a break and put some more humor in the show. So I would say in general the Q episodes,

Master Q

I have to agree with Master Q on this one. Q episodes are the funniest to me. Although, The Naked Now had some pretty good lines in it to. I believe someone from engineering told Picard to "keep his britches on" when Picard asked them to do something. That line just cracked me up for some reason.

I would have to say "The Naked Now" It had alot of hilarious scenes, from Yar's "Data, are you fully functional" (or something like that) to Data on the bridge stating that he was receiving an odd message "There once was a woman from venus.........."

Definately Phantasms, espesically with worf.

Also, Conundrum was pretty funny as well since I saw it last night. I love the end with Riker, Ro, and Troi and the expression on riker's face is just priceless.

:wow:

I am not a merry man....yup, that probably is one of the best ST quotes ever. I love Micheal Dorn, he's hilarious (there I go witht hat word again...)

Has anyone got the season 1 box set? In the special features when they were talking about how thhey got their roles, and Dorn goes "all my friends were like 'hey, Mike, how ya doing', and I just said FINE." You have to see it...but he was just so...WORF in there, even without the make up. it was great. :wow:

Im sure no one has the slightest clue what I'm talking about...

I am not a merry man....yup, that probably is one of the best ST quotes ever. I love Micheal Dorn, he's hilarious (there I go witht hat word again...)

Has anyone got the season 1 box set? In the special features when they were talking about how thhey got their roles, and Dorn goes "all my friends were like 'hey, Mike, how ya doing', and I just said FINE." You have to see it...but he was just so...WORF in there, even without the make up. it was great. :wow:

Im sure no one has the slightest clue what I'm talking about...

I do. When he want in to audition in character while his friends were "themselves". Looks like his way to do worked since he got the part.

Ya, but I liked the way that, even without makeup, he really seemed...WORF when he said that "fine."

First ones that came to mind for me:

Qpid

Deja Q

Barclay's first ep (name esapes me atm) Troi to her 'godess of love' counterpart: "Muzzle it!" :blink:

Menage a Troi - easily one of the funniest eps ;) .

Data's Day

...There are several more.

Fistfull of Datas....It just so funny

Any episode with Troi's Mom..She make Picard run for his life..Its just so funny to see him squirm

I cannot stand any episode with Loixana. I wish they never created her.

Now that I got that off my chest the funniest episode was Qpid and the funniest part was from Starship Mine (barion sweep) when Data is lurking around the reception practicing small talk gestures while watching the guy that never shuts up. So funny.