Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Favorite Ship Battle in a Movie

Which is your favorite?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Reliant V. Enterprise (STII)
    • Enterprise V. Klingon Bird of Prey (STIII)
    • Enterprise A and Excelsior V. Chang's Bird of Prey (ST VI)
    • Enterprise D V. D-12 Bird of Prey (STG)
    • Starfleet V. Borg Cube (ST FC)
    • Enterprise E V. Son'a Cruisers (Riker Menuever, ST I)
    • Enterprise E V. Roafo's ship (ST I)
    • Enterprise E V. Scimitar (ST N)

I loved the fight in First Contact when the Enterprise E comes to help the "tiny" Defiant and the other ships... That's awesome.

I also loved the fight Enterprise E vs. the Scimitar in Nemesis, but since First Contact is my fave movie, I'm voting for the Borg Cube battle. B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Tough choice but I went with the Enterprise A & Excelsior Vs Chang's Bird of Prey (ST VI)..I thought that was fantastic! Plus we got to see the Excelsior in battle..The Enterprise/Reliant battle was also great in ST II..

Guest Mike_Hines01

My favourite has to be Starfleet V. Borg Cube in First Conact. I thought that was a realy cool scene.

i like the scimitar battle i guess.. i dont really like hte movie because john logan ripped us off.. if you have ever seen his movie excalbur its very simmilar to it e stole parts from his own movie and put it in nem.. but the battle was ok.. i also like the borg battle in fc that was great..

I've done this poll before on another board - I wonder if my vote has changed...

I love the Ent/Exc vs BoP, SF vs cube, and Ent-E vs Son'a battlecruisers battle scenes, but I don't think anything can beat the...

Enterprise vs Reliant!!!

This battle scene probably had more suspense than any other in Trek. Both ships were wounded badly, the commanders were pretty much mortal enemies, the music was incredibly fitting for the mood, and the look of it all on-screen was amazing. I mean, c'mon, how can you beat playing a game of 'hide-and-seek to-the-death' in a nebula with no targeting locks to rely on? :wow: Like I said on another topic, when the screen clears to reveal the Reliant dead ahead, my heart beats a little faster every time. It's definitely one of my favorite scenes in all of Trek. :hug:

gotta go with trek 2 for this one, no one fights it out better than kirk and kahn, and when you consider the technical challenges of filming space battles in that era, well, it is pretty darn amazing

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan...

The first movie in which we get to see two Federation ships go toe to toe and beat the hell outta each other. My vote goes to the famous Kirk/Khan battle. I still watch this movie once a month, for the battles and the classic quotes.

:cool:

I liked the Khan/Kirk battle also..Computer Generated is not the same as actually blowing a model up..And the Hatred also added a nice touch.Can never be duplicated in a trek show or movie

My favourite has to be Starfleet V. Borg Cube in First Conact.  I thought that was a realy cool scene.

That's my favorite too! B) I'm agree that is a cool scene. ;)

:)

Oh, I'd have to say my favorite would be the battle in First Contact.

I love it when the Defiant maneuvers everywhere, firing the whole time. Then the tractor beam locks onto it, quantum torpedoes hit the source and the Enterprise flies into view.

The only gripe I have is when the guy says "It's the Enterprise." I don't know, I guess I've heard that too much.

As much as I didn't apreciate what it did to the movie, I think that in terms of a shearly great battle, I have to love Enterprise vs. Schimitar. The decompression sequence and the ramming were the to best parts of it and the rest of the battle was fairly solid.