Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

ENT and Vulcans

Why does ENT portray vulcans as evil and have emotions but hiding them? Why do they contradict all that's been said about them in the other series?

Why does ENT portray vulcans as evil and have emotions but hiding them? Why do they contradict all that's been said about them in the other series?

It's never been said that Vulcans have no emotions..They have learned to suppress and control their emotions..As for Vulcans being evil on the show Enterprise..I don't see that at all..They're not as peaceful as on TOS and TNG but I wouldn't call them evil..

Edited by spacetigger

It's never been said that Vulcans have no emotions..They have learned to suppress and control their emotions..As for Vulcans being evil on the show Enterprise..I don't see that at all..They're not as peaceful as on TOS and TNG but I wouldn't call them evil..

No, the Vulcans are just portrayed as duplicitous, untrustworthy beings. What happened to the notion that Vulcans cannot lie? It is a philosophical thing with them, part of their credo, if you will and even the Romulans take it for granted that Vulcans don't prevaricate, see TOS episode, "Enterprise Incident". I was bitterly disappointed in the characterization of the Vulcan race on Enterprise. One hundred years is too little time for an entire culture to do such a flip, by the time we see them again in TOS as an honorable people and a race to be respected.

Not only that but they decided in Enterprise to make an issue of the Mind meld --- as in nice Vulcans don't do it. What's with that? Spock tells us in "Dagger of the Mind" where the ability is first introduced to us, that it is an ancient practise and is part of their private lives. He does mention it is dangerous, but given the nature of it we see why. Sometimes the melding can be so complete, especially with a human, for instance, the link might be hard to sever. It is how they join with their mates in the bonding of marriage and how they "share" their private selves with each other. I saw no reason to make an issue of this in Enterprise. Not when I'd already been given the impression this was part of being a Vulcan on the whole, and not some whim or fad. I definately prefer the Vulcans of TOS.

T'Bree

Many things are left unknown in the past.

Until 2063 human's date. The Vulcan have barely made any successful first contacts.

Some of their contacts end up constant violence amongst each other like the race -- Trip got stuck with 1 of them on a hot planet knocking each other while waiting for rescue.

- The constant suspicions of the Andorians.

- Etc.

With their "Vulcan behavior" other races barely are able to tolerate them.

Until they met a primitive "highly enthusiastic race" the humans who sees them as a great mentor after their 1st Contact, At that time the Vulcans must have felt like a father to a race. until the kids grew up & want to leave their home to explore.

ok, I'm straying off from my point, lol

anyway the point is, they have been living their logical ways for cenuries & never stayed with any other races as long as they did with the humans. & also humans are very nosy in a good way that they always busy body about their past & behaviors. Which I'm sure no other races bother disscussing about.

So after living with humans, they tend to 'soften up'. T'Pol is 1 of countless few who help start to open their race's mind to [mindmelds, emotions, etc.]

Which led to the 1st Human/Vulcan child, Spock.

As the centuries has gone by & Vulcans learn to tolerate human behaviors & learn not to be sooo "stiff" the Vulcans of the 23rd & 24th centuries are more calmer, cause they have gotten used to our instability.

lol, I'm not sure I'm making any sense here but rabble on the Vulcan - human story.

anyway I'll post it anyway. :P

Enterprise's depiction of Vulcans always sort of struck me as a more honest depiction.

I always felt that the Vulcans we saw on TOS thru Voyager looked down on humans as lesser beings (even Spock,prior "The Voyage home"),and weren't totally honest.

Vulcans are an asset to the Federation,but they are cold,calculating and alien....

You just never know when their emotional control is going to slip.

:eekout:

Even a small amount of time can change people as well as vulcans. They are a race that learned that you dont have to show emotion in order to live day to day lives. They are the way they are lol.