Sign in to follow this  
Celtic_Swimmer

RoddenBerrys Dream!!?!?!?!?

Here is what i found...

"For over 30 years, the creative mind of Gene Roddenberry has touched the lives of millions with his stories of human endeavor and achievement. His works and ideals have been integrated into numerous cultures worldwide, offering each a sense of hope for humanity as it enters the new millennium. Please join us in exploring his legacy to the world!"

and

"In 1964, every concept Gene Roddenberry had ever explored in his scripts, all his previous experiences, all his beliefs, came together in a single idea: "Wagon Train to the Stars." That one phrase summed up the concept for a television series he briefly expressed in a sixteen-page outline. The series shattered inter-racial boundaries and boldly prophesied a future that is, in many ways now, a reality. It's penetrating exploration of human emotions and issues in an alien environment seized the imaginations of generation after generation. Roddenberry's series thrust science fiction from a genre backwater into a major cultural phenomenon as phrases like "warp speed," and "beam me aboard," were embedded in the public jargon.

He called this new series, "Star Trek".

What do you all think of Roddenberrys outcome of his 'Dream'??

*i hope that Roddenberrys Memory and Dreams 'Live Long and Prosper'*

-Laur :D

i think it is still spot on, it has grown up from an idea to way of life for some people, granted TOS was more social comentary, where as the later part of TNG to Ent has been more about a signle ongoing saga, with the overtones less prominent. When you think about it people watch Star Trek for the story line not the social view aspect. It's been around for over 30 years, it is now a living thing with a pulse, his view was for a hopeful future, which is still the whole point to the show, even with Ent. it show in less than 200 years that's where we will be. And there is still more of the story to be told.

Your welcome For the Quotes..

Indeed the Great Bird og the Galaxy had a grand vision and to this day is still being done, i think RoddenBerry was a spectatular man who was in the wrong time period.. he belonged in the future not here.. but i am greatful that we had him here and had his mind to do wonderful things and to educate us on the fact that were not the only ones out here.. and someone played god.. it may not be the god we think of but some did.. and threw star trek some othe rpeople might come to that realization as well...

-Laur :D

i think it is still spot on, it has grown up from an idea to way of life for some people, granted TOS was more social comentary, where as the later part of TNG to Ent has been more about a signle ongoing saga, with the overtones less prominent. When you think about it people watch Star Trek for the story line not the social view aspect. It's been around for over 30 years, it is now a living thing with a pulse, his view was for a hopeful future, which is still the whole point to the show, even with Ent. it show in less than 200 years that's where we will be. And there is still more of the story to be told.

Yep. But you have to wonder if we'll ever learn considering what's going on in the world today, especially over the last couple of years.

V.C.

I believe that if Gene Roddenberry were alive today he would be proud of whats been accomplished over the years with Star Trek.His stories and dreams were last long into the future.

I believe that if Gene Roddenberry were alive today he would be proud of whats been accomplished over the years with Star Trek.His stories and dreams were last long into the future.

You can say that again!

Gene Roddenberry's vision was a profound one. Some things that are going on today are disturbing, but I believe we have made substantial progress.

May Star Trek live long and prosper!

Here is what i found...

"For over 30 years, the creative mind of Gene Roddenberry has touched the lives of millions with his stories of human endeavor and achievement. His works and ideals have been integrated into numerous cultures worldwide, offering each a sense of hope for humanity as it enters the new millennium. Please join us in exploring his legacy to the world!"

and

"In 1964, every concept Gene Roddenberry had ever explored in his scripts, all his previous experiences, all his beliefs, came together in a single idea: "Wagon Train to the Stars." That one phrase summed up the concept for a television series he briefly expressed in a sixteen-page outline. The series shattered inter-racial boundaries and boldly prophesied a future that is, in many ways now, a reality. It's penetrating exploration of human emotions and issues in an alien environment seized the imaginations of generation after generation. Roddenberry's series thrust science fiction from a genre backwater into a major cultural phenomenon as phrases like "warp speed," and "beam me aboard," were embedded in the public jargon.

He called this new series, "Star Trek".

What do you all think of Roddenberrys outcome of his 'Dream'??

*i hope that Roddenberrys Memory and Dreams 'Live Long and Prosper'*

-Laur :)

I wish Rick Berman held G R's dream in as high a regard as you do, then i wouldn't be so worried for ST.

I don't like Andromeda but when it starts it says Gene Rodden. did he have an andromeda series a long time ago? :)

Yeah i heard it was something he had been working on!! also note that that other show.. umm what is it called.. with those Aliens working together with Earth people??

But yeah he created that and he was dead when they started it!!

-Laur :)

No poguemahone, they are talking about a TV series called Andromeda. I watched it for a while, it was pretty good. The problem was it came on right on dinner time on Sunday! I kept missing it. Is it still on?