Sign in to follow this  
t'mir

A timeless debate....

What kind of fan do you call yourself?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of fan do you call yourself?

• Trekkie only!
    • Trekker only!
    • Trekkie, but I don't mind being called a trekker
    • Trekker, but I don't mind being called a trekkie
    • No preference.

Hey! I'm a trekkie, but I know some ppl feel very strongly as to what they call themselves. Vote now! Be heard! :force:

Trekkie, but I don't mind being called a trekker. I use trekkie, but either is fine. I'm a star trek fan, the wording doesn't matter to me.

Trekkie, but I don't mind being called a Trekker. I most often use Trekkie. :lol:

:force:

I refer to myself as a "trekkie" because it sounds cute. :force:

But I don't mind being called a "trekker". It doesn't bother me. Both terms are okay.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Stardate:214117.9

Trekkie.Trekker just sounds dumb to me for some reason.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I and most of my friends call ourselves trekkies, and I don't know about them but I don't mind being called a trekker either.

I prefer Trekker, Trekkie seems to have a negative connotation to it. I, however, don't mind being called a trekkie. At least not by friends or those who don't know better.

Edited by Tench745

I personally prefer to be called a trekkie although its kind of ok to be called a trekker

I say "Trekkie, but I don't mind being called Trekker". At least most people know what a Trekkie is. Trekker you have to stop and explain it to people - and the fact that you care about the definition would indicate you're a Trekkie anyway.

Trekker only! Trekkie is just too "cute". The last time someone said "oh, you're a Trekkie", she smiled at me as if I was a little girl and it was just the cutest thing she had ever heard- and I'm 50!!! :) B)

Having seen the Movie "Trekkies", I would not like to be associated with that term. partially because of the negative view that Movie shows Star Trek fans in.

My point exactly, It's not that I mind being called a Trekkie, It's just that it makes everyone think you're a complete freak.

i am a trekkie, but m friends like to say that big fans are trekkies and sorta ok fans who like it but arnt crazy about it are trekkers.. so i say im a trekkie!

Trekker for 2 reasons.

1.) Trekkie has a pretty negative stereotype with it that is nearly Impossible to toss. The Movie Trekkies didn't help.

2.) I belong to the International Federation of Trekkers. www.iftcommand.com

So those are the big reasons I try to stick with trekker.

I prefer the term "trekker". Trekkie brings to mind the oddball members of fandom.

I like Trekkie, which is what I call all fans. That word was Gene created and Trekker was a name a fan created. I have no shame in being called a Trekkie, in fact, that is my name on other forums