Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Harbinger"?

What rating would you give "Harbinger" out of 10?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Harbinger" out of 10?

Hello fellow Enterprise watchers of Startrekfans! I don't know what tonights episode is about really, but I'm guessing from the name that this episode might have some good material in store for us tonight. I really look forward to it just as I have all other episodes since the beginning. I hope you are all well and dandy. That is my preamble for the night. I will add my thoughts on the episode later tonight following the show. Now, I'm off for some serious study time. Captain Bolivar dismisses you for the time being. But be sure to report back here at 2100 hrs.

CLICK THE SPOILER TO SEE WHAT I THOUGHT OF TONIGHT'S EP!

Click for Spoiler:

WOW! This was one of the most FUN episodes of Enterprise I have ever seen. I loved the rivalry, the jealousy; I loved everything! The episode had a nice light, fun feeling for nearly the whole episode even when people were kicking the **** out of each other. As for the Trip/T'Pol thing: I know some people aren't going to like it, but I liked it for what it was. Sure, I could criticize it to some degree, but I like to see Star Trek move in new directions and explore new ideas. After all, we have no true model for Vulcan women and T'Pol is making the female Vulcan much more interesting than any male Vulcan (with the exception of Spock because Nimoy did the most amazing work creating the most deep alien ever seen on television in his time) I think T'Pol is somewhat like a non-conformist within Vulcan culture and it's nice to see that in my opinion. Also, regarding the harbinger I liked how when the problem with him arose it wasn't taken too seriously to ruin the overall feeling of the episode. As for the strange things that were happening to the alien and how he mentioned that the destruction of Earth would save his people... it added something interesting to think about regarding the arc. Well, as I've said before, this was an incredibly fun episode... from the awkward conversation between T'Pol and Trip before things got crazy, to the punch out flip-a-thon between two very awesome fighters! Because this episode stands out so well as a great fun episode... I have to give it a 10 because not many episodes have ever been so fun!!! I close with my opening. WOW!

Edited by Captain Bolivar

I liked it. I thought it was a hoot. Very fun. Not quite Proving Ground, Twilight and Similitude material but light years ahead of season two boredom. I give it a good solid 8. Connor and Jolene do have that comic timing, don't they? :force: Also, I especially enjoyed

Click for Spoiler:

when Malcolm was being snarky and teasing Trip at dinner. That is EXACTLY how males who are good, good friends interact. Oh, the neuropressure is no big deal? Well, I have this little pain here....LOL!!!!

I gave it a 8.5........

Click for Spoiler:

Reed stole the show finally! I like him and needed to see more of him.......Trip was cute and he and T'Pol were cute together, but it should have been a bit longer of a sex scene...tv sex scene mind you.

I liked this ep. and I gave it a 6 which is high for me. But I do have a question.

Click for Spoiler:

what did the alien say at the very end I got most of it. He said something like when the xindi destroy earth my people ? That las word I have no idea what he said and I played it back at least five times please help me.

I loved it - gave it a ten - surprising myself by doing so.

fred last words

Click for Spoiler:

when the Xindi destroy earth my people will prevail

thanks to vcr's and closed captioning.

The dinner scene with Trip and Malcolm was absolutely wonderful, great acting - great dialogue.

Travis got to show his stuff with the martial arts and show what a good natured fellow he is.

IMO, T'Pol isn't telling the whole story and I feel a bit sorry for Trip because he needs to know whatever the truth is. I was thinking

Click for Spoiler:

man she's calling him a lab rat just before he said it

While personal tensions superceded the main plot it the presence of the alien adds another intriguing question to the expanse puzzle

Star Trek is now becoming the kiss and make love show of Wednesdays. I hate the imperative on sex. It's stupid. It's just for ratings. What is this? An action film with sex gone bad?

Thanks UH for that info I completly forgot about closed captiion duh. I will have to agree it was nice to see travis doing something more than just sit for two weeks in a row. Now lets get Hoishi somthng to do too. But it was a great Trip and Malcom show.

I gave the episode a 9.5. The only thing I didn't like was that T'Pol and Trip did the horizontal hokey-pokey. Other wise, I loved the episode! :force: OMG, one of the best ones yet! The conversation between Trip and T'Pol in her quarters was priceless. Also, when Reed asks Hayes in Archer's ready room, "Do you think we're dismissed?" :force:

Click for Spoiler:

Did anyone see Malcolm do the famous Kirk hand chop on Hayes? :lol: :assimilated:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

People do have sex sometimes.  It's not dirty. They didn't even show anything.  :force: However, I won't bust your chops if that's your honest opinion. I just don't agree.

not to true..even in TNG there were sex scenes data-yar, crusher-trill guy, troi-betazed negociator DS9 and Voy had some that i cant recall off the top of my head

bottom line nothing new to ST

I gave the episode a 9.5.  The only thing I didn't like was that T'Pol and Trip did the horizontal hokey-pokey.  Other wise, I loved the episode! :assimilated: OMG, one of the best ones yet!  The conversation between Trip and T'Pol in her quarters was priceless.  Also, when Reed asks Hayes in Archer's ready room, "Do you think we're dismissed?" :lol:

Click for Spoiler:

Did anyone see Malcolm do the famous Kirk hand chop on Hayes? :force:  :force:

yes i was thinking the same thing...i was like dood thats the infamous Jim Kirk-double-Judo-chop to the neck

lol

People do have sex sometimes.  It's not dirty. They didn't even show anything.  :force: However, I won't bust your chops if that's your honest opinion. I just don't agree.

not to true..even in TNG there were sex scenes data-yar, crusher-trill guy, troi-betazed negociator DS9 and Voy had some that i cant recall off the top of my head

Data & Yar was implied, there was no scene. :lol:

Guest Mike_Hines01

I loved this episode, top marks from me.

I gave it a 9..Pretty good episode...

Click for Spoiler:

That Reed/Hayes fight scene was great. And I was happy to see Travis finally get to do something..I too enjoyed the conversation betwen Trip and Reed..Funny stuff..I hope we haven't seen the last of Lt. Cole..

Ok, I just finished watching and I loved it. I gave it a 9.5.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the interactions of Trip and T'Pol, the facial expressions of T'Pol are really starting to soften and show more "emotion", even when she was speaking to Archer there were a lot more facial expressions then we normally see in her.

As for the T'Pol/Trip love scene, my first reaction was "Hello!" lol I had no idea what this episode would be about, the only thing I knew about it was the title and that could imply just about anything.

This was a story that continues the general arc but was really an "Off Arc" story. It was an interpersonal story about how the crew interacts and mingles. A lot of good "people stories" in this episode with just a touch of Sci-Fi to keep it "in character".

This kind of episode shows why Star Trek is such an awesome franchise. Sure we may get the occasional episode that's not a "9" or "10" on the "Wow Scale" but the stories we get 9 times out of 10 are just great.

I don't know if TPTB (or their Lieutenants) ever visit fan sites but if any of them ever do visit here to gauge fan reaction I would say this to them, "Keep going in this direction! The episodes get better each week and they keep me wanting more and more. At the end of each episode I say to myself 'It's over already?!' This is a great season and I know Season 4 will be even better!"

I loved it and gave it a ten all the way around. So far, this season is following the Star Trek formula of finally finding it's rhythm in the third year. The T'pol, Trip scene showed me that T'pol is not above feeling a few human like emotions after all. And her facial expressions at the table on the morning after had tease written all over it. This is definately the start of something big in Vulcan-Human relationships that will lead eventually to the marriage of Sarak with a human. I wonder how long Reed and Hayes stood at attention before they were relieved. If they are the officers they say they are, they wouldn't have dared leave before being dismissed. No matter what one thinks about the consumation of T'pol and Trip, this was worthy episode, but I still hope they get around to kicking some Xindi butt soon.

It was difficult to rate this episode. Just judging it by itself, it had a lot of good scenes, but it is not an episode one would use to introduce someone to "Enterprise". In other words, it was for the regular watchers only.

Within the contect of the Xindi arc, it was a very important and fun episode.

My problem is judging an episode that is wholly dedicated to a whole season's story arc. It seemed like a good episode, but if the rest of the story arc tanks (I hope not), how good was it really?

After this season is over, I might revisit this episode and call it outstanding. For now, it is a "7".

I like how they got Malcolm out of this wimp phase and our showing him as a tough security officer, I mean when you look at Odo, Worf, and Tuvok. They really did make him look like a wimp

Click for Spoiler:

But that fight scene where he kicked the butt of that marine it showed he is right up there with the others

Well I tell you what, I hated the first 15-18 minutes of it. During that time my rating points were being shaved off faster than Quatro razor commercial, it had plummeted to: 4.

But then it happened, from the time the Alien first spoke the points started to add up again and by the time it was over (which btw I was on my feet for) my final score had risen back to 9.5 and that's what I'm giving it. It would have been worth another 10+ from me except for its issues at the start. More later.

I enjoyed this ep and so I gave it an 8.5. I think it posed more questions about the spheres and the Xindi well at the same time developed other plot lines.

Does anyone know what the title refers to? I'm not sure.

Oh, wait I looked it up.

Harbinger: One that indicates or foreshadows what is to come; a forerunner.

Makes sense.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

People do have sex sometimes.  It's not dirty.   They didn't even show anything.  :o   However, I won't bust your chops if that's your honest opinion.   I just don't agree.

Data & Yar was implied, there was no scene. :o

I gave it a 9.5, great show!

The Trip/T'Pol thing was implied as well, we didn't see them doing anything, just sitting there.

We know they had sex we just didn't get to watch, Like Data and Tasha, we all knew they were having sex they just didn't let us in to see.

Edited by Klingonmike

People do have sex sometimes.  It's not dirty.   They didn't even show anything.  :o   However, I won't bust your chops if that's your honest opinion.   I just don't agree.

Data & Yar was implied, there was no scene. :o

I gave it a 9.5, great show!

The Trip/T'Pol thing was implied as well, we didn't see them doing anything, just sitting there.

True. :o

I gave it a 9.5. Still waiting to give out that 10! I loved it. At each commercial I was like NOOOO not another!!! I like T'Pol more with each episode. And I loved the two tough guys getting chewed out by the Captain.

Sign in to follow this