Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Berman - booted? ...

Rumors of Berman being booted....

Cinescape reports from an anonymous source executive Producer Rick Berman may be replaced.

"It would seem the lackluster support of ENTERPRISE by Les Moonves and Dawn Ostroff at this weekend's UPN press junket has gotten the attention of Garry Hart, President of Paramount Television Productions. Quiet for some time regarding the dismal performance of his division's most important moneymaker, it has been rumored that Hart may be planning as early as March to make concessions to UPN to help keep ENTERPRISE on the air. From an insider in John Wentworth's office at Paramount Television's Marketing and Media Relations Department, a memo has been spotted suggesting Hart may be waiting until after ENTERPRISE's February sweeps performance to announce the possible replacement of some of the show's production staff, to possibly include longtime TREK Executive Producer Rick Berman. There is no word at this time of any possible replacements."

Please Note the artilce clearly emphases that this is an unconfirmed rumor.

"The mood at ENTERPRISE, however, is mixed. Some fearing a dreaded Friday time slot are relieved the change is minor. Others, however, are less than optimistic considering the lead in shows of GAME OVER and THE MULLETS and think this may be a setup for disaster.

And as I reported earlier, the set is still awash with concern that within a month or two, there may be a new 'captain' in the Executive Producer's chair. There is concern that Rick Berman's future with the beloved TREK franchise may be coming to an end, making less certain than before the future of ENTERPRISE and a possible fourth season."

Cinescape ~ Click Here

Again this is only a rumor - it is more probable that this is untrue then true (but who knows)

If this was the real thing would this be good news from your point of view or bad news?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Even though I'm not a Berman fan at all at least he's the devil that I know. What really scares me is the thought of making concessions to UPN. If I thought Ent had problems in the past they may get worse if that happened. Then again a better writer and Exec may take Berman's place. I do believe that his work this season has been almost consistently good

Even though I'm not a Berman fan at all at least he's the devil that I know.  What really scares me is the thought of making concessions to UPN.  If I thought Ent had problems in the past they may get worse if that happened.  Then again a better writer and Exec may take Berman's place.  I do believe that his work this season has been almost consistently good

:huh: Excellent points thank you!

Them calling for the head of B&B never seem to have thought about the chances of replacements making things worse. (I know I know, they'll respond saying anything would be better but they don't know that for sure)

B&B may have caused fans to dissert Trek in droves but they did not do it intentionally, their goal was not to destroy Trek so imo they deserve more time before the ax falls.

It would also help if the disenfranchised fans would be fairer with their critiques all series have some flaws.

I agree with alterego, don't critisise Enterprise if you give it a try its quite good.

BTW, without Berman, would Trek be Trek?

He's done it since TNG, a sort of roddenberry replacement after he died.

Opinions People? :huh:

I need a topic fight! :dude:

I don't honestly get to watch Enterprise enough, but it would appear to me there are some timeline volations that MAY or MAY NOT be attributable to Berman. however, we don't make the call, Paramount does. if they think Berman needs to go, then his desk will be clear within two weeks and someone else's name will appear in the credits.

B&B may have caused fans to dissert Trek in droves but they did not do it intentionally, their goal was not to destroy Trek so imo they deserve more time before the ax falls.

they deserve more time before the ax falls

I want to take this back. From the start of ENT I've held onto faith B&B has a plan for ENT so I want them to remain in power till ENT ends before I say yea or nay to them staying in office.

they deserve more time before the ax falls

I want to take this back. From the start of ENT I've held onto faith B&B has a plan for ENT so I want them to remain in power till ENT ends before I say yea or nay to them staying in office.

I totally agree. I mean, what if they bring in some hotshot and he makes Vulcans the villians, Klingons the allies, destroys Earth, makes the Xindi the galactic superpower, and says, "This is my vision of Star Trek." :eek: At least Berman knows what he's doing. :)

They deserve it...

They never listened to the fan base.

Whenever they try do to a movie they screw it up getting a horrible director or just writing it horribly