Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

TNG or TOS

Which set of films are better or do you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which set of films are better or do you prefer?

• Original Cast Films
    • Next Generation Films

"Oh..I also don't fit TOS Movies and TNG Movies into the Same Caragory. I see them as..well...TOS Movies and TNG Movies"

That was a quotation in a post from Sam The Smuggler in one of my other topics and it got me thinking about the general view of other fans on this subject, hence the poll.

Please, no discussion of who should be in the next film. This poll is to assess the quality of the films as a whole based on script, acting, direction, musical scores, your own personal feelings on the matterb and any other factors you consider important.

I voted TNG movies! I was hoping for 5, but I guess 4 will due. :blink:

Anywho, here's a question I have for old-time Trekkies!

After seeing ST-6 in theaters for the first time, did you think that was the end of the Star Trek movies? How did you feel when you heard there would be a new group of movies based on TNG?

I voted TNG movies. I haven't really seen many TOS movies and I never really had the opportunity to watch TOS on television so I didn't have much interest in the movies when they original came out.

The TOS films. You got The Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country. I do like First Contact. But that is 2 movies to 1. :blink:

i gotta go with the TOS movies....it was all because of Khan that i got into star trek in the first place! without the movies, i never wouldve gone on to watch TOS or next gen.....plus i love how much the first 6 movies really develope the characters in ways that TOS never did...with the next gen movies, they seem to be more about politics and events than about character interaction and development (mainly because they got to do lots of that on the show i think!) BUT its all star trek, and i got nothin` but love for any of em!

Gods, that is a tough one! As much as i love TNG, think that i would have to go with TOS as there were more good ones of them.

Anywho, here's a question I have for old-time Trekkies!

After seeing ST-6 in theaters for the first time, did you think that was the end of the Star Trek movies? How did you feel when you heard there would be a new group of movies based on TNG?

once STTMP came out, i knew that there was going to be new life to Trek and that it woudl be great. I fondly remember crowding around the TV to watch "encounter at farpoint" and how me and all my friends loved it!

Before TNG came out, i was in a star trek fan club that was very excited about the rumors of Star Trek 2...shows you how old and how much and how long i have been into this, huh.

Star Trek lives....Damn right!

I like TNG more on TV then that of TOS, but I think TOS has better and more enjoyable movies. I like that the TOS movies connect to each other more and that’s one thing I believe TNG in the big screen is missing.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I have seen all 10, and I voted for TNG. I really felt that the TNG movies just turned out much better. OK, so that may have a little to do with the fact that I am a TNG fan through and through!

TOS all the way, all had something to offer, II, III,IV, and VI being the best, you cant say that for tng, first contact was the best, and nemesis was good.between tape, and dvd i have all of them but definatley TOS. i gotta get them on DVD now, just so much better than tape. :o :o

TNG is my favorite series but I have to go with the first 6 movies. They are all so good (with the exception of The Final Frontier). The first 6 moveis felt much more like films and less like a high budget TV series. First Contact was good and Nemesis was awesome, but still it's hard to top II, III, or VI.

I voted for the ST films because they are higher in quality than the TNG films. TNG only has one good movie and that is First contact. The rest are mostly just ok but don't have the quality, passion, or brilliance of the others. ST on the other had does with gems like TWOK, TVH, and my favorite TUC.

Also, the characters for the original seem to pay more homage to who they were in the series than the TNG characters. For TNG, it seems that most of them (Picard, Data to name a few) are out of character, and that takes away from a great Television show. The ST characters were portrayed the same way in both which if you want to do a movie from a TV series, thats the way to go. Heck, even The Final Frontier (A movie I actually like) had themes that respected the series like the big 3 and their bond.

This is in response to Picard's question. Yes, I really wanted TUC to be the last film. It's ending made it seem like it was going to be the last film and walking out of the theater, I said if the writers are smart, they will stick to just TV series. When I heard they were going to go with TNG, I had doubts but I went into it with an open mind. However, with the mediocureness of both Nemesis and Insurrection, I really do wish they ended the movies with 6.

Definitely TNG. TOS was great, but I think I'll always have the strongest connection, and feel most at home, with the TNG crew.

I voted for TOS movies. I just thought those movies were much better. I like all 6 of them. My favs are 2,4,6..The only TNG movie that comes close to those 3 is 'First Contact'...I do like TNG and I especially enjoyed watching it on TV for 7 years. They had a lot of good shows. I just think the movies could have been better..

I voted for TOS movies. I just thought those movies were much better. I like all 6 of them. My favs are 2,4,6..The only TNG movie that comes close to those 3 is 'First Contact'...I do like TNG and I especially enjoyed watching it on TV for 7 years. They had a lot of good shows. I just think the movies could have been better..

I don't know what everyone else thinks but I actually quite liked Insurection.

"Insurrection" is the only movie I have never seen until the end I only saw almost half of it I think before I turned of the TV and got quite... angry :laugh::dude:

Despite that I voted for TNG movies because of "First Contact", "Nemesis" and "Generations" (don't know if it is a TOS or TNG movie or both :laugh: maybe both I think...)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Stardate:213501.6

I like the TOS movies alot more.My favorites are 2,4,3,6,5,1 in that order.

"Insurrection" is the only movie I have never seen until the end I only saw almost half of it I think before I turned of the TV and got quite... angry  :dude:  :laugh:

Despite that I voted for TNG movies because of "First Contact", "Nemesis" and "Generations" (don't know if it is a TOS or TNG movie or both  :dude: maybe both I think...)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'd say Generations is a TNG movie with TOS elements in the form of Kirk, Scotty, Chekov, and the Enterprise-B, but the "story" and heavilly featured "cast" are purely TNG. :laugh:

I've seen all of the movies from the begining to now and I must say that I prefer the TOS movies to the TNG movies.

I'm a old timer so I voted for TOS. I was excited that the TNG crew was taking over because I saw that a change was needed and the actors were not getting any younger.