Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Film.

Which was the best odd numbered film?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best odd numbered film?

• The Motion Picture
    • The Search for Spock
    • The Final Frontier
    • Generations
    • Insurection

I find this quite a hard question as I am torn between The Search for Spock and TMP, as I consider both to be good films. Both have good musical scores and while TMP has fantastic special effects for the time, ST3 has some wonderous matte paintings such as the Vulcan setting.

In the end I think I will vote for ST3 but it was a very difficult choice, but the Horner score combined with the visual setting really pushed me to vote for it, even though TMP is the more intellectual story.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I voted for Insurrection. I just really like the story, the setting, Picard, everything.

I like Insurrection of course I've only seen the TNG movies... Insurrection has always been my fav. something about it(to me) is much more exciting than the borg... :blink: and when ever I watch Generations the part where Kirk is sliding down that rock side my brother once said "Hey look he's bobsleding." I always think of that and that just kind of ruins it.. :D

all hail Bev!! :P

I know I'm in the minority here, but I voted for Insurrection.  I just really like the story, the setting, Picard, everything.

I like Insurection too, I thought that the coruption within the Federation could have had something to do with the aliens in Conspiracy, now that would have been a good film.

My list of odd films is as so (in order):

1/ The Search for Spock

2/ The Motion Picture

3/ Insurection

4/ Generations

The Final Frontier was a waste of afilm involving the original cast as so I do not feel it deserves a place in my list!!!

Generations.

I think it was the closest to the actual series in regards to character development than any of the other TNG movies, except for maybe first contact.

I voted for "Search For Spock". The First Star Trek Movie I ever owned.

Oh..I also don't fit TOS Movies and TNG Movies into the Same Caragory. I see them as..well...TOS Movies and TNG Movies :blink:

I voted for Insurrection too. Second would be Generations. I'm just not a Shatner fan so I like the parts of Generations that was strictly TNG and tend to fast-forward through the Kirk parts. No offense meant to the Kirk fans out there.

I, too, voted for Insurrection. It is my second favorite TNG film, next to First Contact, and I really like it. I think it is one of the better Trek films.

I voted for Insurrection...True it is not as good as First Contact or even Nemesis, but I feel that it is the best on this list, IMO.

I voted for Generations. I really liked it (INS was good too, but it was a LITTLE behind GEN. I haven't seen any odd numbered TOS films, yet)

Generations was one of the better ones with the search for spock but V and VII were awful....

Generations was one of the better ones with the search for spock but V and VII were awful....

I must point out your contradiciton for funs sake. I know it was an accident but you said that Generations was one of the best but that VII (also known as Generations) was awful. Oops. So what was the one you meant to say?

Now I think I shall rank mine from favorite to least favorite: (I separate the originals from the TNG's because I think they are like apples and oranges)

Star Trek II: TWOK

Star Trek VI: TUC

Star Trek III:TSFS (tied with TUC)

Star Trek IV:TVH

Star Trek V:TFF (tied with TVH)

Star Trek I:TMP

Star Trek First Contact

Star Trek Nemesis (tied with FC for favorite of TNG's)

Star Trek Insurrection

Star Trek Generations (tied with Insurrection for least favorite of TNG's)

Also, I like almost all of the TNG movies equally whereas with the originals my preference differs on a greater scale

I went with Generations. I love the score and the conflict of the Nexus is very heart wrenching, especially when you think about the lives that Picard and Kirk could have had, but didn't because of there obligations to Star Fleet.

I have never seen why people dislike it.

I liked The Search for Spock with The Motion Picture a close second..I like both of these movies..

I liked Search, Gen, and Ins,,, but i think I'll have to vote for Generations (barely, though).

I always go with a TNG movie if it is possible :grin:

Because I have chosen to ignore Insurrection ( :assimilated::assimilated: ), Generations gets my vote. I like the movie, though it's not my fave TNG movie. But it's a very good one (IMO).

Mrs. Captain Picard

I like Generations the best out of the ones listed. I really like the 'passing of the torch' idea that does goes along with this movie and I enjoyed seeing the Enterprise-B and the refit Enterprise-D. I think one of the best parts of the movie is how funny Data is. That life forms song is hilarious. I also enjoyed the destruction of the Enterprise-D, not because I don't like the ship, just because it was a cool scene. Generations was also the first Star Trek movie I saw in theatres.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Insurrection was also my choice in this group. But I pretty much liked all the movies, because I liked seeing the crews again!

I grew up with TOS, but I also enjoyed TNG very much. It was good to see both in "Generations". Also, I liked Malcolm McDowell.