Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

Best Star Trek moment

Out of all the Star Trek films, we all have certain things that we just love, for one reason or another.

Probably mine would have to Spock's funeral, first Kirk's coment about "Of all the souls I have ever encountered, his was the most...human." almost brings a tear to my eye, and then the score playing 'Amazing Grace' is just unbelievably touching. I can't watch that with out getting goose-bumps all up and down my body.

Stardate:21482.8

The End of Star Trek II.When the Enterprise rides off into the sunset and Sulu asked where they were heading and he said"Second Star to the Right and Straight on till Morning.

Afterwards we here Spocks Voice "Space the final frontier..........."

Awsome

Stardate:21482.8

The End of Star Trek II.When the Enterprise rides off into the sunset and Sulu asked where they were heading and he said"Second Star to the Right and Straight on till Morning.

Afterwards we here Spocks Voice "Space the final frontier..........."

Awsome

I think you have ST II and ST VI mixed up. Spock's recital "Space the final..." was at the end of ST II..But Kirk's "Second star to the right..." was at the end of ST VI. And Sulu wasn't on the bridge.He was Captain of the Excelsior..

Anyway, the best Star Trek moment for me will always be Spock's funeral..I will never forget Kirks words and the playing of Amazing Grace..First time I ever cried in a movie theatre..And I still get teary eyed when I see it..Very powerful stuff..

"Of my friend I can only say this. Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most..HUMAN.."

Yeah, the funeral is a very special moment.

One sence I also like very much: When Kirks holds back Bones in his attempt to rescue Edith Keeler in "City on the edge of forever" and Spocks says "he knows that". That scene also belongs to the best moments.

Not sure which moment's the best, but one good one for me is the infamous "Dinner Party" and the scenes after it in STVI. :cloud9:

Not sure which moment's the best, but one good one for me is the infamous "Dinner Party" and the scenes after it in STVI. :clap:

Oh yes. Kirk comparing General Chang to Hitler was so diplomatic.

Edited by Commander Ericks

i liked the part in FC were worf is like, "assimilate this!" hehe and i like datas life forms song! :clap: thats the best! i also liked when data sings in nem, and i also like when the admiral janeway and the queen are basicly dieng in the last ep..

:clap:

My favorite part is in Star Trek: Nemisis. It is the part when the Enterprise collides with the the Reamen ship.

Powreal

The most memorable scene for me was Spock's death scene near the end of Star Trek II. I have the movie on DVD, have probably watched it a hundred times, and that scene still brings a tear to my eye. IMHO, it's William Shatner's best performance ever!

Spock: "I have been...and always shall be...your friend. Live long and prosper

Captain."

Kirk: "NO!"

:clap:

Edited by mrskirk

For me, I think its either the toast at the end of Nemesis or Picard's line "In his quest to be more like us, he showed us what it truly means to be human". I can't watch those scenes without getting teary.

My favorite scene would be right after the Enterprise rammed the Scimitar and the ships separate. We see all that debris floating into space and you just look at the Enterprise and wonder how the heck they can fly it home.

My second favorite scene: "Oh, Sh**!"

I thought that the opening space battle between the Borg Cube and the Starfleet Armada in First Contact was pretty cool. So many new designs of starship and it began what in my opinion is the greatest Trek movie. "Those were the days"

:laugh::rofl::bow:

To me there's several, the first one to come to mind though was

Kirk: "Fire!"

Chang Stands: "To Be..... Or Not To Be..."

Sulu: "Target that explosion and fire!"

I agree with everyone who said Spock's funeral and also the part before that when Kirk and Spock were talking and Spock was dying... :grin: I get way to emotional. I also think that one of the most powerful moments was in STVI, that scene in the darkened sickbay where Spock says, "What you want is irrelevant, what you have chosen is at hand."

Well, alot of great stuff was already mentioned, so I'll give the prelude to VABeachguy's post. I'll have to go with Spock and McCoy performing surgery on that torpedo.

"We've got a heartbeat"

"She's ready Jim, lock and load."

Chang: "I am constant as the northern star."

McCoy: "I'd give real money if he'd shut-up."

Well, two moments come to mind..

The death of Spock in ST II and Picards speech in First Contact, "...the line must be drawn here"

i have many

#1. Was when kirk and company meet God. ST5 (What does God need with a starship)

#2. Was when kirk and picard meet in generations.

#3. Was the entire move ST4 soo many funny lines

The scene in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country ( is it right after the dinner party?) when Chancellor Gorkon (sp?) says to Kirk that... "if there is to be a brave new world, it is our generation that will have the most difficult time living in it."

I know that quote is not exactly right. But it was such a profound statement. They have to make changes in the prime of their lives they do not really want to make. They have to live with those changes. When they are older the younger generations will have no clue beyond what they disinterestedly read in a history book of how different relationships were then, and what their elders went through to bring about that change.

But before Kirk has the chance to digest dinner or the thought from the pensive Klingon Chancellor, they are in the middle of an attack which appears to be instigated by the Enterprise...

I admire that movie which has the perfect mix of action, intrigue, and profundity: "The undiscovered country...the future."

Edited by mjham