Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Why did the Borg become interrested in us?

Some say that there's a causallity loop, that the events of "Regeneration" caused "Q, Who?" which later causes First Contact, leading us to "Regeneration". Thus, a timeloop.

Others say that the Borg found the Federation by sending a cube deep in space on a reconnasiance mission.

Then there's the rumor that a cube was near Federation space in the 2350's on a reconnassiance mission, ended up assimilating the Raven, Seven's parent's ship, and then returned in "Q, Who?" to investigate.

Which of the above theries to you guys think is the probably, original reason for the Borg to be interrested in Humanity?

My theory is that the the Hansons, Seven's parents, had heard about the rumors of the Borg from the El-Aurrian refugees, rescued by the Enterprise-B from the Nexus energy ribbon. So, the Hansons take their ship, the Raven, and go investigate these rumors. They find a cube on a reconassiance mission, but go missing before they can report their findings. This explains how Seven of Nine came to be without conflicting TNG's first contact with the Borg.

Years later, the Borg decide to investigate this Federation of which the Human vessel came from "The Neutral Zone". While on their way back, the Enterprise-D is flung, by Q, in their path and flung back to Federation space just before the Borg assimilate the ship. Since the Borg don't know Q is repsonsible for the Enterprise moving so fast, they head back to investigate.

"The Best of Both Worlds", the Borg make their first invassion.

Star Trek: First Contact, the Borg make their second invassion. The Enterprise-E and a fleet of Starfleet ships destroy the cube. As the cube explodes, a sphere is launched to engage a backup plan - assimilate Earth of the past, but the Enterprise-E follows them back in time and foils their plans.

"Regeneration", in the past, two surviving Borg drones are awaken from an icey grave by Earth scientists. We have the whole Borg/NX-01 encounter, but before the Borg transport is destroyed, they get Earth's coordinates out, which will take about 200 years to reach the collective.

My theory: First Contact and "Regeneration" alterred the timeline so that the Borg not only investigate the Federation due to assimilating the Hansens, but also becuase of a 200-year-old distress signal. In other words, I believe in the alterred-timeline theory, not the time-loop. :rolleyes:

What about you guys?

This is a great theory. But I like the time loop better. Any time there's a temporal paradox you can use it to explain ALL the inconsistancies in star trek.

One problem with the El Aurian theory.  If they did start rumors about the Borg, how is it that the Hansens, as civilians, heard about them and everyone on the Enterprise D (except for Guinan) was clueless about them?

In "The Raven" and "Dark Frontier", we learn that the Hansens were civilians, not Starfleet, and were chasing after rumors of these "Borg" that the El-Aurrians survived. Starfleet didn't help, and they barely got assistance from the Federation, they were mostly on their own.

Think of today, would the government really admit to aliens and the supposed Roswell crash if it had happened? I feel it's the same way with the Federation and the Borg.

To me Its the Timeloop paradox.

Its a bit messy

Where ST:FC leads to Enterprise leads to TNG - Voyager

The Borg first know us in their point of view is VIA the message sent by themselves 24th Century Drones from the past in 2152. After the nearest Vessel intercepted the message, they in their own way was intrigued as to why their drones are so far away & set off to find this Species 5618 the Drones mentioned of.

After Archer's experience, 2 centuries or bit lesser has past, the data on their encounter is covered with dust & forgotten. Except for a curious few, the Hensens. Who later start of their journey at the year 2355, after learning the Cyborg's name VIA any El-Aurians or rumors.

But before the Hensens, around 62 years ago at 2293 A Cube assimilated Guinan's world. After assimilation they went around the sectors first before pursuing for Sector 001. After all Humans weren't a priority at that time yet, so they seek out any potential races around that sector for assimilation.

After 70 years at TNG's 1st season's ending time, a Cube reached the Romulan Neutral Zone & assimilated a Fed & Rom Outpost. After assimilating them unnoticed they realized that Species 5618 is nothing special at all, just another primitive culture, so they just turn their back on us & headed back.

Next year later, Q lost his temper due to human's arrogance, he snapped the Ent-D to the nearest Cube, [presumably the same Cube that assimilated the Outposts at the Neutral Zone which was currently 7,000 light-years away from their present location] There Picard made the first "Official" meeting with the Borg. [Archer's meeting is merely a mysterious meeting]

Now here's where the Borg 1st got interested in us more then usual. They in their own way, are intrigued more as to how we appeared out of no where in a split second with no any type of trail at all. So they target the ship for assimilation. Which later ending of "Q Who?" the Ent-D again disappeared to no where in a second. Now that really got their full attention, especially the Queen of the Borg.

She has "how should i put it", found a perfect equal for her. For such a unique race. So they pick the leader of that ship they met which so happens to be the Flagship of the Federation "Captain Jean Luc Picard"

"No, not you C.J.L.P. :clap:"

They assimilated him into Locutus & created a graveyard at Wolf 359 & got tricked by the Ent-D Crew & the Queen self-destructed the Cube before any tech could be stolen. At the end of "Best Of Both Worlds" unknowingly to even Picard himself, he have a feeling they are coming again & soon. He also felt the Queen but deny that feeling due to his anger with the Borg, hence he forgotten her.

Mean while a Cube on its course to earth all the way from the Unicomplex along with the Queen took 6 years to reach Earth, where Voyager could have taken 60 something years without the Hub's help.

At 2373 The Cube reached Sector 001 & got destroyed in battle thanks to the new Sovereign Class ship & Picard's connection with the Hive mind to find out a location where the Cube's shield are failing.

After the Sphere ejected, they started a plan of heading to earth's past. & so goes the ST:FC movie.

“To our primitive thinking we thought they wanted to rid of us from the past”

[To me I think the Borg wasn't intending to assimilate earth for real, they are just fulfilling their duty to complete a temporal loop they understand in Temporal Mechanics. The reason they attacked earth is to draw the Enterprise-E to follow them, so they will do what they have to do too.] But the Federation Officers didn't know about the loop like the Borg did.

But 1 thing the Borg didn't know is when the message is sent to the Delta Quadrant. Because the message they received are degraded due to the distance it took to reach the nearest Borg Vessel. So the Queen assumed that they have to send the message now. But since it failed 1 thing led to another, which ended the movie itself.

Then 100 years later 2152, those Drones are found on earth by human scientists & those Drones carried out their last known mission they had from their Queen. "Contact the Borg in the Delta Quadrant" so they did 'in a way :)" Hence completing the temporal loop.

Sorry i lost track of the main point, :)

Ok, so the main reason they are interested in us is because of

1. The unique things we do. [What they didn't realize was that it was Q who did that unique jump]

2. How a weak race like us manage to survive them again & again & again. :)

So IMHO, the Borg have planned to study this "humanity" of ours. Hence they used & spared Voyager's life to study them. All would have gone well, if the Admiral hadn't interfered her plans & got the Hub destroyed. But 1 way or the other, in that 4 years time, they learn much about Humanity about how they are able to work with Drones in Scorpion, 7 of 9, the other drones they met, etc. Which leads me to think there’s a possible peace can be made with the original Borg, "not the renegades" I think the Borg will soon realize their method will eventually lead to nothing left to do after assimilating the galaxy, if not the Universe

So they have to find a new way of finding perfection. Example:

Ridiculus idea:

Click for Spoiler:

Meeting a species, assimilating some not all of the population [Volunteers] & the relevant technologies, then later leave the race alone to develop more. Which later they can come back to assimilate more of that race's progress.

This is much better because, they still have those individuals to progress on for them to assimilate new tech again from the same race, rather then depending on other races they haven't met yet. [if u know what i mean]

Those Volunteers also will mean they need to change some rules in the Hive Mind's workings. Lots of stuff to recalculate.

& since they can reproduce in a way like Voyager "Drone", that will solve their population requirements since they have an opportunity Cost of leaving the species not fully assimilated for crew.

But it'll be a long time before that will happen.

PS:

Click for Spoiler:

The first humans ever seen a Borg is Lily from ST:FC, The Scientists are 2nd, The Hensens are 3rd & Picard is 4th. [in the timeline]

Though Picard's is 4th, but he's is the first official contact with the Borg, hence 1st for the Federation. Since everyone else, didn't make it back to tell the full tale.

lol, very confusing eh my writing.

As it said in many episodes they were not interested as much in assimilating humans as getting their technology... Edited by Deta

Hmm...  I should do a poll.  Did the ST:FC & "Regeneration" create a timeloop paradox or an alterred timeline?  Good poll idea?

Not quite, it may cause chaos. :)

anyway, how's that going to prove anything. we need a direct contact with all Borg writers to answer this. :borgqueen: :) :clap:

I believe time is nonlinear. However, except for the Q, the Borg, the El Aurians and the Travelers, Star Trek species are linear beings and are only capable of observing time in a linear fashion.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I believe in all time paradoxes, linear & non-linears.

they all exist together.& separately. Its unpredictable as how it will work, but its predictable when u determined which one is at work. :clap:

:(

Here's what I wrote on "time paradoxes", not sure if its same topic or not.

"Time"

People always ask this very question.

Harry: "Wait a second, If I send a message from the future & change the past, then that future may no longer exist, right. So how could I send the message in the first place?"

In order to answer this, we need the "multi universe" theory's help. Where

[with every choice made the universe is separated to unlimited of different universes based on the choices made & proceeds on with its own course of time.]

Example

We'll be focusing on Voyager "Timeless" as its the best example.

PS: Please ignore the dots (`), its to keep far apart words stay apart.

```````````````````````````Year 2390

``````````````````````(15 years after Harry`````[Geordi Laforge

``````````````````````& Chakotay got back)`````````a Captain]

````````````````````````````````\/`````````````````````\/

Alternate reality >_____________________________________________

````````````````````````````````/

```````````````````````````````/

They both have`````````````````/```````````````````They both have

Same History``````````````````/```````````````````different Future

````````````````````````````/

```````````````````````````/

Normal Reality....>_____________________________________________

``````````````````````````/\````````````````````````````/\

```````````````````````Year 2375``````````````Year 2378 "Endgame"

```````````````(Voyager attempted Quantum

````````````````````Slipstream Drive)

As you can see, this 2 lines represent 2 different Timelines intersecting with one another in a certain time [2390 & 2375]

My theory is, when a timeline has been changed, the previous Universe hasn't been destroyed. It is still there thriving. So Laforge's fear was unjustified, he could just let Chakotay, Harry Kim & the Girl to do their business & they will all still be alive & living in that timeline they knew after Voyager's crash.

While another Reality where Voyager hasn't crashed but exited the slipstream just in time is created to live long & prosper.

But theres a catch to altering the timeline, a very big catch, which the cost is the alterer's life in this case "Harry Kim, The Doc, Chakotay & his Girlfriend.

The reason for their life to end is to prevent themselves from realtering their own plans. Meaning,

Say Geordi let them live & do what they want, & Harry succeeded in saving Voyager. But they will not realize it, because their reality will still remain & they'd think they have failed & try again, & by doing so they could be creating more different universes still trying to save Voyager that they already have.

That is why the alterer must die, to prevent themselves from undermining their own actions. & with the other reality in existence, that is how the event keeps repeating it self to save Voyager, Harry's other reality self is what is saving Voyager again & again & again & ...

So for those who wants to alter the timeline, they would have to be prepared to die as well.

"Yesterday's Enterprise"

In this episode, this have proven the continuous existence of another reality when the altered one lives on with their lives, at the ending they saw the a ship (The Enterprise-C) appeared & disappeared, showing that they saw a glimpse of another reality to create the reality they know of & live in.

"Time & Again"

Here have 3 timelines in question,

The 1st one is where a Voyager help destroyed the world

The 2nd the one that a Voyager found the destroyed world & entered to their past & stopped the disaster

The 3rd one is where a Voyager came & saw no destruction that Kes felt.

"Future's End"

Here have 3 timelines too

1st the one where Captain Braxton sees the destruction of the future by Voyager's interference

2nd is the one Braxton tries to destroy Voyager - got suck to the past with Voyager - He explains the situation to Janeway & Chakotay - with the warning they prevent the incident that was suppose to happen

3rd is where things got back to normal the way we know it as normal where another Braxton came to put Voyager back to its normal time 2373 the 21st century businessman died.

"Before and After"

2 timelines only

1st Kes's future as being married to Tom

2nd After Kes stops jumping backwards or forwards & creates a new timeline where she will leave Voyager on "The Gift"

Maybe because of this is what triggered Kes abilities to resurface faster then it should, that's why here she left in The Gift while in the other reality she's still on Voyager.

"Year of Hell"

Who knows how many timelines are there here, but there are 3 Voyagers

1st they came & confronted a tiny ship threatening them

2nd time changed & the tiny ship becomes a battleship

3rd after taking their temporal shields off, Janeway destroyed the Time weapon & died while creating a new reality where Voyagers ok, The Krenim scientist & his wife are alive together.

"Timeless"

As shown & explained in the above. 2 timelines

1st Voyager crash & Chakotay & Kim tried to change the timeline with the older Harry Kim & Chakotay dead

2nd Voyager didn't crash & the young Harry Kim got message from another reality Harry Kim 15 years older.

"Endgame"

2 timelines

Similar to "Timeless"

1st Voyager took 30 something years or less to get home

2nd Voyager took 7 Years to get home with Admiral Janeway dead

Edited by vold

I agree that timelines may create alternate realities. However, let's use the episode "Timeless" for example.

In 2390, we see an older Chakotay and Harry locate a crashed and burried Voyager on an ice planet. They're attempted to change the past. Captain LaForge didn't want Chakotay and Harry to change the past. Why? Becuase 15 years of history would be erased. Sure, it might exist in some alternate reallity, but LaForge isn't in that reallity, he's in this one. As soon as Harry sends that message back in time, the Delta Flyer explodes and the timeline as of 2375 is "reset" erasing 2375-2390.

What I'm saying is yes, time travel allows "other reallities" to pop up, but in the "Star Trek" reallity, you only have one timeline at a time which is why we have the Temporal Prime Directive - to keep people from messing arround with history. :rofl: Think of it like this. What if Kes had succeeded in "Fury" and handed Voyager over to the Vadiians? The crew would be dead, the Vadiians would have a lost Starfleet ship, Seven would still be Borg, the Borg rebellion would never have happened, Species 8472 might be invading the galaxy, and so forth. This would be "our reallity" but changed.

Any questions?

i can answer this one as i am LOTB,

it was all a master plan brought down through the ages, from our ancestors, after we found a small planet and planted some of our own on it. You are the borg, thats why we come after you, to "reclaim" our lost "posetions"(i know i spelt that wrong). so you see, if you just come with us, all will be brought to the light.

I agree that timelines may create alternate realities.  However, let's use the episode "Timeless" for example.

In 2390, we see an older Chakotay and Harry locate a crashed and burried Voyager on an ice planet.  They're attempted to change the past.  Captain LaForge didn't want Chakotay and Harry to change the past.  Why?  Becuase 15 years of history would be erased.  Sure, it might exist in some alternate reallity, but LaForge isn't in that reallity, he's in this one.  As soon as Harry sends that message back in time, the Delta Flyer explodes and the timeline as of 2375 is "reset" erasing 2375-2390.

What I'm saying is yes, time travel allows "other reallities" to pop up, but in the "Star Trek" reallity, you only have one timeline at a time which is why we have the Temporal Prime Directive - to keep people from messing arround with history. :rofl: Think of it like this.  What if Kes had succeeded in "Fury" and handed Voyager over to the Vadiians?  The crew would be dead, the Vadiians would have a lost Starfleet ship, Seven would still be Borg, the Borg rebellion would never have happened, Species 8472 might be invading the galaxy, and so forth.  This would be "our reallity" but changed.

Any questions?

That's where you misunderstood me, Geordi like all of them & us are all living in every of the universes in different paths of our lives.

He said that sentence, because he do not know how time works. So might as well say what people have been thinking all along. After what Chakotay & Kim did it didn't changed the past 15 history, its still there for that Geordi to live in.

& live he is, he's still there watching the shuttle explode, did some scans & then return to Starfleet to report what happened, in their knowledge they failed. Chakotay & Kim should thank Geordi for killing them, because if he hadn't killed them, they wouldn't realize that they did succeed to create the better universe because they will still exist in their own & wonder why things haven't changed, when there is no change, only a creation of a new one.

Yes if Kes succeeded then all those things will happen, but also u got to keep in mind, they are all happening now too, if there's a similar episode in TNG, where they met their own self from other universes. You'd see some of this

1. Voyager Assimilated.

2. In worst condition [nightmare] or better [piece of cake]

3. Kes still with them or not at all.

4. Chakotay & Janeway was left on that world because Tuvok hadn't chose to find the Vidians.

5. 8472 cleansed the galaxy, or at least the Borg.

6. Borg rules

7. Voyager chose to go 20 years back in time through that wormhole they found in "Eye of the Needle"

8. etc.

all this are happening, all the choices they could have made are being made. But the point is, we are focusing on 1 universe & whatever happens to it. If they made an alteration idea, then we are switched to that new universe that's being created & see where that takes us.

Its as simple as that, if time travel is real. IMHO there may be lots of "changes" attempts, but we don't realize any changes [no not because our mind is changed along with it] but because we are not being changed, our reality is intact while the time alterer is living in the universe where he had made the change.

:borgqueen:

:P

Edited by vold

I agree that timelines may create alternate realities.  However, let's use the episode "Timeless" for example.

In 2390, we see an older Chakotay and Harry locate a crashed and burried Voyager on an ice planet.  They're attempted to change the past.  Captain LaForge didn't want Chakotay and Harry to change the past.  Why?  Becuase 15 years of history would be erased.  Sure, it might exist in some alternate reallity, but LaForge isn't in that reallity, he's in this one.  As soon as Harry sends that message back in time, the Delta Flyer explodes and the timeline as of 2375 is "reset" erasing 2375-2390.

What I'm saying is yes, time travel allows "other reallities" to pop up, but in the "Star Trek" reallity, you only have one timeline at a time which is why we have the Temporal Prime Directive - to keep people from messing arround with history. :) Think of it like this.  What if Kes had succeeded in "Fury" and handed Voyager over to the Vadiians?  The crew would be dead, the Vadiians would have a lost Starfleet ship, Seven would still be Borg, the Borg rebellion would never have happened, Species 8472 might be invading the galaxy, and so forth.  This would be "our reallity" but changed.

Any questions?

That's where you misunderstood me, Geordi like all of them & us are all living in every of the universes in different paths of our lives.

I understood just fine, but that future, in the known Trek reallity, no longer exists. It may in an identical reallity, but not in the one we see.

He said that sentence, because he do not know how time works. So might as well say what people have been thinking all along. After what Chakotay & Kim did it didn't changed the past 15 history, its still there for that Geordi to live in.

Are you saying you know hiw time travel works? No one does nor will till a time machine is constructed. Chakotay and Kim changed the past 15 years of history. That "version" of Geordi may still exist, then again, he might be captain of another ship, dead, or who knows.

& live he is, he's still there watching the shuttle explode, did some scans & then return to Starfleet to report what happened, in their knowledge they failed. Chakotay & Kim should thank Geordi for killing them, because if he hadn't killed them, they wouldn't realize that they did succeed to create the better universe because they will still exist in their own & wonder why things haven't changed, when there is no change, only a creation of a new one.

Sure, he'll probably still be alive in 2390. However, the Delta Flyer never made it back to the Alpha Quadrant becuase it was destroyed by a Borg tactical cube in "Unimatrix Zero, Part I". They didn't "create" a better universe, they changed history, thus the future show in "Timeless" will not happen.

Yes if Kes succeeded then all those things will happen, but also u got to keep in mind, they are all happening now too, if there's a similar episode in TNG, where they met their own self from other universes. You'd see some of this

That's true, in some "other" reallity, Kes would have succeeded, but in the known reallity, she didn't.

all this are happening, all the choices they could have made are being made. But the point is, we are focusing on 1 universe & whatever happens to it. If they made an alteration idea, then we are switched to that new universe that's being created & see where that takes us.

That's bull. What you're talking about is travelling to other reallities, not time trave. B) If they travel back in time, it alters their reallity, not pops them into another reallity. You're not making any sense.

Its as simple as that, if time travel is real. IMHO there may be lots of "changes" attempts, but we don't realize any changes [no not because our mind is changed along with it] but because we are not being changed, our reality is intact while the time alterer is living in the universe where he had made the change.

Well, in my opinion, I think you're wrong. I believe that if you go back in time, you change "this" reallity. You seem to have some kind of pre-conception that time cannot be changed, but it can. Time is a tangable thing with a beginning and an end, it can be changed as well. So, if I went back in time and prevented VBG from creating STF, you wouldn't be sitting there wonderring where I went to, you would never have been here in the first place. B)

Guest Guest
1. I understood just fine, but that future, in the known Trek reallity, no longer exists.  It may in an identical reallity, but not in the one we see.

2. That "version" of Geordi may still exist, then again, he might be captain of another ship, dead, or who knows.

3. However, the Delta Flyer never made it back to the Alpha Quadrant becuase it was destroyed by a Borg tactical cube in "Unimatrix Zero, Part I".  They didn't "create" a better universe, they changed history, thus the future show in "Timeless" will not happen.

4. That's true, in some "other" reallity, Kes would have succeeded, but in the known reallity, she didn't.

5. That's bull.  What you're talking about is travelling to other reallities, not time trave. B) If they travel back in time, it alters their reallity, not pops them into another reallity.  You're not making any sense.

6. Well, in my opinion, I think you're wrong.  I believe that if you go back in time, you change "this" reallity.  You seem to have some kind of pre-conception that time cannot be changed, but it can.  Time is a tangable thing with a beginning and an end, it can be changed as well.  So, if I went back in time and prevented VBG from creating STF, you wouldn't be sitting there wonderring where I went to, you would never have been here in the first place. B)

You still don't get it do you, i'm just saying they all exist ok, i'm not saying what we are seeing are those.

OK,

1. I know what we see is where Captain Geordi don't exist, how hard is it for u to understand that i understand that, all i say is he do exist in another universe that's all, how can u think i think that he still exist in the same universe.

sheesh, u keep talking like i say he's existing in the same universe we are watching, you're creating problems out of nothing. What's the point of saying something, which i myself said it already.

2. I'm saying all the version exists in the infinite universes, as for this current one, that depends. I'm not saying he "WILL" be a captain.

3. "HELLO" Timeless is 1 season before "Unimatrix 0" so what are you talking about, it got destroyed & Timeless never existed. You got your timeline backwards. & if u haven't noticed either, they rebuild a new Delta Flyer after "Unimatrix 0"

4. I know that, u know that, we all know that so why are you saying it for? I was just describing, that there are other universes where she does those things & not. I know the current one she didn't. Again you are talking like I said the current one, she did trash Voyager.

5. Not traveling to other realities. I said, when they went to the past, its still the same line, when they changed it, its a new line with a different future. The old line was left behind to still exist. When the travelor returns to his time, he's still in the new line with the changes he made.

That's if you go to the past personally. If you did what Harry & Chakotay did, change the past without being there personally, they won't realize the change because they are not with it to can lock into that time frequency to return back to their time in that line.

There's 2 ways of changing the timeline & have 2 results.

1. Go & change personaly will bring u there too.

2. Stay & change remotely will make the change but you won't realize it cause you aren't there to witness it.

6. you see, your same words over & over is exactly what i mean in the 1st type of time changing as i state above, changing the timeline personally.

I'm in a lousy mood at the moment,

B) :)

I told you i was in a lousy mood, i forgot to log in again. :)

anyway 1 more thing i want to add, I'm not saying my theory is 100% correct.

I'm only complaining that you did not understand what i mean & keep saying wrong things about what i mean. that's all

B)

1. I understood just fine, but that future, in the known Trek reallity, no longer exists.  It may in an identical reallity, but not in the one we see.

2. That "version" of Geordi may still exist, then again, he might be captain of another ship, dead, or who knows.

3. However, the Delta Flyer never made it back to the Alpha Quadrant becuase it was destroyed by a Borg tactical cube in "Unimatrix Zero, Part I".  They didn't "create" a better universe, they changed history, thus the future show in "Timeless" will not happen.

4. That's true, in some "other" reallity, Kes would have succeeded, but in the known reallity, she didn't.

5. That's bull.  What you're talking about is travelling to other reallities, not time trave. B) If they travel back in time, it alters their reallity, not pops them into another reallity.  You're not making any sense.

6. Well, in my opinion, I think you're wrong.  I believe that if you go back in time, you change "this" reallity.  You seem to have some kind of pre-conception that time cannot be changed, but it can.  Time is a tangable thing with a beginning and an end, it can be changed as well.  So, if I went back in time and prevented VBG from creating STF, you wouldn't be sitting there wonderring where I went to, you would never have been here in the first place. :)

You still don't get it do you, i'm just saying they all exist ok, i'm not saying what we are seeing are those.

OK,

1. I know what we see is where Captain Geordi don't exist, how hard is it for u to understand that i understand that, all i say is he do exist in another universe that's all, how can u think i think that he still exist in the same universe.

Of coarse he exists in another universe, but we're discussing time travel, not alternate reallities.

sheesh, u keep talking like i say he's existing in the same universe we are watching, you're creating problems out of nothing. What's the point of saying something, which i myself said it already.

You're saying that he "still exists" while Chakotay and Harry create a new reallity where Voyager doesn't crash into an ice planet. This doesn't make sense. What does make sense would be that Captain LaForge's timeline ceases to exist, replaced by a new timeline where Voyager drops out of slipstream drive and doesn't crash into an ice planet.

2. I'm saying all the version exists in the infinite universes, as for this current one, that depends. I'm not saying he "WILL" be a captain.

Again, we're talking time travel, not other reallities.

3. "HELLO" Timeless is 1 season before "Unimatrix 0" so what are you talking about, it got destroyed & Timeless never existed. You got your timeline backwards. & if u haven't noticed either, they rebuild a new Delta Flyer after "Unimatrix 0"

I know "Timeless" is a season before "Unimatriz, Zero". OK, somehow I goofed there. B) Yes, I know they rebuild a new Delta Flyer.

4. I know that, u know that, we all know that so why are you saying it for? I was just describing, that there are other universes where she does those things & not. I know the current one she didn't. Again you are talking like I said the current one, she did trash Voyager.

Why do you keep bringing up alternate reallities?

5. Not traveling to other realities. I said, when they went to the past, its still the same line, when they changed it, its a new line with a different future. The old line was left behind to still exist. When the travelor returns to his time, he's still in the new line with the changes he made.

If there's a new timeline, the old timeline ceases to exist. What's your reason to think the old one still exists?

That's if you go to the past personally. If you did what Harry & Chakotay did, change the past without being there personally, they won't realize the change because they are not with it to can lock into that time frequency to return back to their time in that line.

Actually, that future Harry and Chakotay cease to exist the moment they send the signal back in time. They wouldn't be sitting there wonderring why nothing changed becuase that future would never have happened to begin with.

There's 2 ways of changing the timeline & have 2 results.

1. Go & change personaly will bring u there too.

2. Stay & change remotely will make the change but you won't realize it cause you aren't there to witness it.

1. If you go back into the past and make changes to the timeline, you are no longer a component of the future, thus aren't effected.

2. If you're in the future and send a "message" back in time, you would't be aware of the changes becuase you'd be part of that "alterred future". Heck, if the message changes things enough, you might not even exist anymore. B)

6. you see, your same words over & over is exactly what i mean in the 1st type of time changing as i state above, changing the timeline personally.

What I'm saying is that if you change the past, the future changes. What you're saying is that if you change the past, you're actually creating a reallity with the changed future while departed the reallity where you came from with an unchanged future. Correct?

I'm in a lousy mood at the moment

No harm done. :)

I believe it would be more like this using timeless for an example

________________voy crash_______________chakotay+harry send signal}

\

\

{\___________________end game_____________________

I believe that when a temporal "reset" occurs (some one alters the past) that time line ends... it didn't never exhist... it just stops exhisting when it is deflected... this means that the new "end game" time line exhist because the old time line is destroyed this means that only one time line goes on "forever" but there can be branchs where ever some one alters the time line meaning that in the end it might look like this:

-----------

-------- / \

/ ------------ ----------

----------------- / \

\ / ------------------------------

---------------------- \

\ ----------------------------

-----------------------------------

\

-------

confusing but thats the way my brain is

From what I gathered of the Hansen's journey, they started tracking the Borg after Q Who and the cases of missing outposts along the Romulan Neutral Zone. It might have seemed longer ago than it was, since Seven was placed in a maturation chamber which sped up her growth. I think she only spent a couple years in the chamber. They didn't have Starfleet's help, because Starfleet didn't know what to do and thought that the Borg should be avoided at all costs.

The Hensens began their journey 10 years before "Q Who?"

7 was with the Borg for 18 years. She'd be around 23 or 24 when Voyager found her if not for the maturation chamber.

with the Maturation chamber she's maybe 30 something "biologically". But 1 thing for sure is she was 6 when assimilated & Icheb stated that 7 of 9 has been with the Borg for 18 years.

That's way past "Q Who?" episode.

2365 - 2373 is only 8 years apart, so by being with the Borg for 18 years, is already surpassed even the "Neutral Zone" episode.

:blink: