~Crims~

Favorite Cardassian

Who is Your Favorite Cardassian from DS9  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Your Favorite Cardassian from DS9

• Gul Dukat
    • Garak
    • Damar

Pretty simple question. I always thought Dukat and Garak were amazing... and Damar brought a whole new style of Cardassian to the show as well.

I initially thought I would vote for Dukat because of how he handled his relationship with his daughter. But then I started thinking about Garak. He is a great character. I like his aloofness, his mystery, his couching everything in riddles and his friendship with Bashir. Gotta go with Garak.

Well i know this is slightly off topic but my favourite Cardassian in all was Seska in Voyager. Boy was she a true villain. Vengeful, corrrupt, sneaky and always always always coming back - even when dead! I loved her. On DS9 i liked the simple tailor himself, Garak. Probobly because he was different: there was a sneaky 'twinkle' about him...

I must say that I think Garak is the only character that I like on DS9, other than Worf who is not really a DS9 character anyway. Garak humour was the only one that I found amusing especially his line that "wounds will heal but I got off several insults that will last a lifetime", or something like that.

gotta go with GARAK :o he was intriguing cloaked in unsuredness of who he was. didnt know if he was good or bad. or waiting for his moment to be bad. his relation with bashir was great they kept you watching.Dukat was ok but Garak was the best. cant remember who damar was.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER :o

gotta go with GARAK :o  he was intriguing cloaked in unsuredness of who he was. didnt know if he was good or bad. or waiting for his moment to be bad. his relation with bashir was great they kept you watching.Dukat was ok but Garak was the best. cant remember who damar was.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER :o

Ditto to all. Who was Damar? :bow:

Ditto to all. Who was Damar? :o

It sounds from his bio at st.com that he was Dukat's right hand man.

DS957404.jpg

Ditto to all. Who was Damar? :o

It sounds from his bio at st.com that he was Dukat's right hand man.

DS957404.jpg

Oh Yeah! I remember him now, thanks Takara. Although he would follow Dukats orders, seems he was always kinda wishing Dukat would back off and had a unspoken knowledge that someday Dukat was going to be paid a visit by Karma. :o

I voted for Garak because he was one of the most complex and interesting characters on the show. I was close to voting for Dukat, but because it turned into a one-demensional Pah-Wraith radical, I didn't.

One of my favorite Cardassians was Legate Ghemor from the episodes "Second Skin" and "Ties of Blood and Water",but thats also because I know him in real life.His name is Larry Pressman,he's a really nice guy that I had the pleasure of working with on the stage production of "Long Days Journey Into Night".

all three were great, and their characters developed alot along all the way. more than any other group it is easy to see how they all changed with the circumstances and made things happen.

Granted they where all 3 great characters. However Dukat was like the PERFECT VILLAN! Damar is a true hero, and Garak... well... heh he is a class of his own :wub:

(PS. wasnt Dukat the Cardassian on bridge the Enterprise in the Episode where the USS Phoenix was deystryoing all of the Cardassian ships... and Picard had to intercept him? I know his name wasnt Dukat but same actor no? Anyone know which im talking about?)

(PS.  wasnt Dukat the Cardassian on bridge the Enterprise in the Episode where the USS Phoenix was deystryoing all of the Cardassian ships... and Picard had to intercept him? I know his name wasnt Dukat but same actor no? Anyone know which im talking about?)

Same actor but different characters. Marc Alaimo played Gul Macet in TNG's The Wounded and Gul Dukat in DS9. Marc Alaimo actually played 3 different characters on TNG - a Romulan in The Neutral Zone, the gambler in Time's Arrow Part 1 and Gul Macet in The Wounded.

Oh, baby, baby - Gul Dukat! I adore Garak, but I LOVE Dukat. MA played him as such a multidimensional character until the whole pah'wraith thing, which had its moments.

BTW, happy birthday to Mr. Alaimo (May 5). I'll bake you a cake if you come over! :tear:

Oh, baby, baby - Gul Dukat!  I adore Garak, but I LOVE Dukat.  MA played him as such a multidimensional character until the whole pah'wraith thing, which had its moments. 

BTW, happy birthday to Mr. Alaimo (May 5).  I'll bake you a cake if you come over! :blink:

:huh: I went with Garak. I liked Dukat until he flaked out. Then, he kinda got annoying. By the way, Alaimo was one of the guests on TNG that became a regular on another series. Also, Armen Shimmerman (Quark) was on TNG too. Of course, they played different characters on TNG. :laugh:

By the way, Alaimo was one of the guests on TNG that became a regular on another series. Also, Armen Zimmerman (Quark) was on TNG too. Of course, they played different characters on TNG. :laugh:

Marc Alaimo guested three or four times on TNG. As for Armin Shimerman he guested a few times as well including once as Quark in Firstborn. When the Enterprise was trying to find the Duras sisters they discovered they had been at DS9. Quark owed Riker a number of bars of latinum from when he won at the one of the games. Quark agreed to trade what he knew about where the Duras sisters were in exchange for being released from the debt.

Oops I got Armin Shimerman's name wrong.

It's spelled "Armin Shimmerman." :innocent:

Actually Shimerman doesn't have a double "m" according to st.com.

Like Indy, I voted Garak, but I loved the revolutionist vission of Damar! :bow:

Ditto. Damar wasn't that interesting to me until he started to feel disgust for himself, and eventually made that change and became a great character. Before that, he was pretty much a tool.

Dukat was my favorite Cardassian early on, but not after he went loopy and started seeking out the Pah Wraiths. In a series of complex characters, he was too much of a cartoony villain later on.