Carrion

The Scimitar vs A Borg Cube

Scimitar vs Borg Cube  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Scimitar vs Borg Cube

• Scimitar
    • Borg Cube

Good question - I think it would be a close one

Reason I say this is the borg's ability to adapt to enemy weapons which could give them the advantage, but would they last long enough against it to adapt?

I don't think that the cloak would offer the scimitar any real protection - the Borg seem advanced enough to be able to negate that advantage

And also, would the Borg cube be able to adapt to the Scimitar's thaelaron weapon, assuming that the scimitar had time to "load the weapon"?

In the longrun I'd have to say the Borg cube

Edited by Shuttle

On another board, this debate went on for a couple of pages. B)

I'm with the Scimitar, but only once. Lemme explain:

The Scimitar could withstand a Borg attack (from a single cube) for the seven minutes it takes to deploy the weapon. Once the Thalaron weapon is fired, the Borg are gone. However, as soon as the Borg find a way to adapt to the radiation (could take another hit to adapt or maybe 10 - who knows) we get a real fight. In this case, I'm not sure who would win, but the victor would definitely limp away.

I am banking on the Borg Cube.

The Borg are a very impressive race. If they have already encountered Thalaron radiation, then the Scimitar would have to rely on its numerous other weapon systems.

The drawback of the Scimitar is the amount of time it takes for it to power up its Thalaron weapon. In this time the Borg could send over some drones to assimilate key crew members and shutdown the device. Or just assimilate the ships systems and shutdown the system all together.

If the Borg were intent of taking the ship, then I believe that they would have no problem.

:cool:

Stardate:21471.8

If the Scimitar could fire the thalaron weapon right off the bat then they would win hands down.But since it takes 7 minutes to charge i think by then the borg woulf have assilimated or destroyed the ship.The Scimitar's other various weapons wouldnt be enough IMO.

Stardate:21471.8

If the Scimitar could fire the thalaron weapon right off the bat then they would win hands down.But since it takes 7 minutes to charge i think by then the borg woulf have assilimated or destroyed the ship.The Scimitar's other various weapons wouldnt be enough IMO.

Even if the Schimitar fires off the thaelaron weapon, the Borg would addapt after 1 or 2 lost cubes, then the Schimitar would be the Borgitar. :lol:

I'm with the Borg here.

In terms of sheer firepower, the Scimitarmay, just may take out 1 Cube but no more after that duel. :lol:

The Thaleron weapon takes too long to prepare, 500 drones can be transported in few secs. to do what they do best. B)

Cloak isn't much of a bother for Borg, they handled the tiny Delta Flyer's multi adeptive shielding quite well especially when they start firing blindly which is more accurate then any single individual.

& once the holding beam is locked on, the Scimitar can barely do much, unless they shot every emitters. ;)

:grin:

What about the large assortment of Scorpian class attck flyers? adding that to the fire power of the scimitar would give it a stronger grasp of the tactical arena?

not quite,

Those are after tiny things that is both easily destroyed & have weak weaponry.

The Federation's most powerful Shuttle the "Delta Flyer" got destroyed by 3 Gravimetrix Torpedos by the Tactical Cube.

Just 3, those Scorpions barely got any Borg tech on it, all Reman only. In other words not much compared to the Flyer, So they'd get destroyed much easier, I suppose.

:lol:

Yeah maybe but i think the attack flyers would create a long enuf diversion for the Scimitar to lash out some real damage while doing alittle damage themselves. Although the attack flyer is weaker then the Delta Flyer consider the numbers of the flyers compared to the Delta Flyer, mass quantities means mass destruction, think of it like ants attacking a frog.

:lol: I VOTED FOR THE BORG CUBE.

It has just to much power for one ship to engage and destroy :borgqueen:

Sorry hangon but that is NOT correct (no offense) - look what a single species 8472 ship was able to do to a Borg ship.

I still think that the borg cube would come out on top - I'm not convinced that the Scimitar would last long enough to deploy the thaelaron weapon - seven minutes is plenty of time for the Borg to adapt to both the Scimitar's weapons.

And even if the Borg did not make the Scimitar itself it's primary focus - what about the crew - I'm certain that it would not take long for the Borg to figure out a way of beaming a heap of drones over and assimilating the crew.

look what a single species 8472 ship was able to do to a Borg ship.

15 Cubes would be a better example, :lol:

Anyway, that's mainly because their weapon "Bio Pulse" has no particular frequency to adept at all, its random based Frequencies constantly.

2nd reason, is because their electrical weapon is able to flow through the entire Cube killing off Drones & equipments from inside weakening the Cube Quick.

3rd Borg Vessels don't have shieldings like other race's, theirs aren't a field of energy to block out stuff, so the Biopulse was able to get in because the Borg's shield got nothing to adept to in the first place.

Unlike Voyager, their shields aren't depending on adeptation to freqs. so theirs can protect them bit longer then a Cube could last.

Example:

The first shot could kill dozens of Drones :lol: on a Cube.

While for normal shield based ships like Voyager in this case,

The first shot won't kill anyone, unless they bump themself hard on something & die of bleeding & injury. :lol:

They have to take down their shields first before can harming anyone onboard via "electricution"

They do have shields but not like other race's. Theirs is more advance because they are able to adept to freqs. & prevent alot of damage. which is far very effective. So why bother with the old fashion shields like Fed's or other races.

That was ofcourse before they met 8472, which their adeptive shieldings are practically useless.

Borg also rely most on armor & regenerative capability, We can say shields are a drain & quite irrelevant. 70% damage still the vessel can perform at peek efficiency.

We also see many clips about Borg vessels being shot & there are no signs of a shield like view.

:lol:

That's why is came to think that they don't have our type of shields "which shows a field of energy blocking attacks."

I am going to have to go with everyone else the scimitar is strong but not strong enough to destroy a borg cube. So my choice is the Borg Cube.

:cloud9:

BORG Helloo...... Borg can hold own against a 39 Star Fleet ships...... I mean come on......... The thing has adaptive shielding..... It would probably take the Scimitar down in less tahn seen minutes. Remeber the Voyager episode with 8472? The thing can fire tropedoes while spinning.... And remember..... They can transport..... Borg strategy: take down enemy shield system or adapt to it...... Then transport onto scimitar...

assmilate crew and computer core......

shut down weapon.....

One borg drone can start the assimiation of a whole entire ship......

They can change the lighting for all I care.....

They are going to win.....

check out it ditl.org for tech specs on the ships and compare.... The Borg cube is stronger.....

Borg has two tactics. Adapt and lock on shield drainer. Shinzon is an ok captain who could shake those disadvantages off. Scimatar kicks the borg butt. :blink: ;)

GO ENTERPRISE E