Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

What is your favorite "Hitchhiker" book?

Which is your favorite "Hitchhiker" book?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite "Hitchhiker" book?

• The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    • The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    • Life, the Universe and Everything
    • So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
    • Mostly Harmless
    • Starship Titanic (I don't think that counts as "Hitchhiker"...)
    • Young Zaphod Plays It Safe (That too does not count)
    • Hmmm, can't decide.....
    • That one that got lost in time-travel...
    • DNA's proposed sequel to "Mostly Harmless"
    • "Book"? What is "book"?

Which of the books from the increasingly inaccurately named "Hitchhiker Trilogy", written by Douglas Adams (aka DNA, Douglas Noel Adams)?

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

:waaaa::waaaa::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated:

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting lies at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

Click for Spoiler:

HHGG-HHGG.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

HHGG-Restaurant.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

HHGG-LUE.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

HHGG-Fish.jpg

HHGG-MostlyHarmless.jpg

Edited by drwho42

All the Hitchhiker's Guide books are fantastic, but I don't think any of them ever actually surpassed the original. Complemented, yes, but not surpassed. Just my opinion, though. :waaaa:

The Hitchhiker books are a series of Sci-fi Comedies, which begin with the destruction of Earth for an intergalactic freeway by the Vogons. Mostly the main-characters are Arthur Dent, one of the two last humans alive, and Ford Prefect, supplyer for "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", which basically helps you find your way through space and time. They hitchhike through time and space in a nonsensical universe where the Ultimate Answer is 42, while the question is: "What do you get if you times six with nine?"

:grin::wow: :P :P :wow:

Click for Spoiler:

console12.jpg

The Console Room of the 5th Doctor

Edited by drwho42

My sister (Gabri) has been trying to get me to read these books for years. I really should read at least the first one. Everything she's told me about them had me almost in tears laughing.

My Vote gos to Book 3 Life, the Universe and Everything I've read this one more than any of the others and I've read them about 6 times each but Book 3 about 12 times.

allthough my faveorite scene is form book two (Marvins confrontation with the Frog star Robat :force: )

To my mind You realy have to read the first and second as they realy are one story. the Books where based on a radio play and the plays story go's through to book 2.

BTW drwho42 Starship Titanic is not a Guide book, it was based on a PC that Adams wrote unrelated to the guide.

Well as I remember... The Frogstar Scout robot class D was having his conversation with Marvin in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". Btw, I know that, I decided it didn't count (<-I mentioned it in these!->).

The Radio drama (done by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop) was great.

;):force::eek: :huh: :P

I'm just more familiar with the first few books that they turned into a mini series back in the 80's("On PBS")before the recent film version was glad the first Marvin made a guest cameo in the film as well.

:assimilated: :P :dude: :P