Sign in to follow this  
welfconfed

U.S.S. Titan

I saw that a long time ago and it's just a fan conjecture originally titled the Excelsior-B. It's an alright design, but it's not canon in the least as I'm sure everyone knows.

For a non canon design, someone took a lot of time and dedication to "give life" to a ship that was merely just a name in "Star Trek: Nemesis."

In my book that diserves something.

I like the design. If Paramount does ever decide to make the visual leap with the Titan, I hope that they contact the designer of this ship.

Not bad, not bad at all!!!

For a non canon design, someone took a lot of time and dedication to "give life" to a ship that was merely just a name in "Star Trek: Nemesis."

Absolutely. All my respect to the individuals with the ability to create those images.

I like the design.  If Paramount does ever decide to make the visual leap with the Titan, I hope that they contact the designer of this ship.

Not me, it just looks like an uber-Enterprise. I'd rather see a new design. :blink:

I like the design.  If Paramount does ever decide to make the visual leap with the Titan, I hope that they contact the designer of this ship.

Not me, it just looks like an uber-Enterprise. I'd rather see a new design. :)

Then take the time to design one Captain!

Not me, it just looks like an uber-Enterprise. I'd rather see a new design. :)

Then take the time to design one Captain!

I'll leave that task to John Eaves when the time comes for #11. :)

What does "uber" mean? :lol:

I heard this word from Diablo 2, where theres a 'Uber-Diablo" in the Battlenet roaming freely anywhere on the game. :lol:

What does "uber" mean? :lol:

I heard this word from Diablo 2, where theres a 'Uber-Diablo" in the Battlenet roaming freely anywhere on the game.  :lol:

Uber is a word part. In the context I used, it would mean big, super, over-sized, that sort of thing. :lol:

I think Riker has every right to be assigned to a starship of ANY class. being an executive officer is something of a cross between a reward for years of service and exemplary leadership, and also an apprenticeship for future Captains. Riker has proven time and again that he is more than capable as a Captain. more capable, in fact, than probably most of the Captains in Starfleet. I see no reason why he should be relegated to an older ship on it's way out of the fleet. rather, it would be doing him a disservice.

I think Riker has every right to be assigned to a starship of ANY class. being an executive officer is something of a cross between a reward for years of service and exemplary leadership, and also an apprenticeship for future Captains. Riker has proven time and again that he is more than capable as a Captain. more capable, in fact, than probably most of the Captains in Starfleet. I see no reason why he should be relegated to an older ship on it's way out of the fleet. rather, it would be doing him a disservice.

I agree. I'd like to see him command a new ship, allthough not a prototype since the current series features one, or an older ship, but not too old, like a Nebula-class or Steamrunner-class ship.

I agree.  I'd like to see him command a new ship, allthough not a prototype since the current series features one, or an older ship, but not too old, like a Nebula-class or Steamrunner-class ship.

Speaking about Nebula Class, back at the newly upgraded startrek.com message board.

I read someone found a possibly official site that the Titan is a Nebula Class because he found the Titan's name on the Nebula category.

:rolleyes:

given the fact that he has been the first officer on the federation flag ship I think that it would by no means be unlikely that he would get eaither a powerful ship like the soveriegn class or even a proto-type, some said because it is his first command that it would be a old ship but given his achievement on the D and the E i thank he more then qualifies for a new and powerful ship :)

I heard Frakes say in an interview that he would like the Titan to take the helm of the next movie, if there were to be one.

I think a Star trek film could do ok without an Enterprise: look at Star Trek 4.

How about: the Enterprise goes missing after leaving DS9 where Voyager is docked, and the Titan is called to investigate by Admiral Janeway. Leading a fleet of Worf (commander of DS9) on the Defiant, Captain Tuvok on Voyager, and himself on the Titan, Riker uncovers a plot of deception and mystery. A garbled message and the mention of a race called the Suliban is all the mini fleet has to go on. Has this old foe come back to haunt the Federation? Was their mysterious disappearance 200 years ago really a disappearance? Or did they just simply migrate to another time period, where revenge on a ship called 'Enterprise' is all that a deranged Suliban leader Sillik can think of?

Te mini fleet travels on a journey that takes them to strange new planets. The movie culminates in the discovery of the Enterprise's wreckage. Survivors including Picard, Dr Crusher and Geordi are found. The Suliban need to be hit by a tackion bomb that will unstablise their presence in the 24th Century. Riker brings the experimental program Data VL on line: the intelligence and knowledge that was Data, that he had previously saved on to a database before Nemesis. (Brent Spiner can be the computer's voice) The Data program comes up with a way of constructing such a device, which is ultimately delivered with a witty Klingon comment, by the Worf man himself. Voyager suffers too much damage, however, and is destroyed.

A bashed up fleet head back for DS9. Happy enough.

I don't mind whatever ideas they come up with, to me anything that goes on screen, it means it has to happen.

But 1 thing i don't understand with most people.

What makes them think Voyager is still flying around?

its a 99% that they make it into a museum, its human nature to do such things to great things. making it an idol.

There are other Intrepid Classes out there & more to come to use. So why keep mentioning Voyager?

I would like the Starship Titan to be a new starship. The next progression of ship onwards from the Sovereign/Prometheus designs of vessels. For all Riker has achieved on the Enterprise's D and E, it would seem only fair that he is given a new class of ship.

I would like the Starship Titan to be a new starship. The next progression of ship onwards from the Sovereign/Prometheus designs of vessels. For all Riker has achieved on the Enterprise's D and E, it would seem only fair that he is given a new class of ship.

Why would the Sovereign & Prometheus-class be replaced when they're still top of the line? :o

Why would the Sovereign & Prometheus-class be replaced when they're still top of the line?

Because I hate them both.

The Sovereign class looks awful, I prefered the Galaxy Class to this pile of trash. As for the Prometheus, it looks cool when it breaks into its sections, but when it is integrated, it looks butt ugly. IMO.

It's bad enough that Riker would have to live with Troi and her tiresome psychobabble, lets give the poor guy something. A good looking ship would be a good first step.

If I was Riker and had to live with Troi droning on about my emotions and my repressed feelings, I'd be running to the frickin' Holodeck trying to recreate Minuet.

:o B) :o

Edited by William Stryker

There's nothing wrong looking to see a prototype, new class, or new "older class" we haven't seen before

I never said there was. I just feel that the Titan should at least look asthetically pleasing.

I just think it silly to replace the Sovereign-class based on it's looks as that doesn't seem realistic.

Luckily it isn't real, so everything should be OK. If you're going to fly around the galaxy in a starship, you may as well do it in syle.

:o B) :o

Any news on the Titan? Lately I've been wondering, and ST.com is useless for any real information. I want to know!!!

Reviewing ships, Titan is a good name for:

Asimov Class

Dawnstar Class

Europia Class

Explorer Class

Intimidator Class

Prometheus Class

Others look good, but these look like the toughest. Then again, you can never judge a ship by it's name. For all we know it could be a Larson Class *gag*.

Luna Class, eh? What does it look like? Any in-depth infomation? Or do I have to read the novels for that :wink2:

right now they are holding a contest for people to send in their drawings for what the new Luna class ship will look like. Which ever pic wins will be what it looks like. A winner hasn't been chosen yet, as far as I know, so it hasn't really been said what it looks like yet.

my guess is that we will find out what it looks like in an upcoming novel. But I still recommend reading the books, they are great

A contest? If I were a good artist, of Federation ships especially, I would have considered thinking something up.

here, this is from the back of book one, I had to hand type all of this so I hope you enjoy the read :)

The Ship:

U.S.S. Titan, NCC-80102, Luna-Class. The Titan is a mid-sized Starfleet vessel, approx. 450 meters in length (larger than the U.S.S. Voyager and smaller than the Enterprise D) with a crew compliment of 350. Titan's hull configuration is comparable to other established Starfleet vessels.

The Luna-Class is Starfleet's newest generation long-range explorer, a starship not built specificallly for combat, but like the Constitution-class of the previous century, a vessel designed for long-term multipurpose mission into uncharted space. Equipped with conventional tactical systems (deflector shields; phasers; quantum torpedoes), Titan also boasts state-of-the-art propulsion and cutting-edge scientific equipment, as well as being a testbed for experimental science tech not yet available on other classes.

Titan is manned by the most varied multispecies crew in Starfleet history, with humans taking up less than 15% of the 350-member crew. The diversity of the crew is intended to facilitate stories that will explore the ways that beings of different cultures, biologies, psychologies, and physical appearances learn how to work together, or fail to, depending on the circumstances they encounter.

Titan has eight shuttlecraft of various sizes

The Story behind the Luna-Class

The Luna-Class Developement Project was initiated in 2369 in response to the discovery of the Bajoran wormhole, and originally conceived as leading a planned Starfleet wave of deep-space exploration in the Gamma Quadrant. The project was spearheaded by Dr. (Commader) Xin Ra-Havreii, a Starfleet theoretical engineer at Utopia Planitia. Field testing on the prototype U.S.S. Luna was under way by 2372 in the Alpha Quadrant, and construction of the fleet was scheduled to begin the following year. Unfortunately, contact with the Dominion and the subsequent outbreak of hostilities mothballed the project indefinitely, as Starfleet redirected its shipbuilding resources to the production of vessels better suited for combat.

Upon the war's end in late 2375, Dr. Ra Havreii correctly judged that the Federation's cultural psychology would eventually shift back towards its pre-war ideals, and pushed to have the Luna-Class revisited as a major step toward resuming Starfleet's mission of peaceful exploration (even though the class would no longer be assigned exclusively to the exploration of the Gamma Quadrant). Construction of an initial fleet of twelve Luna-Class vessels was completed by 2379, and the Titan was offered to William T. Riker, one of many command officers eager to put the strife of the last decade behind him.

The Luna-Class Fleet

The ships of the Luna-Class are all named for moons in Earth's solar system

Amalthea

Callisto

Charon

Europa

Galatea

Ganymede

Io

Luna

Oberon

Rhea

Titan

Triton

:sus: there, that's all of it. I hope this has been good info and what you wanted :)

:) You really didn't have to do that, Gemera! But you were right, it was a very interesting read. I thank you fully :)