Sign in to follow this  
welfconfed

U.S.S. Titan

I would like it to be an Ambassador Class Starship..Since we haven't seen too much of this one..

Edited by spacetigger

Ambassador? lol :dude:

no offense, but its too old, i doubt 100% that they give that class to Riker for the near 25th century.

Its either a Prometheus or something new or another Sovereign. I think it should be smaller then a Sovereign.

They did talk like its something to marvel at. :)

Ambassador? lol :)

no offense, but its too old, i doubt 100% that they give that class to Riker for the near 25th century.

Its either a Prometheus or something new or another Sovereign. I think it should be smaller then a Sovereign.

They did talk like its something to marvel at. :dude:

Yeah I know the Ambassador is old.. :rofl: It was just an idea of mine because we never saw much of it..It certainly couldn't be a Sovereign class like the Enterprise..I even doubt they would give him a newer class Starship for his first command..!? What does the Prometheus look like?..Is it bigger and newer than the Sovereign class ??

Here's a pic of the Prometheus.

http://www.geocities.com/auric180/Prometheus.html

Size 415m smaller then Sovereign around 700m.

able to split to 3 pieces as shown in the picture. Fastest ship in the fleet, maybe even Intrepid Class.

This was shown in Voyager "Message in the Bottle" It can dissabled 2 Warbirds by itself in a short notice.

does this help? :waaaa:

What a cool looking ship! Can't wait to see this ship on Voyager next year..I've never seen it before..I doubt they would give it to Riker for his first command though..That's why I was thinking about an older class starship..

I'd definitely think Riker would be due up for something like a Galaxy class, or Akira class, or maybe an NX ship. But I don't see him getting a top of the line Sovriegn class ship right away, even if he did spend 15 plus years as Executive Officer on three ships (Two Enterprises and the Hood).

What a cool looking ship! Can't wait to see this ship on Voyager next year..I've never seen it before..I doubt they would give it to Riker for his first command though..That's why I was thinking about an older class starship..

lol, yeah but that's bit too old.

But they did talk like its new. hmm. :waaaa:

Besides, Janeway is a new Captain & she got the latest ship design at that time.

"Intrepid Class"

Edited by vold

Besides, Janeway is a new Captain & she got the latest ship design at that time.

"Intrepid Class"

Perhaps but I just think it needs to be a different class of starship. One that we haven't seen on any of the series or movies yet. That rules out Sovereign, Galaxy, Intrepid, Constitution, NX....So what does that leave? Akira, Miranda, Prometheus..What else? I can't think right now..I'm leaning towards the Akira as a first command..

"Intrepid Class"

Perhaps but I just think it needs to be a different class of starship. One that we haven't seen on any of the series or movies yet. That rules out Sovereign, Galaxy, Intrepid, Constitution, NX....So what does that leave? Akira, Miranda, Prometheus..What else? I can't think right now..I'm leaning towards the Akira as a first command..

What about Titan class?

The USS Titan could be the first ship of it's class. It would be nice to get some closure on this ship. However there are a lot of ships in Star Trek history that have not recieved any closure in the way of design or specifications.

I like the idea of the Titan being the first of its class. Despite this being Riker's first command, he has been a very capable first officer for so long, and as well as taking comman of the enterprise numerous times in picard's abscence, he was offered his own command several times during the series. (its a good job he didn't take one of those offers, the ship was destroyed at Wolf 359 - cant remember which one though) I dont see why he wouldnt be given a top of the line ship to command.

I am not 100% sure but i think the Titan is a nebula class ship

They didn't say in the movie, all they said was that Riker would be taking command of the Titan. I'm actually glad we don't know anthing about the ship as this gives the 11th movie a chance to be set on the Titan with Riker as captain and with a mixed crew. :waaaa:

They didn't say in the movie, all they said was that Riker would be taking command of the Titan. I'm actually glad we don't know anthing about the ship as this gives the 11th movie a chance to be set on the Titan with Riker as captain and with a mixed crew. :waaaa:

Yeah they did not say in the movie but I belive it is in the TNG companion

In which edition would that be? It isn't in my TNG Companion.

:assimilated:

Very interesting hope the info is canon. :waaaa:

1 thing concerns though, 3 main Deflectors?

What possible use is that?

"3 major frequency weapons against Borg vessels?" lol :assimilated:

thanks for the look though. :assimilated:

Guest Guest

most likely made up, many of the ships there are made up.

They didn't say in the movie, all they said was that Riker would be taking command of the Titan. I'm actually glad we don't know anthing about the ship as this gives the 11th movie a chance to be set on the Titan with Riker as captain and with a mixed crew. :assimilated:

In which edition would that be? It isn't in my TNG Companion.

:waaaa:

Yeah I just looked at mine and it's not in there I must of read it some where else, But that Titan class ships looks awesome I hope if it is real they would give him one :assimilated:

This is nothing more than an opinion, but I don't particularly like the non-canon Titan design as per the link posted by noname1.

As Vold said, what possible use could a ship have for three deflector dishes - just makes the thing look like Starfleet had nothing better to do with two surplus Galaxy class deflectors, and it does not make the ship look particularly appealing IMHO.

Voyager had an auxillary one on it's foward "primary" hull and we never saw that used, so why would any ship need three.

I'd didn't really like it either.

I don't know, it just looks like it was a normal ship then it got squashed. I imagine I could get used to it, if it were used in another film, but I'm not crazy about it...yet.

This is nothing more than an opinion, but I don't particularly like the non-canon Titan design as per the link posted by noname1.

As Vold said, what possible use could a ship have for three deflector dishes - just makes the thing look like Starfleet had nothing better to do with two surplus Galaxy class deflectors, and it does not make the ship look particularly appealing IMHO.

Voyager had an auxillary one on it's foward "primary" hull and we never saw that used, so why would any ship need three.

While I'm not in love with the design, the three deflectors may be there in preparation for future upgrades ( slipstream or borg weapon tech) plus the enterprise often had to use its deflector for large scale energy transfers, as well as in an offensive capability.