Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

Star Trek Adventure

I have no idea if the Star Trek adventure at Universal Studios Florida is still there, since when I went it was in 1994 or so, but anyway, what it was is this: you'd dress up (along with family, friends) in the TOS movie uniforms and you'd be given some lines to read. Someone was the Captain, the vulcan science officer, and helmsmen in training. After getting in costume and becoming familiar with the lines, your group, along with a director of sorts, would go onto a stage that was a make shift bridge, but with nothing in the background. All the lines were on the walls in various parts and the director would tell you where to look, what to do, and when to say the line. In the end the enterprise bridge (not the real one from the movie, but a starship bridge) was super imposed on the background along with the original cast excluding Spock and Kirk. Essentially, you played out a 5-7 minute episode (with the TOS cast) where the story is that you're part of a new training crew, and you end up getting attacked by Klingons who have stolen the exact same ship Kahn stole in ST2 lol (they used footage from that movie), and the training crew saves the day.

Then you're given a tape of it and you're off. I just wondered if anyone else did this or not? Was kind of cool, but looking back it was kind of corny to have a 12 year old captain who still had a girly voice haha.

I knew I wasn't the only one!!! I am from Florida, but we visited the theme parks like everyone else...and we came upon the Trek Adventure. However, I think when we went it was 1992 or 1993. My mom and dad decided to let us do it, mainly becaue I was a big fan of Trek(well, actually, my whole family is a Trek fan of varying degrees). Any way, since there were five of us they let us split up the roles. I am trying to remember which officer I was...because my mom was the helmsman(or maybe we all split that roll up), and my Little brother(who was about 6 or 7 at the time) and I(I was 12 or 13) shared lines. My dad was the captain(that was hilarious, especially in the klingon scene and he flubbed up a line and rolled his eyes...the timing for that mistake was perfect, even though we didn't know that the klingon was going to laugh about my dad being "captain"!), and my sister (who was 10 or 11 at the time) was the Vulcan. Well her ears kept falling off thoughout our "episode", and she looked more like a little elf than a Vulcan!(a vulcan that could say the word illogical, but not say logical...go figure!)

We still have the video, and watch it from time to time! It was one of those things that was fun to do, and fun to watch after you first finished it. And then years later you go, "Man, I know I could have given a better performance then what you see on the screen!" :tear: When we first got home we showed EVERYONE in our family our Star Trek:TOS episode we did!! Even if they were not Trek fans we begged them to watch!

Where the Klingon laughs works in mine too, since was 12 year olds, with a mean stare on my face saying "I am the captain"... just didn't work. I managed not to flub any lines but my Dad who sat at the helm was practically sitting on Sulu, so they screwed up the positioning. He's also about twice the size of Sulu so it looked amusing.