Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

May the Borg negotiate with Q?

In order to gain more power and control, can the Borg or the Borg Queen negotiate with Q or the Q-Continuum?

:bow: :o B) :unsure: :idea::dude::idea::bow:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

"These are the players, with or without a scorecard: in one corner, a machine; in the other, one Wallace V. Whipple, a man. And the game? It happens to be the historical battle between flesh and steel, between brain of man and the product of man's brain. We don't make book on this one, and predict no winner, but we can tell you that for this particular contest there is standing room only- in the Twilight Zone." (Twilight Zone, Fifth Season, "The Brain Center At Whipple's" [5/15/64])
Edited by drwho42

The Borg think everything is futile and irrelevent

So do the Q

They would make a perfect pair..to try to destroy each other..I can't see them standing eachother for that long

Not sure about Q, but to me

Eventually they will find a better way to seek for perfection then assimilation through convincing help by individuals to have a peaceful relationship with them.

By Feds i mean. :lol:

I picture a powerful ally in the future to help take care our galaxy from hostile outsiders.

:lol:

I think Q can be assimilated, they aren't as omnipotent as they want us to believe. Even the old Q said so himself, & how Q told his son to leave the Borg alone,

"they are afraid."

No ones perfect. :lol:

There must be some fear for the Borg on behalf of the Q, since Q told his son not to mess with them. Or it could just be messing with the Borg makes them aware of other cultures to assimilate (Q Who?)

In "Q & the Grey" they already prove that mortals can go to the continuum by themself & Qs can be killed.

So if the Borg realizes the existence of Q, thy may find out how to do both & adept it to assimilate them.

:o

What Q said to Q2 was: "Don't annoy the Borg!" So the Q might be vulnerable to the Borg, possibly if the Borg figure out how to get to the Continuum. I don't think the Q started out there, I think they found it and moved in. Since they get their power from there, they would definitely be worried about the Borg picking up on it and becoming able to match them equally.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but my friend had a lovely idea for a series, which ends with how the Q Continuum was formed.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but my friend had a lovely idea for a series, which ends with how the Q Continuum was formed.

Hmmm, it seems it may turn out to be an interesting idea....

I've wrote about a race powerful than the Q-Continuum, but they exist in a different Time-space Continua....

Bleuvians they are called (in the primitive carbon-based bipedal's speech), and they've over-used time-travel, so their time-space continua is degrading, and degrading....

So they leaders of become totalitarianistic to the under-class, and they ban any-dimensional sliding to outside (or inside) continuums....

Agh, I had a very detailed chronology on this race I made up....

Now I can't find it.....lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

What Q said to Q2 was:  "Don't annoy the Borg!"

Actually he said,

Q: "Don't provoke the Borg."

not annoy, :blink:

Well, maybe Q was telling this for two other reasons:

1. He was talking to a young Q that surely did not have all the power or knowledge of a complete Q.

2. The Federation can be triffled with and still remain indiferent towards them. Federation citizens are just good company or toys for the Q. The Borg on the other hand would surely try to counter and then the Q would have to annihilate them. But the Q do not really want to destroy anything ( maybe they want to keep the balance or something ). Anyway as it would be bad for a kid to destroy its toys the same goes for Q ( Some Q do have compassion for lesser beings )

Also, i do not really think that any being capable of destroying the enterprise with a snap of its fingers and with natural invulnerability ( in fact hundreds or more of them ) would have any trouble destroying anything. ( Well except Captain Kirk and his ship, since in TOS they had tens of these beings for lunch... )

In "Q & the Grey" they already prove that mortals can go to the continuum by themself & Qs can be killed.

So if the Borg realizes the existence of Q, thy may find out how to do both & adept it to assimilate them.

:blink:

184505[/snapback]

That was special circumstance. Q out Janeway in and the Star was a portal into the continuum. There is no other way of getting in. It was just because of the civil war. There isn't one anymore, so it doesn't matter anymore.

nope,

remember what the female Q said.

"Think for a moment"

the result of supernovas everywhere shows there's a link between the continuum & our realm.

any Supernova can cause an opening to the continuum.

There's no just 1 nova that can do it.

as long as there are stars out there, there is a way to get to the continuum without snaping a finger.

All the Borg need to do is either wait for one to occur or cause one themselves.

In other words, the continuum is still at risk of an invasion, as long as no hostile force knows about their secret entrence, they are safe for the time being.

2. The Federation can be triffled with and still remain indiferent towards them. Federation citizens are just good company or toys for the

not all races in the Federation are "goodie goodie type" Humans are 1 of few races who forgives easily. Others like the Son'a who was nearly a Federation member (or are they still accepted?)

I doubt they will be in any forgiving mood, if Q mess with them like with the humans.

i doubt it many Q r very obnoxious

look at previous star trek episodes and if the borg upset them the borg could b simply erased from history

easy work 4 Q B) B) B) :laugh:

all hail Q the most powerful race in star trek

Im not quite sure what the Borg can offer the Q... they are omnipotent arent they B)

I don't how you negotiate with a being who can wipe you from existence with a simple snap of its fingers.

Plus, the Borg often say "Negotiation is irrelevant."

The Q would have nothing to gain, they are omnipotent, negotiating with the Borg would be ridiculous.

Sorry to go off topic but I have to ask - what was the original quote from 'Ghostbusters 2'?

Sorry to go off topic but I have to ask - what was the original quote from 'Ghostbusters 2'?

351559[/snapback]

To the best of my recollection "Janos" (pronounced Yanos) said it regarding the Ghostbusters VS. Vigo; "You are like the buzzing of flies to Vigo!"

Close, AE. The exact quote is:

"He is Vigo! You are like the buzzing of flies to him!"

Not that this is important.

351564[/snapback]

Yes that is it Jack.

They are Q! The Borg are like the buzzing of flies to them!

Ah got it now, thanks, actually have the movie here but didn't want to go through the whole thing just to find the quote. Anyway - back on topic.

The quote was "Don't provoke the Borg!" I don't believe the Q are in anyway vulnerable to the Borg. I think that was said as a warning as the Borg can cause havoc throughout the universe, and if a Q had cause it then they would be responsible for the damages done. Perhaps havoc isn't the best word, they moreso arrive, kill, assimilate, leave.