Sign in to follow this  
Tina

The Enterprise D Vs The Enterprise E

I prefer the Ent-E. I've always thought that the neck that separated the saucer section from the engineering section was a design flaw with would result in a huge weak spot. (The same goes for all previous designs with necks.) Eliminating the neck with the Intrepid class and, later, the Sovereign class was a definite improvement design-wise, and, IMO, a better aesthetic choice.

Look, i love both Ships. D was the show Ship and E was in the last three movies.. But what i didn;t like in the last movie warp drive was knocked out with their first shot, from the Scimitar.. But that just me.

NIKKI

Edited by NASAAN101

The Scimitar took out the Ent-E's warp drive so quickly because A) they were targeting the warp core specifically, and :) operating while under cloak, the Scimitar was able to sneak up on and fire upon the Ent-E before anyone even suspected anything.

E was trying to make it to a small fleet awaiting for her in Sector 1045: USS Intrepid (NCC-74600) USS Valiant (NCC-75418) USS Galaxy (NCC-70637) USS Aries (NCC-45167) USS Nova (NCC-73515) USS Hood (NCC-42296) USS Archer (NCC-44278). my question here is if she made it to them. could they have protceted her or would it have been an even firght..

NIKKI

Well, let's see.

USS Intrepid is, presumably, the first of the Intrepid class, which are a tough and versatile design.

USS Valiant is of unknown design.

USS Galaxy is a Galaxy class, with upgrades, is still one of the most formidable classes.

USS Aries is a Renaissance class, not very tough but a good support vessel.

USS Nova is of unknown design, though presumed to be a Nova class.

USS Hood is an Excelsior class, which can still put up a hell of a fight.

USS Archer is of unknown design.

The Ent-E by herself brought the Scimitar's shields down to 70%, so I'd say that the Ent-E plus Galaxy and Hood would be difficult for the Scimitar to deal with. With the other classes present, I'd say that they have a very good chance at defeating the Scimitar.

I love the design of the Ent-E but I don't like the fact that the E has got its butt kicked in every movie it was in.

Ya, but she did as much damage back!! o i found a 17" model of Ent-D.. And i was wondering if anyone has it, and can telll me about it.. But one of the ships wait for her was USS Galaxy, she was the sister to Ent. D.. i going guess that USS Hood (NCC-42296), was named after the WW 2 British BAttleship sank By KM PRinz Eugen And Bismarck, Right.. What dose tyh NCC mean.

NIKKI

Edited by NASAAN101

Guys,

Kind of a dumb question when were the six Galaxy class, ships commissioned? i'm doing something on End-D. that why i'm asking..

Nikki

Guys,

Kind of a dumb question when were the six Galaxy class, ships commissioned? i'm doing something on End-D. that why i'm asking..

Nikki

First of, there were more than six Galaxy-class ships. There are eight that have been named: Challenger, Enterprise, Galaxy, Magellan, Odyssey, Venture, Trinculo, and Yamato.

Secondly, the only one that has a date of commissioning given is the Enterprise, which is 2363. Obviously, the Galaxy came first, so possibly before 2363. And the Yamato was referred to as the Enterprise's sister ship, so it's probable that she was commissioned in 2363 as well.

Thanks,

from what i read there was going to be 12, but only six were built.. like i say i love both ships.. D was a the explorer and e- was the buttler of the two.. but i love both of themm, in there own way you know..

NIKKI

I like both ships but the E is a better ship. It could take on a galaxy class without getting a scratch :)

i really cant decide which one i like better :o

Edited by Kisame Hoshigaki

Kisame Hoshigaki,

what do you mean my this: It could take on a galaxy class without getting a scratch? when did she ever take on a Galaxy class ship? But i thing my all time favorite is D, she was the show ship so, she was only 8-years-old when she the Destroyed, right??

NIkki

I liked both ships, but I gotta give the edge to the Enterprise-D. A truly wonderful ship that caught our attention when TNG premiered. I was actually a bit dismayed when she was destroyed in Generations, but at least our TNG crew got a new ship by the time First Contact was made. :)

Guys,

I could be wrong on this, but from what my consin said the Photon torpedo can shot with like 5-warheads and the Quantum torpedo can shot up to 10-warhead in a single shot, but like i say i'm not to sure on this..

NIKKI

No, both type of torpedoes have only a single warhead. The thing is that the warheads have variable yields, meaning that it can be adjusted to anything up to it's maximum yield. In the case of the photons, that means up to 200 isotons. Max yield for the quantums is unknown.

I'm not sure way, but a torpedo launcher has to be modified in order to fire quantums, despite the fact that they use the same torpedo casings as the photons.

Where are the launcher? i know it sound like a Dumb Question, i was just asking.. She also had the twelve phaser arrays, Right. How powerful are they.

Nikki

Hay guys,

i was looking some stuff on the Galaxy-class sister, and from a few site there are only 6-sisters: Challenger - Enterprise - Galaxy - Odyssey - Venture - Yamato..

Nikki

Guys

Ok, that was i was thinking to. IT's sad all six never got to operate as a team, the six of them.. For some reason, and I can't put by finger on it, but for some reason, D is and will always be my famorite.. And if any of you listoned to the audio commentary on Generations, She did have a stubby litttle butt.. i wist they could bring her back from the dead.. but that's just me.. also i'm kind of doing a story on D and e and i got that size and metter and feet and some one tell me what they are in miles, D was 642 meters is just over 2,106 and E was 685 meters, watch is just 2,247 feet. i'm not trying to be a smartass ok, i'm just asking ok..

NIKKI

The E is pretty cool. Looks sleek, and fast...ready to leap to max-warp, at a relative rest(as she did so well in the films)....a departure in that regard from its predecessors-though every ship in that proud line has her allure. Still wouldn,t count 'th 'ol Big D out .....ssssshhhhhhooooommmmm!!!!! :vbg:

guys,

kind of a dumb question, Did E take part in the Dominion War, i know there are two book on her with that, but i was active in the war..

NIKKI

Edited by NASAAN101

guys,

kind of a dumb question, Did E take part in the Dominion War, i know there are two book on her with that, but i was active in the war..

NIKKI

I would assume so. She is the flagship.

And I know I've seen a book about it.....

ya, there's two on her Behind Enemy Lines and Tunnel Through the Stars. both of witch i'm trying to find... I mean this with all my heart she was a pretty ship. and You have to wonder is that could ever be real..

Nikki

1701dorb.jpg

The Enterprise D was holds more of a special place to me than the Enterprise E.

52510611_3cbe0212f4.jpg

The Enterprise D was home to a lot of wonderful adventures, the E not so much.