Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

NX-class VS Akira-class

With all due respect, guys, I don't think you're giving Harry a fair shot here.

I LIKE Enterprise, but I'm still a proponent of the whole "Akiraprise" debate. I feel the producers got lazy and unoriginal, fan favorite design or not. I have debated it before, and I'm not willing to debate such a trivial issue again. Harry is entitled to his opinion. Disliking an aspect of a show doesn't necessarily constitute bashing, though in this case I'm not certain.

That said, the Akiraprise grew on me. <_<

Guest Mike_Hines01

It's not just the Akiraprise things. He has a go at every little thing thats wrong with the show. Which is realy annoying as no tv show is perfect.

::takes harry to the side and gives him a pep talk::

Don't worry Harry..they just are jerking your chain..If Capt Archer came on in Drag singing show tunes they would STILL watch it

Trekkies watch trek..no matter how bad it is..and they wlawyas have a counter argument for EVERYTHING

So tougen uo and don't get discouraged

Mike: If that is how you feel I would suggest contacting a moderator with your complaints rather than commenting on the individual. This topic is about the "Akiraprise" theory, not personal opinions on a certain member.

(One line edited; I didn't mean to sound harsh at all in case that came across.)

Enterprise nx- is basically a akira flying upside down! oh.but there's no such thing as up/down in space... I think the writer's can just point to it and say....see the design was so "ahead" of it's time...the design was returned to 200 years later ..with the akira class.. It's not a really big deal....unless you try to "explain" the Deadalus design after the Nx...and why the "sphere" hull never worked out....that's why it's "easier" to pre-date the Deadalus b4 enterprise nx...then you can say..see the nx proves that "saucers" are better than "spheres"

HA HA HA

Thats really good

(BTW I love time Bandits)

Thanx <_<

It just seemed like the right thing to do... Post the picture...

Glad to see someone else likes Time Bandits.lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

If Capt Archer came on in Drag singing show tunes they would STILL watch it

Not me! <_<

Trekkies watch trek..no matter how bad it is..and they wlawyas have a counter argument for EVERYTHING

Well, Star Trek hasnt gotten bad yet, so I dunno what to say... <_<

Enterprise nx- is basically a akira flying upside down!

Really? Where's the Akira-class deflector on top of the ship then? Why is their a warp-thingy instead of a weapons pod? Why is the ship smaller? Why is the primary hull a different shape? Why are there no visible escape pods? I could go on and on... <_<

oh.but there's no such thing as up/down in space...

Correct.

I think the writer's can just point to it and say....see the design was so "ahead" of it's time...the design was returned to 200 years later ..with the akira class..

Actually, no. The treksplanation is that the Akira-class is a tribute to the NX-class, the first Starfleet ship design that allowed Humanity to start explorring the galaxy.

It's not a really big deal....unless you try to "explain" the Deadalus design after the Nx...and why the "sphere" hull never worked out....that's why it's "easier" to pre-date the Deadalus b4 enterprise nx...then you can say..see the nx proves that "saucers" are better than "spheres"

The Deadalus-class has never been seen on screen. :hug: The model in Sisko's office doesn't count, because no one said, "Oh, nice model of a Daedalus-class ship, Captain." <_<

:hug: The V'gerprise...

Click for Spoiler:

vgerprise.jpg

lastresort.jpg42.gif

DOC, that IS awsome! I Love it <_< could we use this for the USS Elusive ?

<_< Sure you can! :)

Just add me in the credits, hehe... :hug: I'll take a look at your U.S.S. Elusive thread...

Glad you love it, and probably other people... B)lastresort.jpg42.gif

Don't worry Harry..they just are jerking your chain..If Capt Archer came on in Drag singing show tunes they would STILL watch it

I don't hate anyone for whatever they think of Enterprise - I just hope it stays on long enough to finish whatever mission the creators of the show have in mind for it, regardless of what kind of ship they use. <_<

BTW if you want to see Scott Bakula in drag and/or singing, watch Quantum Leap. He's done both several times. <_<

I know that!

He looks good as a women!

i was being sarcastic <_<

If Capt Archer came on in Drag singing show tunes they would STILL watch it

Sorry to get a little off-topic, but what if Enterprise did a show like TOS's & TNG's "The Naked Now", or was it "The Naked Time"?

I'll stop now. <_<

So am I to understand you that you are not a Trekkie? Trekkie meaning "Star Trek Fan". I ask because you say "They" when referring to Star Trek Fans.

Also to refute your assertion that Star Trek Fans will watch no matter "how bad it is" I point to Star Trek V and urge you to investigate fan reaction to it. Also investigate fan reaction to Star Trek Nemesis. While you are investigating these things also investigate general fan reaction to Voyager while it was on TV. I think you will find there were many Trekkies that had complaints to all of these, as well as with DS9 and TNG. Picard was called weak, TNG was called a "Rip Off" of TOS and DS9 was called "Too Dark" and outside of Gene Roddenberry's "Vision".

So rather then proclaim Star Trek Fans as mindless robots just because we like Enterprise you should come to the understanding that you are in the minority of those that dislike the show. As were the Voyager Bashers, DS9 bashers and TNG bashers.

Click for Spoiler:

akira-vs-akiraprise.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

enterpriselarge-comments.jpg

Harry, that's not fair because when bernd made that they really hadn't explained a lot of which part did what. Such as: the "weapons pod" is a subspace governor that helps keep the warp bubble stable in the higher warp factors the enterprise utilizes; the shuttle bay is actually underneath and not "at the back" as it appears; those are struts that come off the saucer :hug:; the portion of the struts closest to the bridge, what the device is that (basically) was derived from the P-38 lightning (i know cause i'm a fan of the aircraft <_<) is the first stage plasma accelerator. I have more but i'm probably loosing people by now <_<.

Ok, the spoiler i meant to use was the second 1 harry put up, not the first one. Sorry about that :hug:.

Edited by Alterego

Harry, that's not fair because when bernd made that they really hadn't explained a lot of which part did what. Such as: the "weapons pod" is a subspace governor that helps keep the warp bubble stable in the higher warp factors the enterprise utilizes; the shuttle bay is actually underneath and not "at the back" as it appears; those are struts that come off the saucer <_<; the portion of the struts closest to the bridge, what the device is that (basically) was derived from the P-38 lightning (i know cause i'm a fan of the aircraft :hug:) is the first stage plasma accelerator. I have more but i'm probably loosing people by now <_<.

No, go on. I'm interested in your thoughts. And I also liked the P-38 though the Corsair was my favorite WWII plane.

Simple answer: They didn't have the money for a new model. complex answer: The Akira class was designed to be reminescent of the NX class, with some differences. Starfleet designers were feeling nostalgic while watching this old show called "Star Trek: Enterprise"...

Well, it was officially admitted that the design was based on the akira, pretty much. But they said that was done because of how famous the akira class was and they hoped that fame would transfer to some extent. Still, it is a good idea and establishes some sort of design lineage that goes earlier then just 23rd-24th century lines. I'd like to see more of these 22nd-24th century lineage lines if you ask me <_<.

Okay, this whole board misinterpreted my comments completely.

I was not saying I hated Enterprise. I love Enterprise. I was saying I hated nit-pickers who bash Enterprise for stupid reasons, like similar ship design. If you wanna call it unoriginal, fine. But I think that there are better example of it being unoriginal, like the need to bring the Borg into season 2.

If you wanna bash Enterprise, fine, I can live with that. However, pick a better example. That's all I'm saying.

<_< Enterprise Rocks <_<

Yey, it looks like another ship. Booraa. What ship doesn't on Star Trek? As far as I'm concerned, almost all of the ships on every series ripped off the basic design of the TOS ship except for the Defiant. Even the shuttlepolds look like the TOS ones. This doesn't hurt continuity, it strengthens it.

LOOK, if all this discussion only hinges on the fact that the basic ship is always fashioned with the SAUCER as it's core, right? Why doesn't someone just come up with a different core then work from there? Start over from the beginning? That's the problem here, no one has come along yet with the guts to try a new approach. The only other ships I think we've seen that weren't aerodynamic was the Borg Cube. Now this is just my opinion so please don't kill me, O.K.? <_< <_<