Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Who was your favourite DS9 actor?

Who do you think is the best DS9 actor, or actress, regular or guest star, in my opinion avery brooks did an amazing job throughout the series, Jeffrey Combs was good also. Who is your favourite DS9 actor or actress?

(Ezri was annoying eh?)

There were so many good actors and actresses on DS9..I too thought Avery Brooks did a great job..But I've always been partial to Nana Visitor's portrayal of Kira Nerys..

My fav ds9 actor has to be general mortok ;) :) :)

:bow: TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!!!!! ;)

THis is a hard one to answer Andrew Robinson, was great, Jeffery Combs was great, Mark Alaimo was a great bad guy. I liked all of the actors in DS9.

The only DS9 actor I didn't like was Louise Fletcher.

Andrew Robinson for me since Garak is my fave character. He does an amazing job. :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Avery Brooks is my fav actor and I always liked Colm Meaney. Miles O'Brian is such a likeable character.

Kira is my fav female character.

And I go with VBG I like all the character at DS9 except Louise Fletcher. The chemestry between the crew is what got me hooked on the show.

Avery Brooks was my favorite character. He (in my opinion) was the best captain in any ST series.

My second favorite character would have to be Alexander Siddig (Siddig El Fadil). I loved the fact that he was genetically enhanced and kept it hid for such a long time... and his Section 31 involvement was a great story arc in DS9.

Stardate:21330.8

I have always like Colm Meany,even before DS9 hell even before TNG. He is a great actor.

Since watching DS9 I have really started to like Andrew Robinson

I have only just recently started watching Deep Space Nine and I'm about half way through season three. There are so many great characters on DS9 and I have more than one favorite character so I will list them, in no particular order:

I love Jadzia - Terry Farrell played her so perfectly. Jadzia is a great role model and so confident with everything. I find Trills quite fascinating and I really admire the way Jadzia has incorporated all of her other symbiont's hosts into her own thoughts. I know that she dies at the end of season six and I'm really annoyed about that!!

Andrew Robinson is fantastic as Garak. I love how he is so subtle when it comes to talking about his past - Julian thinks he has him all figured out but there is more to Garak than meets the eye. He is one of my favorite minor characters on DS9 and I hang out for those small scenes between him and Julian. It seems that Garak's character is becoming mroe interesting as the show progresses.

I like Kira too, her character is so realistic because there is always someone, somewhere that doesn't like to take any crap from anyone. I like how she has become friends with Jadzia - its interesting to see how two completely different people, with different personalities and with different backgrounds, can get along with each other so well.

O'Brien is great too, he has a funny sense of humour and his daughter, Molly is such a cutie!! I also like Odo, he is very cunning and he is always ten steps ahead of Quark. Jake and Nog are another good example of how two people from different cultures can become good friends - I like their characters too.

Quark has grown on me now and I love episodes about him - he is always trying to pull of some scheme or trying to make money illegally. He is quite cunning too but not as much as Odo.

Madam Captain out!!

There were so many good actors and actresses on DS9..I too thought Avery Brooks did a great job..But I've always been partial to Nana Visitor's portrayal of Kira Nerys..

Yes, I like Kira too. She was very angry at first, which was understandable for a Bajoran living on Deep Space Nine but I have found, now that I'm half way through watching season three, she has started to settle down a bit. She reminds me of B'Elanna from Voyager, she didn't want anything to do with Starfleet at first and she depised Janeway. However, as the show progressed and she fell in love with Tom, she settled down too.

Julian has started to grow on me now, even though he is naive and annoying. I find it funny that he keeps chasing Jadzia but Jadzia isn't interested him in that way at all.

Colm Meaney is great as O'Brien, I love his character and his friendship with Julian. Those two kind of irritate each other but Julian has saved O'Brien from some dangerous situations aswell.

Madam Captain out!!

I enjoyed Andrew Robinson as Garak. Garak was such a great character and added so much to the intrigue.

Too much Louise Fletcher bashing going on here. Certainly Kai Winn was a despicable character. But her "two-faced" nature was what made her so much fun to watch, and to hate.

Fletcher, Marc Alaimo, and Jeffrey Coombs were what made DS9 great.

I've said it before, and I say it again - I cannot name a regular character on DS9 that I DON'T like. As for guest characters, the only thorn in my side was Bareil. I just didn't like him. I have nothing against the actor who plays him. :blink:

Ok, since I "have" to pick favorites, in no particular order: Avery Brooks, Terry Farrell, Nana Visitor, Andrew Robinson, Rene Auberjonois, and

Marc Alaimo, Marc Alaimo, Marc Alaimo, Marc Alaimo, Marc Alaimo, Marc Alaimo!!

Whew - that last one was no secret! :blink:

There was some terrific acting in this series - hard to choose just one. Kira was my favorite character. I thought Garak was terrific - Andrew Robinson did a wonderful job.

I can't think of anyone who's acting I didn't like.

LadyNarana Posted on Jan 11 2004, 07:42 AM

I've said it before, and I say it again - I cannot name a regular character on DS9 that I DON'T like. As for guest characters, the only thorn in my side was Bareil. I just didn't like him. I have nothing against the actor who plays him. 

Gasp, ...TUH goes to lie down....

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

There are so many great actors on that show, It's had to choose, Of course, Avery Brooks did a hell of a job, Jeffery Combs, Andrew Robinson, Marc Alamo the list is endless.

I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!

Dru

Too much Louise Fletcher bashing going on here. Certainly Kai Winn was a despicable character. But her "two-faced" nature was what made her so much fun to watch, and to hate.

Fletcher, Marc Alaimo, and Jeffrey Coombs were what made DS9 great.

I just never cared for her as an actress, nor did I care for the character. I suppose she played it very well and the best way to that character. I just would have preferred they kept Kai Opaca. That's not to say I'd have them change anything if I somehow had the power to do so. The series can stand on it's own as it is.

True, but I think you need that tension that Kai Winn brought to the show. You wanted to like her like everyone liked Kai Opaca and Vedek Brielle, the fact that she was greedy and selfish was great, it wasn't my favorite character but was good.

Dru

Sorry, TUH. :) Bareil a favorite?

As to Louise Fletcher, I've never been a huge fan, but you're supposed to hate her. Gotta be tough being the person everyone dislikes. Must spill over into the "real" world, esp. knowing SOME fans. :)

First, I'm going off of very little experience with DS9 here. :unsure:

As for my favorite characters, I'd have to go with Quark, O'Brian, Bashir, and Odo - close, but probably in that order. Each of these has had some great comic moments.

My favorite DS9 actor/actress might be Terry Farrell or Marc Alaimo. Hard to say without having seen too many eps.

I love Odo..Rene Aburjonoius(i hope i spelled it right) Is a great chracter actor..So is Marc Alaimo(He was in Hellraiser) then there would be Quark :unsure: ( who was also the High school principal on Buffy the Vampire slayer)

I love Odo..Rene Aburjonoius(i hope i spelled it right) Is a great chracter actor..So is Marc Alaimo(He was in Hellraiser) then there would be Quark :unsure: ( who was also the High school principal on Buffy the Vampire slayer)

Andrew Robinson (Garak) was in "Hellraiser."

Main Cast favorite: Sooooooo hard to pick, but I guess all in all it would be Armin Shimerman (Quark).

Supporting cast favorite: Andrew Robinson (Garak), with Jeffrey Combs (Brunt, Weyoun) coming in a close second.

It would almost be better to pick a favorite actor/actress for each season!

Hey LadyNarana

Thanks for the correction .. All those cardassians look alike to me :unsure:

I think I'd have to say my very favorite character would have to be Andrew Robinson as like many of you out there was my favorite character.

I do have a difference of opinion on Avery brooks. Although I didn't mind him from about when he got his head shaved on, I wasn't impressed with his acting. For the first two seasons he seemed like a wimp of a captain and couldn't do anything without help (even making major decisions captains should be able to make).

His character was much improved on that after we meet the dominion. There was always something about his acting that just didn't seem "real" to me. It was almost over acting or something, I don't really know how to describe it, but its only my opinion.

I dont think i agree with that, his acting had a lot of passion in it, which reflected the character of Sisko.

As for my fave actor, it has to be Colm Meaney, I love seeing him in films, even just small roles (I love 'Under Siege')

The more I think about it the harder it is to pick one favorite. One minute I think "Quark" the next I think "Bashir" and then I think "O'Brien". DS9 is so rich when it comes to great characters, it's impossible to pick just one.