I think the JJ Abrams films are overly complicated with the timeline stuff. So I think I got some of it, especially after watching a couple YouTube videos. But I’m still a little fuzzy on some stuff, specifically the destruction of Vulcan and Romulus and how that fits into the timeline (a little on how it happened). Can anyone help? 

The destruction of Vulcan happened in the Abrams timeline. The destruction of Romulus happened in the Prime timeline. I think that covers the bascis. lol

Thanks. That does clear it up. So Vulcan isn’t destroyed in the Prime timeline where Picard is now taking place...only Romulus is. And Romulus wasn’t destroyed in the Kelvin timeline... however, I do remember hearing some so stuff about how the 2 events (or timelines) are connected and it has something to do with Spok and the events in the Star Trek 2009 film... right? 

I'm not the biggest expert on all of this since I've never bothered to watch any of the Kelvin movies... but the causality is like this, I believe: Romulan dude in the 24th century is forced to witness destruction of Romulus in the Prime timeline, then seeks revenge and gets pulled into a singularity of some kind that throws him into the past, creating the Kelvin timeline in which that same Romulan dude then destroys Vulcan because he's still seeking revenge.

19 hours ago, Brex said:

Thanks for this. Yeah, that’s  what I kinda figured but it’s helpful to make sure I got it straight. 

You're welcome! Glad I could help. :thumbs: