Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Beam Up New TNG Silver Coin Notes

thumb_beam-up-new-tng-silver-coin-notes.

The New Zealand Mint has just released the third and fourth silver coin notes in their limited-edition Star Trek: The Next Generation Silver Coin Note Collection, and the notes capture the essence of the TNG episodes “The Best of Both Worlds, Part I” and “Redemption, Part I” via art by Juan Ortiz.

inset-best-of-both.jpg

“The Best of Both Worlds, Part I” was the cliffhanger final episode of TNG’s third season. “Redemption, Part I” was season four’s 26th episode, which saw the Enterprise travel to the Klingon Empire and attempt to thwart an impeding civil war. The notes are mini replicas of the poster artwork designed by Juan Ortiz for each episode; the use of color and engraving reflect the spirit of each.

inset-redemption.jpg

The notes are made from 5g pure silver, which is used to good effect in the design. The unique number in the mintage is printed on each and they are packaged inside a protective sleeve. Details of the coin note’s authenticity are printed on the reverse of the sleeve.

The obverse of each silver note has the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and is legal tender in Niue. Both releases are part of a seven-note Star Trek: The Next Generation Silver Coin Note Collection. A hardcover Star Trek: The Next Generation Collector’s Album, which is included with the purchase of the “Encounter at Farpoint, Part I” Coin Note, features a page for each note.

Only 50,000 of each note will be produced. Be sure to visit www.nzmint.com to order your Star Trek: The Next Generation Silver Coin Notes.

View the full article