Sign in to follow this  
Vic

A Note from Todd McFarlane

thumb_a-note-from-todd-mcfarlane.jpeg

My company and I have created every shape and size of pop-culture toys and sports figures -- inspired by hit movies, television shows and video games, as well as by world-class athletes -- that this M-class planet has to offer. I’m excited to take my toy company, McFarlane Toys, into the final frontier with our new line of Star Trek collectible action figures (that just hit stores).

Todd McFarlane at STLV 2017

The line, which was first announced when I presented at Star Trek Las Vegas 2017, was created to give all of you Star Trek fans a cool, curated assortment of figures at the level of detail for which we’re known.

Making figures for such a culturally important brand is truly an honor. I hope that fans will see that we’ve made something with them in mind -- and that we did it right. Including all the little things that Trek fans are passionate about.

I followed along at the announcements from this year’s STLV (and I’m sad that I couldn’t be there… Spawn movie duty calls), and the reveal that Captain Pike will be in Discovery’s second season. So, the gears are turning at McFarlane Toys as to what will come next. But first…

Let’s get to the new figures: Captain Kirk comes in his Command Yellow Starfleet uniform and includes a Type II Phaser, a Communicator and a Phaser Rifle. Get a closer look of the figure below.

McFarlane Captain Kirk figure

Captain Picard is shown in his Command Red Starfleet (Type B) uniform and comes with a Type II Phaser and the Ressikan Flute, from the episode “The Inner Light.” Each figure stands seven inches tall and comes complete with multiple articulation points and a stylized, brand-specific base. Get a closer look at the figure below.

McFarlane Captain Picard figure

Captain Kirk and Captain Picard Figures are available now on Amazon and will be in specialty stores for MSRP $19.99.

Star Trek fans

Fans should stay tuned to McFarlane.com and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for behind the scenes, giveaways, reveals and more.

Todd McFarlane
Founder and CEO of McFarlane Toys

View the full article